PDA

View Full Version : will you be keeping your Wii?

qbertandernie
10-13-2006, 11:21 AM
i think the majority of preorders for Wii systems will go to people who actually want the system to play, and less for speculation. prices may prove higher percentage wise on these than the PS3 due to a lower number of systems on ebay.

so, hoiw many of you are keeping the system?

its anonymous, so please be honest!

GrandAmChandler
10-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Well with 2 million units already produced by the end of September, I would say putting these on eBay is pointless. But I could be wrong. I am definitely keeping mine.

jajaja
10-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Yep, i think so too. Considering all the Wiis that will be made it wont sell for crazy on Ebay. I wont buy a Wii before its half the price it is now so it doesnt matter to me hehe.

slip81
10-13-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't think I'll be getting one at launch due to the fact that I'm trying to save up for other things.

But if I did, it would be just to keep it. Given the relative cheapness of the console to start with, and the fact that they won't be limited in numbers, getting one to flip seems pointless.

If anything, I'd guess that they would probably sell for $250 or less on ebay when they pop up. Why would anyone pay more when you'll just be able to walk into a store and buy one?

Captain Wrong
10-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I always try to hold my Wii for as long as I can but when you gotta go, you gotta go. You can give yourself a serious medical condition if you don't let your Wii go once in a while.

NE146
10-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Hello.. I collect videogames. I keep everything. :roll:

Kejoriv
10-13-2006, 02:15 PM
yes, im really excited about playing it

theshizzle3000
10-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Hello.. I collect videogames. I keep everything. :roll:

Yep...That sums up my view I keep it no matter what it is now

7th lutz
10-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I am not getting for launch and I will be waiting for next year.

Only a fool would be biding on a wii on ebay at this point and the seller is too a fool. Nintendo is expected make 7 to 9 million Units of the system world wide by the end this year. The only thing that would prevent a customer a wii is the employee that preorder the systems for themselves like at gamestop and ebgames. I wouldn't be shocked if the wii or the ps 3 wouldn't have a lot of units in for people who are not employee of gamestop or any place that has preorders.

LAGO
10-13-2006, 05:12 PM
I might not be able to pick one up at launch but i'll definitely be hanging on to it when I do get it.

Anthony1
10-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I didn't even know that there was a though process out there that suggests that buying a Wii for anything other than your own gaming pleasure was even a consideration?

If the most recent info is to be believed supposedly there will be 1 million Wii systems available in the USA on day of launch. Compare this with 400,000 PS3's and 380,000 Xbox 360's (last year) on the actual launch day. Now, this doesn't mean that the Wii isn't going to sell out, cause it should pretty much sell out, but it isn't like the Wii is going to be extremely hard to come by this holiday season. Having said all that, I'm a little bummed out that I was camping and just got back home to find out that GameStop/EB started pre-orders today, and by the time I got back and found out about it, I was SOL. I'm going to try to find one on the day of launch, but I'm not going to be camping for it in front of any Best Buy or anything. Hopefully my local Costco or somebody will still have one available about 10 minutes after the store opens, or my streak of having Nintendo home consoles on their day of launch will be broken. (da horrah!) I actually have a streak going, that dates back to the arrival of the SNES in August of 1991, of buying Nintendo home consoles on the day of launch. So I would be definitely pretty damn dissapointed if I'm unable to snag one.

Dangerboy
10-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Playing, baby.

I have 6 games and the deck reserved, and thanks to some N64 auctions of my collection that I don't play anymore, I now have the system and 2 games of the above paid off in full.

This will be the first time in my 25+ years of gaming that I will be getting a system on day 1, and partaking in the fun right from the start. I haven't been this hyped, and on track to follow through on said launch, since the original PlayStation...and I didn't get that till 5 months later :)

Go Wii!

Slate
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I can't vote, But I can say that if I can get one i'll keep it. I may buy a PS3 too, But only to resell on ebay. I want a HDTV and Nintendo Wii this holiday season.

boatofcar
10-13-2006, 09:06 PM
I think that the era of flipping consoles ended with the 360...I seriously doubt we're going to be seeing those crazy prices for the PS3, and most definitely not the Wii.

Slate, can you change your avatar? It really annoys me for some reason. @_@ :)

Slate
10-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I was about to change it to the coverart for Stubbs the zombie, But it won't accept it. (Pic is too big)

I'd change my avatar but I haven't got any programs to modify pictures on my PC.

MrRoboto19XX
10-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Ill be playing that thing, basking in its infinate glory.

I dont think Id want to go through the hassle of selling it, especially on ebay.

Nez
10-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Slate, can you change your avatar? It really annoys me for some reason. @_@ :)

Same here

Anyways I'm not yet decided, $250 toward the car or the WII, choices choices.

dcescott
10-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Dunno either. I want the Wii, but I also want wood floors in the house, another arcade cab, new computer, pedals for my guitar, more games for my DS, or better yet, put the 250 towards my increasing debt. My priorities aren't aligned with Nov 19 if you know what I mean...

Eternal Tune
10-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Even though I had to work yesterday, I was able to convince my dad to wait in line at Gamestop to pre-order my Wii. He told me he was 6th in line and they only took 8 pre-orders. He also said there were a few people trying to cut in line. Ahh the madness of launches. I'm just glad my ass won't be outside Best Buy all night like it was for the 360. I hate camping in November.

p_b
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Hey, it's the first time I've ever preordered a console, so it's for keeps!

TurboGenesis
10-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm keeping the Wii!!! I will be picking it up at midnight and by 1am i shoud be teeing off or ready to serve or be up to bat. By sunrise I will proabably be winning some type of championship!

diskoboy
10-14-2006, 11:24 AM
I am buying a Wii.

And I am gonna keep it.