Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: DP's Official Digital Antique Roadshow Thread (through April 07)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coreycorey2000
    Wondering if anybody knows about Pinball machines? I'm picking up a 1978 Elvis Presly Alive Pinball Machine for $150. It's in really good condition. Might need to fix it up a little but not much. I know very little about Pinball machines but I want one and this is the only one I can find locally. When I get tired of it I'd like to trade it for an arcade machine. Just wondering if it will be possible.
    I saw one of these in great shape go for about $4000 on ebay.
    I like bananas because they've got no bones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sealed Ogre Battle 64 (Complete of course)

Gameboy Cleaner (Clear case Nintendo all over it)

Bad Dudes Stand up Arcade

Total Carnage Stand up Arcade

Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Stand up Arcade

APB stand up arcade

Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder Stand up Arcade

Double Dragon stand up arcade

Tri sports stand up arcade

Neo Geo System Aero Fighters 2 Stand up Arcade

Street Fighter 2 Stand Up Arcade
    *Insert famous Towlie quote here*

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Got some items:

Videocade 2012 Space Fortress w/ manual
    Videocade 2011 Galactic Invasion w/ manual
    Videocade BASIC cart w/ audio cassette jack
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the poster with the Mystic Quest guide... It's a mixed bag as to how much that goes for. There was a period not so long ago (4-6 months ago, I think) when 5 or 6 of them ended in the $15 range, and there were a couple auctions back in '03 or '04 that ended in the $130 range. Personally, I'd estimate its value closer to $25-$30.

My item to be appraised: a factory-sealed Frogger II for the Atari 5200...
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What are the current values for-

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Complete non/gh)

Alundra (complete)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just the cart, none of that other izek business.

probably not a lot of interest in this; i don't have a lot of other examples to go by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Impossible mission II pre production cart

I have an Impossible II pre production cart with a black and white label. This the Nes one made by Epyx. I also have a Bermuda Triangle demostration cart for the 2600, as well as Frankensteins Monster demo cart for the 2600 as well. Confirmed with Rick Weis to be legit.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Impossible mission II pre production cart

I have an Impossible Mission II pre production cart with a black and white label. This the Nes one made by Epyx. I also have a Bermuda Triangle demostration cart for the 2600, as well as Frankensteins Monster demo cart for the 2600 as well. Confirmed with Rick Weis to be legit.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Impossible mission II pre production cart

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    I have an Impossible Mission II pre production cart with a black and white label. This the Nes one made by Epyx.
    Do you mean the one made by S.E.I.? They were all developed by Epyx, but I don't think Epyx had anything to do with the publishing of either copy. I'm not an expert on proto prices, but given the recent rates of $100-200 per proto, I'd assume yours would be valued at the higher end of that.
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    Nintendo Power Millennium Controller for N64
    Didn't I sell that to you? :P

How about an in box SNES model 2?
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Willbert
    Quote Originally Posted by coreycorey2000
    Wondering if anybody knows about Pinball machines? I'm picking up a 1978 Elvis Presly Alive Pinball Machine for $150. It's in really good condition. Might need to fix it up a little but not much. I know very little about Pinball machines but I want one and this is the only one I can find locally. When I get tired of it I'd like to trade it for an arcade machine. Just wondering if it will be possible.
    I saw one of these in great shape go for about $4000 on ebay.
    That's got to be absolutely incorrect.

You are probably thinking of a Stern Elvis from a few years ago selling for about $4000. That makes some sense.

The old Alive game (with Elvis on the backglass) is a turd. It's one of a few "home models" that saw production in the late 70s. The home models are smaller, cheaper, and much less valuable than arcade pinball machines. It's definitely worth no more than $100-$150 in nice shape and working. If you plan to trade it for an arcade game later on, you'll have a very difficult time. Honestly, I don't think it's worth even bothering with.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok here are a few.

Pre 9/11 Spiderman 2 - PS1 - This has the orginal game content before it was stopped during production in order to change some levels after Sep 11. This version never hit the shelf. It is a disc only and has the same disc art as the regular release.

Sonic Adventure Limited Edition - Dreamcast - Mint but no instructions.

Robot Killer - Leisure Vision - Berzerk clone (I think) for a Canadian version of the Arcadia 2001

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briskbc
    $30-40ish. If you have the case that it came in (missing instructions) it would probably be worth another $10 or so. I have one that I have had up for sale for a little while on a different site for $40 disc only but I don't have any takers... yet.

