PDA

View Full Version : how many of you are keeping tor PS3 system?

qbertandernie
10-13-2006, 11:17 AM
i was hearing a lot about people wanting to sell their PS3 systems, so i was wondering what percentage of people on these boards are keeping thiers. i think the price isnt going to be as ridiculous as expected because i think a large percentage of preorders will go up for sale.

its anonymous, so please be honest :)

Doom Gaze
10-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Gotta pay for your Wii stuff somehow.

To ebay it goes!

WanganRunner
10-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Everyone I know is ebaying their PS3's, I only know like one person who's buying it to keep, and now he's on the fence about it too.

I've already got a bunch of units ordered through FYE (at least #5 or better in line at each store).

I'm still camping for systems at Best Buy the night of the launch with my friends.

Ebay just removed ALL the PS3 presale auctions though, so I think we'll only be allowed to sell in-hand systems.

Xizer
10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm eBaying that shit.

Note to everyone planning on playing it: Good luck with those next-gen Blu-ray disc errors. GG

jajaja
10-13-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm eBaying that shit.

Note to everyone planning on playing it: Good luck with those next-gen Blu-ray disc errors. GG

You own a time machine? @_@

drewbrim
10-13-2006, 07:47 PM
I'll be slanging that shit like crack rocks if I'm lucky enough to get one. It's just way too much money to pass up that could be used for other things. Plus I can wait til March or whenver there is an abundance in stock. It's not like I don't have other things to play ;)

LiquidPolicenaut
10-13-2006, 07:53 PM
A LITTLE part of me is/was tempted to Ebay it but, being a system whore, I think I may actually keep it, just like my Wii. I know, I know I'm crazy and something is supposed to happen but hopefully hell will freeze over and my unit wont be TOO defective ;)

Anthony1
10-13-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm keeping one of my PS3's, of course the key word being "one". That is, assuming I'm able to get more than one. Right now I'm 4th in line at my local GameStop, so I feel pretty good about that one, but it's quite possible that I won't get a second one, or any other PS3 units like I would like to. I would love to sell 2 or 3 and keep 1 for myself, just like I did last year with the 360. Last year, I was amazingly able to get my hands on four seperate 360 systems, and I sold 3 of them and kept 1 for myself. It's a great way to finance a love affair with a new piece of gaming technology. PS3's, Wii's, Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on's, don't just grow on tree's you know.... You have to pay for those things, and I really don't have the extra cash sitting around to be able to pay for all that stuff, but if I can somehow snag a few PS3's, then I can create the cash to pay for all of that crap as well as a few new games.

I'm not a big fan of this new scarcity thing that seems to have started with the PS2 back in late October of 2000, but if all the companies are going to play this game, then we might as well take advantage of a bad situation and turn it into a positve. :)

Slate
10-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm unsure. I know i'll be buying a PS3 when it's cheap enough so I can play the few GOOD exclusives that are available for it (Read: Let it sit on the shelf) But I may buy one to resell it on ebay and be guranteed to get an HDTV and Nintendo Wii..

Lothars
10-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm eBaying that shit.

:roll:

well no Xizer doesn't have a time machine, he just loves to troll because otherwise he would never post and we would be all better off.

I don't plan on getting a ps3 right away, if I was to get a ps3 at launch I would be ebaying it, I don't trust launch systems of any system but we will see.

heybtbm
10-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Tor's PS3?

http://www.geocities.com/alcus2/johnson.jpg

Tor Johnson

diskoboy
10-14-2006, 01:25 AM
My vote: I'm not getting one - period.

TurboGenesis
10-14-2006, 08:56 AM
I will be keeping my PS3. I tried to get another one at another Game Stop (low volume store) but a few traffic lights held me up and alas I was one person too late. I had intended to get 2 so I could sell one and it would pay for the system I kept and my Wii. Oh well. I got to keep one, I tried to get extra and well it didn't work out.

Cryomancer
10-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Tor's PS3?

Tor Johnson

hahahahhahha

Xizer
10-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Wait a minute, people are naive enough to believe the PS3 won't be DRE-filled at launch?

Have you all forgotten the PS2's first few years? SCPH-30001, anyone?

Then there's the fact that it's a first-gen, crapass quality Blu-ray laser being put in. Perhaps you can explain to me how Sony is managing to produce a system for $400 less than how much Blu-ray players are going now without making the laser a piece of shit? Oh, that's right, they aren't.

Then there's the fact that the PS3 is going to play a shitload of disc formats, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Blu-Ray, and all their variants, and it's just begging for trouble.

jajaja
10-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Wait a minute, people are naive enough to believe the PS3 won't be DRE-filled at launch?

Have you all forgotten the PS2's first few years? SCPH-30001, anyone?

So if the previous model had some errors it automaticly means that the next model also got errors? Back in the 60's Ford made a car called Pinto. If someone colided with it in the rear, the gas tank exploded. So if you follow that logic it would mean that the next car Ford made would have the same problem. What happend? The next car didnt have that problem.

Sure, there might be some child deseases on PS3 since its high tech and brand new, but you cant tell before it acctualy happends.

Then there's the fact that it's a first-gen, crapass quality Blu-ray laser being put in. Perhaps you can explain to me how Sony is managing to produce a system for $400 less than how much Blu-ray players are going now without making the laser a piece of shit? Oh, that's right, they aren't.

Then there's the fact that the PS3 is going to play a shitload of disc formats, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Blu-Ray, and all their variants, and it's just begging for trouble.

Easy, when new things come to the market they always cost shitloads of money. A standalone BR player will cost $2000 over here when it comes out. In 1 year it will waaay lower and still they make money on it. And gfx cards for PC. When they come out they are damn expencive, but the price just keep going down. Still, they make alot of money. Another great example is DVD players. How much was they when they got out? Hundres of dollars? Now you get one for $50. My point is that even if a thing cost crazy money at launch it doesnt mean its expencive to produce.

Now you can explain to me why there is a problem for a device to play several of different medias. Please give me technical info where the problem is.

BydoEmpire
10-15-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm not getting one at launch, but if I did manage to get one I'd keep it. There are enough games I want to play (Lair, Resistance, Oblivion)... just not enough to spend $500+.

Captain Wrong
10-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Tor's PS3?

Tor Johnson

I was thinking the same.