PDA

View Full Version : WTF!? PS2 SF controller can't be used with any game?

slip81
10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
So I buy a chun li edition street fighter controller for $10 at gamecrazy the other day because I like to play the Sonic and Mega Man compilation disks on my PS2, but I hate the PS2 gamepad.

I get the controller figuring that it can be used with these games, and much to my surprise Sonic Mega Collection Plus won't recognize it.

Is the controlelr this way for every game, only working with the Street Fighter collections, or is the Sonic Mega Collection just a fluke?

I'm also using an older PS2, but that shouldn't matter, right?

youruglyclone
10-10-2006, 01:03 PM
well since the controller isn't a dualshock it won't work with a lot of games...sucks but hey that's how it is

slip81
10-10-2006, 02:26 PM
well since the controller isn't a dualshock it won't work with a lot of games...sucks but hey that's how it is

Ahh, what the frig.

My question is though, why does Sonic of all things require a dual shock, and it there any list out there that will tell me what games require DS what ones don't?

klausien
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
I had a similar problem with the Sonic Compilation discs on my Cube using a PS2 SFII & a PS2 Satrn pad through a converter. Only works with the Nintendo or Hori pads. The Hori pad is good for Sonic, but I wanted to play the SOR series with the Saturn pad (have the imports).

smork
10-11-2006, 03:08 PM
My Chun Li pad works like a champ on King of Fighters '94: Rebout. Haven't tried it with any other game, though.

Gapporin
10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
My question is though, why does Sonic of all things require a dual shock, and it there any list out there that will tell me what games require DS what ones don't?

Actually, the problem here is that Sonic requires an analog
controller. Check the back of the case. Among the specs on the bottom of the case, if it says "Analog Control", then you must use a DualShock controller with that game. If it doesn't, then you're golden. This is also the same with PSX games.

Xizer
10-12-2006, 11:05 PM
You should've bought it for the Xbox; my Xbox SF controller works perfectly with Megaman Anniversary Collection.

On that note, the HORI Game Boy Player controller for the GameCube also works perfectly with 2D games, like Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection and Viewtiful Joe.

I guess the PS2 just sucks.

Gapporin
10-12-2006, 11:45 PM
I guess the PS2 just sucks.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8279/clipboard01ow7.jpg

Shut it up---shut it up, you.

scooterb23
10-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Really childish Xizer...

slip81
10-13-2006, 12:07 AM
No, he's right

I guess I'll probably just end up getting them for the GCN instead.

Xexyz
10-13-2006, 11:47 AM
When it comes to U.S. PS2 releases, we seem to get shafted on the digital output pads/sticks. Being an importer, I bought a Hori Real Arcade Pro Stick (which btw, isn't giving me problems anymore :D) so that I could play all my shmups the way they're meant to be played. It's a major bonus to have because on top of that, I can use it with all my 2D and/or arcade oriented domestic PS2 games. You can imagine the disappointment I got when I found out that Castle Shikigami 2, R-Type Final, Gradius V, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Guilty Gear X, etc. etc., all had manditory analog control...

The only domestic release company you can truly rely on supporting digital control in their games is SNK Playmore.

Xizer
10-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Really childish Xizer...

It was a joke. I don't hate the PS2. It has Shadow of the Colossus.

JPeeples
10-14-2006, 05:19 AM
If you want to play retro games with a retro-ish pad on the PS2, there's always the Retrocon.