PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Bubble Bobble Revolution DS (US) to be recalled?

RevQuixo
10-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on the forum, so if I'm duplicating info..sorry.

It seems the US version of BBS is totally fux0red with it impossible to get past Level 30. Codemasters has issued a statement on their website saying that they will be manufacturing new carts to replace the buggy ones.

This creates two possible scenarios:

1) The original buggy ones will be pulled from the shelves

2) The fixed ones will have to be obtained by Codemasters directly...possibly by sending in the buggy version to them.

Either way, the original printing of BBS may become rare..or the fixed version might depending on how widely it is distributed.

Moral of the story: Whacked out obssessive collectors may need two copies..one to hoard and one to replace.

djbeatmongrel
10-14-2006, 11:31 AM
wheres the info on this. i think my shop may have a copy of this if this is true

diskoboy
10-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Excellent.

No wonder why I couldn't find a copy last night.

But as much as I love Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands, I don't think they're worth $30 a piece.

RevQuixo
10-14-2006, 11:37 AM
wheres the info on this. i think my shop may have a copy of this if this is true

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137389

RevQuixo
10-14-2006, 11:39 AM

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137389

It's on Page Two:

We have been looking very hard into this issue with Nintendo and have now determined that all of the carts that have been shipped in North America are faulty.

Needless to say we are extremely sorry that this situation has arisen and would like to apologise to all customers who have bought the game.

We have already started the process whereby a corrected version is to be manufactured and will ensure that all customers have their copies replaced. Unfortunately this will take 8-10 weeks (simply because of the time required to manufacture new carts). We will update (via this board, and email to anyone who has emailed us) what you will need to do to get a replacement game, as soon as this has been determined.

Please note. This only affects the North American version. Customers in other parts of the world should not experience this problem.

Limbofunk
10-14-2006, 08:47 PM
I was wondering why the boss wouldn't appear in level 30...and in some levels, all the monsters would die automatically. Thanks for the info.

norkusa
10-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Moral of the story: Whacked out obssessive collectors may need two copies..one to hoard and one to replace.

If the replacement carts have identical content, why would anyone want one of the buggy ones? Even from a collectors standpoint, I can't imagine them being worth anything aside from being a funny novelty.

RevQuixo
10-15-2006, 12:17 AM

If the replacement carts have identical content, why would anyone want one of the buggy ones? Even from a collectors standpoint, I can't imagine them being worth anything aside from being a funny novelty.

There will no doubt be packaging alterations to identify the new version...such as the "Hot-New" designation used to replace early Midway Dreamcast games that had faulty pressings. I'm not saying it is the right mentality to collect it...but it will be there.

joshnickerson
10-15-2006, 03:45 PM

There will no doubt be packaging alterations to identify the new version...such as the "Hot-New" designation used to replace early Midway Dreamcast games that had faulty pressings. I'm not saying it is the right mentality to collect it...but it will be there.

Or perhaps replace the insert art with something that doesn't suck total ass.

cyberfluxor
10-15-2006, 07:58 PM
I hope they do a recall. I haven't purchased it but I have a friend that did, but he hasn't seen the glitches yet, just got it the other day. And yes it would be nice to see if they give it better art work to show the differences from the reprint.

I asked elsewhere and got to response but does anyone know if Rainbow Island is messed up as well? I wanted to get both but only if they are in good health.

RevQuixo
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I just received my replacement Bubble Bobble DS. For those who are curious, they did slightly alter the packaging to delineate the old versions from the new versions:
On the front in the upper right corner the item number is NTR-AB6E-USA on the old version and NTR-AB6E-USA-1 on the new version.

On the back to the right of the barcode the item number is NTR P AB6E on the old version and NTR P AB6E REV1 on the new version

Not sure if Codemasters is planning on releasing the fixed version in the stores, but now you can tell buggy from fixed.

Oh and the crappy cover art is still the same.

Griking
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I have a hard enough time understanding the interest in getting a rare game that's shitty but I can't understand for the life of me the interest in finding a game that's just plain broken.

RevQuixo
03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Well I think the rare one at this point is the fixed version..which so far is only available as a replacement for defective copies via Codemasters.

If it never hits retail it has the makings of a Minestorm II. (albeit there will probably be more BBR)