The version with the box and instructions is worth quite a bit more, as the game saw VERY limited distribution with the box. The disc-only version is about five times more common than the 'complete' version.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    Quote Originally Posted by briskbc
    $30-40ish. If you have the case that it came in (missing instructions) it would probably be worth another $10 or so. I have one that I have had up for sale for a little while on a different site for $40 disc only but I don't have any takers... yet.

The version with the box and instructions is worth quite a bit more, as the game saw VERY limited distribution with the box. The disc-only version is about five times more common than the 'complete' version.
    Thanks Dan. I was thinking about $40 to $50 too. It does come with the case and back insert. It was the only game I listed where I had a general idea of value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is a mint Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 worth? I have someone bugging me for it, so I'm just curious.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dougman999's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's an oversized Breath of Fire II (GBA) display box worth? Madden shown for comparison.

[/img]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a coincidence. I've been offline for about two weeks due to personal problems; and also a major OS crash (Had to reformat and re-install.. we've all been there.). My personal problem is quickly developing into a "nightmare". Thank God I'm not in trouble with the law or had a "long lost" offspring come knocking at my door (nothing quite that serious); but having said that.. I'm coming to the realization that NOW is the time for me to unload my collection. I need cash to get on my feet and get a "home" of my own.. and soon (My current "plight" is explained in the thread Pico started a few weeks ago in the OT forum about people living with their parents.. for anyone interested.).

Last night before I dropped back in I was thinking about asking for your guys help but I couldn't figure out where to post exactly.. and then I see the sticky today.. weird.

I know the best way to make "top dollar" for my collection would be to split it up in various ways, and sell it on evilBay, but quite frankly, right now I'm afraid I have neither the time nor the ambition. So.. what I need to know is.. how much would.. or should.. I expect to get/ask for the entire lot on eB? My current count for games is at 765 and a list of them can be found at the bottom.. in my sig. I apologize for the crappy-assed IGN "new" format. Should one decide to look at it you'll be forced to wait awhile (on dial-up anyways) as all the frickin' box art loads up. IGN has not yet given owners/editors a way to lock-in options for public lists. I can get rid of the box art for myself.. but not others.. go figure. If you also click on the "show public notes" link you'll be able to see individual conditions; and notice that 95+% of these games are complete. No REAL "rares" or oddities.. but many of them are HTF or "popular" as in wanted.. and NO sports games.

It would be too lengthy to post them all in this thread so the link will have to do. One last thing.. out of ALL of these games.. I believe only one or two are GH versions (where applicable); and they are noted as such.

Systems.. here's my smaller list:

44 systems-

NES toaster (boxed)
    NES top loader

SMS 1
    SMS 2

SNES 1 (boxed)
    SNES Mini-2

Genesis 1
    Genesis 2
    Genesis 3

SegaCD 1
    SegaCD 2 X2 (1 semi-functional)

CDX
    Xeye

32X X2 (1 boxed)

SMS Cnvtr

TurboDuo (boxed)

PSX SCPH-1001 (boxed)
    PSX SCPH-55XX X2
    PSone w/LCD screen

3DO (Goldstar)
    3DO Panasonic FZ-1
    3DO Panasonic FZ-10

CD-i Philips 490
    CD-i Magnavox Flip-top w/VCD exp

Sega Saturn 1
    Sega Saturn 2 (modded)
    Wht JAP Saturn

N64 X2 (1 grey [boxed], 1 Polar [non-functional])

Jaguar base X2

Jaguar CD add-on (boxed)

Dreamcast

Gamecube
    GBA player

PS2 (orig. model, boxed)

Xbox (boxed)

Game Gear X2 (1 grey, 1 blue)

Lynx 2

Nomad

NeoGeo Pocket Color (boxed)

ALL systems come with their original hookups, cables and controllers. Some have two controllers (such as 2 dogbones for the TL NES).

I have official carrying cases for the Game Gear, Lynx, NGPC and CDX.

