PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted PS2 memory card?

kainemaxwell
03-23-2003, 05:44 PM
My stepfather's PS2 memory card was having issues today. The data for all the other game son it loaded fine except for all his Tekken 4 data. When the game loaded he got an error saying the files have been corrputed and were unloadable.

Anyone else have this issue and would it be the game itself at fault?

IntvGene
03-23-2003, 11:04 PM
I had Onimusha corrupt one of my bloody memory cards. I didn't turn it off or even touch it. Then, I reload and it's all buggered up. Luckily, Onimusha 2 formatted it for me when I got that, and cleared up my problem. I still had to buy another memory card though... >)

I'd love to see what Namco has to say. They'll no doubt blame it on you.

kainemaxwell
03-24-2003, 06:40 AM
My stepfather claims it's not from the Gameshark either.

bargora
03-24-2003, 01:47 PM
I have one memory card, and occasionally Red Faction had trouble reading save files. Like two or three times. But it was able to read the files after I powered down, removed and reinserted the card, and tried again. Nothing permanent.

MrKitt
08-01-2003, 11:40 AM
the pirated version of action replay, gameshark and region X might corrupt your memory cards since its intended for the dongle and not a normal memory card. im not sure why but ive experinced that when testing the software. i also know that someone made a repair software for corrupt psx memory cards if your lucky it might even work for ps2 the bad thing is that i dont know a link to the software.. use google and search using the force :/