Thread: Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Trading/Battling Topic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Trading/Battling Topic

Suprised to see no other topics for this game like this one, I havent played pokemon since the red/blue days like 10 years ago, but I am hooked on Diamond. I am into trading and battling whenever, I can breed any of the 3 starter pokemon as well as many many others. If any of you are looking for a specific trade, or just want to battle (voice chat is awsome too) just leave your friend code in here and see if anyone takes you up.

I am working on my team right now (breeding for nature is a bitch) but if anyone wants to battle me or trade my friend code is
    3093 3552 7326

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just started the other day, but would like to try the online battling system.

5111 9932 0296
    Tea is for terrorists-Leo Laporte

Klingons Invented Saran Wrap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started the other day as well, my friends code is 1461 2719 8146

also I am just wondering if anyone would help me out to trade a chimchar and trade back to add the chimchar to my pokedex, I would be willing to trade and than trade back, I am wanting to get all the starter pokemon but since I don't have Chimchar on my Pokedex I cannot try to get him using the trade system.
    Last edited by Lothars; 04-30-2007 at 01:13 AM.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I added both you Pdorr and Atari

Hope to play with you guys soon

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I may have to pick this one up next month along with a few other DS games I've been wanting.

I too haven't played a pokemon since the original red. I've been hearing this is the best one since then, any truth to that?

Also, as I'm rusty on the subject, what are the differences between the two versions, is it just the type of pokemon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got Pearl since most people seem to be getting Diamond, and I'm such a rebel. This is the first Pokemon game I've played, and I'm enjoying it except that people seem to be digging deeper into than I've been able. I've just arrived at Eterna City and am trying to find the hidden trainers, so maybe I've just not played enough yet, but what's with all the breeding talk? Is that something that comes up later? Do I need to get the strategy guide in order to know about a bunch of stuff?

Also, is there any point in keeping powers that affect stats (like growl and defensive curl)? It seems like they do nothing but waste a turn.

@slip81: The differences between the versions, according to the case, are between the type and frequency of some of the pokemon. If it's all the same to you, just get whichever one catches your eye.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's mine:

0988 8229 2237

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got Diamond and Pearl, but i'm taking it slow at the moment cause I have other games i'm playing.

I'll get around to posting my code eventually. After catching all the pokemon from ruby/sapphire/leaf/fire/colliseum and leveling about 50 of them to 100 and breeding and, oh man, I burned myself out a bit, but the new games are really cool.

I'm looking forward to the WII game also as it may make me buy one. Just hope there are more arenas and I kinda wish it wasn't so cartoony looking. The arenas in Gamecube Pokemon Colliseum were sweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am working on building up my competitive team, so far I have two definite pokemon I will be using, I wont say who they are incase I do some battling with some of you guys someday, but one of them will be sure to annoy the hell outa anyone I face.

Im working on getting up to the 8th gym right now, and after beating the elite 4 I will be serious about forming my competitive team and doing some seriosu training and breeding. I got 50 hours in this game already, time flys by fast.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have both versions, i've spent most of my time on pearl since more people tend to play diamond, I've beaten it and gotten most of the stuff in it legit (with a couple exceptions (arceus and darkrai) My diamond cart is only on the 2nd gym leader though.

Anyway my pearl friend code is: 0516 3757 4363

If any of you happen to play with me sometime and desire extremely rare "hacked" pokemon I can get them for you since i just bought an action replay yesterday for the ds. All of the legendaries that I have were caught legit (except for arceus and darkrai) but im not willing to part with those I dont mind using the codes though for someone to get them hacked versions of each one. They will not harm your save in anyway, I can capture them from just about any level range starting as low as level 2 and going as high as being able to catch em for you at 52.

Dont expect me to get you like 20 different pokemon though ;p I can go a few key ones you are looking for though (IE arceus, deoxys, mew or one of the other desirable ones)

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3 View Post
    I am working on building up my competitive team, so far I have two definite pokemon I will be using, I wont say who they are incase I do some battling with some of you guys someday, but one of them will be sure to annoy the hell outa anyone I face.

Im working on getting up to the 8th gym right now, and after beating the elite 4 I will be serious about forming my competitive team and doing some seriosu training and breeding. I got 50 hours in this game already, time flys by fast.

I pray to god one of your secret weapons isnt a wobbuffet ;p or however you spell it.

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Well I dont have the time to play like some of you but I'm about 6 hours into the game. I'll post my friend code laters.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

When does the online option open up?
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    When does the online option open up?
    I think it's after you get your first gym badge.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know that our GameStop is having a pokemon tournament today on sunday...anyone elses having one?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Default Friend Code

OK, here's my friend code:

3007 4733 3521

I'm not too far in the game, but am working on it. Lots of real-life stuff going on with me right now that keep me from either having the time or desire to really push through some of the levelgrinding. But once I get up there, I'll be able to make some nice trades for pokes imported from the GBA games - I have access to all of them (including the Colosseum ones and even a legitimate Jirachi).

I have added all of you except xmagxus - sorry, but I don't want to have anything to do with Pokemon from a hacked cartridge at this point. Maybe if all the events have come and gone and there's no option for getting those promo guys, but I can wait for the promos to happen, myself. I managed to get all the GBA ones, and it was actually kind of fun to figure out how (even had some helpful DPers who took my cartridges to the Space Center in Houston to get Deoxys). I'm going to try to do the same with DP.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Added everyone in this post

2dskilz
    1761 9160 0329

Just got my 8th badge about 65 hours play time. Hope to see some DPers on sometime.
    They call me Ha-do-ken, cause I'm down, right, fierce.

www.LANgaming.net
    www.RetroGoggles.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Note: there is a java-based chatroom on Serebii.net where you can meet people who want to battle & trade online, live. I haven't tried it yet (I'm barely past the first gym still), but if someone trades and wants to it out, let me know how it is.

http://www.serebii.net/chat-wifi.shtml
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I've also found that the GTS (Global Trading Station) is, besides being loads of fun, also really easy for obtaining the Pokemon you want or need. It's cool seeing the dots show up on the real-world globe for places that you've traded with (as long as the other person has registered their location - some of them haven't)...so far I have two places in Japan, one in China, and California lit up. It also saves loads of time - I just catch Pearl version-exclusives (Bonsly, Shieldon, etc.) and offer them up - even for relatively easy-to-catch guys - and I usually get a trade within six hours.

Besides, the more Trainer IDs I have, the better chance I'll have with the lottery at the TV station.

Fun!