My peripherals are too many to list as well. I have memory cards for all the various systems that had them and NONE are 3rd party ones. All of my controllers are 1st party stuff. If a system has a remote (as in PS2 or Xbox) I have the genuine ones as well. Any system that had a mouse (as in SNES, GENS, CD-I, 3DO, PSX).. I have as well.. all 1st party ones. I have a Pocketstation. I have IR OR radio remote controllers for the systems that had them (NES, GENS, SNES, PSX, Saturn, GCN, PS2 and Xbox). In the case where there were 1st party ones (GENS and Saturn) they are.. where there weren't; they are most like Akklaim or DOCs controllers. I have a Wavebird for the GCN, two AirStyles for the PS2, and two Wideyes for the Xbox. Notable novelty controllers/joysticks of note are a PSX twin-analog joystick, a Saturn twinstick and of course.. the Steel Battalion controller for Xbox. Other things that come to mind are a DK64 Nintendo Power controller; a RE4 GCN chainsaw controller (unopened); a black (matches my GCN and GBA player) HORI controller (unopened) for the GBA player, a NubyTech Shadow the Hedgehog PS2 controller and a NubyTech Mega Man GCN controller (both new). A Drogon Quest VIII blue slime controller, unopened. I have guns for all systems that had them (including a 3DO gamegun and a black JAP Virtua Gun/Stunner for the Saturns). I EVEN have black & white Sony memory cards and digital controllers for the PSX (to match the PS2 and my PSOne.. of course!).

That's about all I can think of that's notable right now. I'm sure there's more that I haven't thought of (I have yet to make a comprehensive list; but I'm working on it).

I apologize for the long read guys.. but this is a serious inquiry. I certainly don't expect anyone to do all the leg work for me and add up individual prices either.. obviously. I need some serious ballpark estimates for what one thinks this lot would go for on evilBay. Should I have a reserve AND a BIN? for how much? I can't simply start a lot auction at 99 cents though.. because I have invested much money and time amassing all of this and can't risk taking that kind of chance. So I need good, solid, honest opinions. How much? and HOW.. to list it.

I know the IGN quote for value for the games is a bit much. When IGN changed their lists format about 6 months ago.. my value doubled overnight! While I thought $13,000 was a bit low.. I'm also certain $30,000 is a bit much. Please bear in mind though the "completeness" of most of them.

My heartfelt thanks go out to anyone who can help me out here.. but please no "I think you should sell it all to me for $500!" type posts. This is a serious situation for me.. regretable.. but inevitable. $2500 would get me out of debt; and I'm figuring that another $7500 to $10,000 would get me a fairly decent 26' to 30' used travel trailer and a pick-up to haul it with. Then I'd be free to get the fuck outta' Dodge and start a life of my own (Oh gawd.. how I NEED that). Anything else beyond that would be icing on the cake and maybe help me settle, or furnish the trailer (I need a nice TV). The time is now.. and I really need to do this.

ANY honest, qualified advice would be appreciated. I basically need to know if it's even "do-able".. or a pipe dream. Thanks all.

BTW.. you can sort the IGN game list, by platform, by clicking on the appropriate column heading.. makes things a little easier.

Almost forgot!.. strategy guides:

D&D-Warriors of the Eternal Sun (GENS)
    Lion King (all platforms)
    Breath of fire (SNES)
    Chrono Trigger (SNES)
    Secret of Evermore (SNES)
    Secret of Mana (SNES)
    Breath of Fire III (PSX)
    Critical Depth (PSX)
    Ghost in the Shell (PSX)
    Mega Man Legends (PSX)
    Treasures of the Deep (PSX)
    Vanguard Bandits (PSX-shrinkwrapped)
    Megaman X Command Mission (GCN & PS2)
    Battle Engine Aquila (PS2 & Xbox)
    Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    Front Mission 4 (PS2)
    Mobile Suit Gundam Zeonic Front (PS2)
    Star Ocean Till the End of Time (PS2)
    Xenosaga I (PS2)
    Xenosaga II (PS2-bonus boxed collecto's edtn)
    Zone of the Enders (PS2)

.. also have mint copies of the first 4 issues of Next Generation magazine

Harvest Moon Cow plush
    KK Slider Animal Crossing plush
    Pa Rappa-McDonalds JAP plush
    Earthworm Jim figurine (boxed)
    Magic Knight RayEarth Moko(?) battery-operated figurine

Entire set of unopened Taco Bell N64 toys with gift boxes

DK64 T-Shirt in shrinkwrapped plastic barrel

.. few other schwag items.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This Xbox cord shown HERE. Mine has Xbox printed on the top of it, so I know it is official. What is it exactly?

Also, how about the FF: Mystic Quest, Breath of Fire, and FFIII Ogopogo Examiner mini-magazines in average condition?

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was wondering what my National Semiconductor Adversary was going for these days.

It's plays fine and is in minty shape.

Here's a pic of one (not mine):

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the value of a Super 8 for the SNES? I'd like one if anyone has one.