Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Trading/Battling Topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Trading/Battling Topic

Suprised to see no other topics for this game like this one, I havent played pokemon since the red/blue days like 10 years ago, but I am hooked on Diamond. I am into trading and battling whenever, I can breed any of the 3 starter pokemon as well as many many others. If any of you are looking for a specific trade, or just want to battle (voice chat is awsome too) just leave your friend code in here and see if anyone takes you up.

I am working on my team right now (breeding for nature is a bitch) but if anyone wants to battle me or trade my friend code is
    3093 3552 7326

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just started the other day, but would like to try the online battling system.

5111 9932 0296
    Tea is for terrorists-Leo Laporte

Klingons Invented Saran Wrap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started the other day as well, my friends code is 1461 2719 8146

also I am just wondering if anyone would help me out to trade a chimchar and trade back to add the chimchar to my pokedex, I would be willing to trade and than trade back, I am wanting to get all the starter pokemon but since I don't have Chimchar on my Pokedex I cannot try to get him using the trade system.
    Last edited by Lothars; 04-30-2007 at 01:13 AM.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I added both you Pdorr and Atari

Hope to play with you guys soon

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I may have to pick this one up next month along with a few other DS games I've been wanting.

I too haven't played a pokemon since the original red. I've been hearing this is the best one since then, any truth to that?

Also, as I'm rusty on the subject, what are the differences between the two versions, is it just the type of pokemon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got Pearl since most people seem to be getting Diamond, and I'm such a rebel. This is the first Pokemon game I've played, and I'm enjoying it except that people seem to be digging deeper into than I've been able. I've just arrived at Eterna City and am trying to find the hidden trainers, so maybe I've just not played enough yet, but what's with all the breeding talk? Is that something that comes up later? Do I need to get the strategy guide in order to know about a bunch of stuff?

Also, is there any point in keeping powers that affect stats (like growl and defensive curl)? It seems like they do nothing but waste a turn.

@slip81: The differences between the versions, according to the case, are between the type and frequency of some of the pokemon. If it's all the same to you, just get whichever one catches your eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I havn't played a new Pokemon game since Crystal came out (Which is still my favorate).

I'll put up my freind code later.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Moves like Growl and Defensive Curl are not terribly useful as your Pokemon gains levels. However, there are some move combos (like Defensive Curl + Rollout) that maximize the damage output of a certain move, so in some cases Defensive Curl can be useful (but not Growl, Leer, etc.).

There are many, many strategies for using Pokemon. MANY. In fact, several of the most "worthless" Pokemon (i.e., Blissey) can be some of the most effective in battling vs. other players. I would highly recommend Metalkid's Pokemon program for planning a team, breeding, figuring out which moves your guys can learn, analyzing your team's weaknesses, etc.

http://www.metalkid.info/

His Diamond / Pearl info isn't complete yet, but his stuff on the other "generations" of Pokemon is simply spectacular.

I'm currently waiting to get internet access at my house (dumb cable company has already been out twice), but once I do, I'll be able to post my friend code. I have every single guy from the previous cartridges, but will obviously not trade a legit Deoxys, Celebi, Mew, etc. over the internet. But eventually I will be able to dole out at least some Jirachis.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, I'll take a look at that site and maybe even get around to posting my friend code.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's mine:

0988 8229 2237

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got Diamond and Pearl, but i'm taking it slow at the moment cause I have other games i'm playing.

I'll get around to posting my code eventually. After catching all the pokemon from ruby/sapphire/leaf/fire/colliseum and leveling about 50 of them to 100 and breeding and, oh man, I burned myself out a bit, but the new games are really cool.

I'm looking forward to the WII game also as it may make me buy one. Just hope there are more arenas and I kinda wish it wasn't so cartoony looking. The arenas in Gamecube Pokemon Colliseum were sweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am working on building up my competitive team, so far I have two definite pokemon I will be using, I wont say who they are incase I do some battling with some of you guys someday, but one of them will be sure to annoy the hell outa anyone I face.

Im working on getting up to the 8th gym right now, and after beating the elite 4 I will be serious about forming my competitive team and doing some seriosu training and breeding. I got 50 hours in this game already, time flys by fast.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have both versions, i've spent most of my time on pearl since more people tend to play diamond, I've beaten it and gotten most of the stuff in it legit (with a couple exceptions (arceus and darkrai) My diamond cart is only on the 2nd gym leader though.

Anyway my pearl friend code is: 0516 3757 4363

If any of you happen to play with me sometime and desire extremely rare "hacked" pokemon I can get them for you since i just bought an action replay yesterday for the ds. All of the legendaries that I have were caught legit (except for arceus and darkrai) but im not willing to part with those I dont mind using the codes though for someone to get them hacked versions of each one. They will not harm your save in anyway, I can capture them from just about any level range starting as low as level 2 and going as high as being able to catch em for you at 52.

Dont expect me to get you like 20 different pokemon though ;p I can go a few key ones you are looking for though (IE arceus, deoxys, mew or one of the other desirable ones)

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3 View Post
    I am working on building up my competitive team, so far I have two definite pokemon I will be using, I wont say who they are incase I do some battling with some of you guys someday, but one of them will be sure to annoy the hell outa anyone I face.

Im working on getting up to the 8th gym right now, and after beating the elite 4 I will be serious about forming my competitive team and doing some seriosu training and breeding. I got 50 hours in this game already, time flys by fast.

I pray to god one of your secret weapons isnt a wobbuffet ;p or however you spell it.

(old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Well I dont have the time to play like some of you but I'm about 6 hours into the game. I'll post my friend code laters.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added everyone in the thread that posted their codes so far (mine is a few posts up)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um ......wouldnt "hacked pokemon" be easy to get rather than rare?
    Every dumbass Ive ever known who plays pokemon cheats to get all the creatures. Am I the only one with any desire to beat these games legitimately?

I worry about trading pokemon with people online, as I dont want a cheater pokemon corrupting my Pearl Game.
    Vectors, pixels & polygons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive played at least one version of every pokemon game to the the end or at least near completion since Blue.

Certain moves may not seem that usefull early on like say, growl or leer.Most of the game your unevely matched with your pokemon much stronger than your competition.
    But battling against another person who is evenly matched with you is a whole different ballgame. Strategy is very important, and offen trumps sheer might or power.
    Its funny how quicly a battle can turn around when you have been
    Sand Attacked a couple of times in a row. One thing not offen experienced in the games themselves are LONG drawn out battles. Stat altering attacks Attraction,and especially accurassy can turn a battle around or trump you alot of the time. ...sorry about my spelling...
    Last edited by Truffle; 05-02-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    Um ......wouldnt "hacked pokemon" be easy to get rather than rare?
    Every dumbass Ive ever known who plays pokemon cheats to get all the creatures. Am I the only one with any desire to beat these games legitimately?

I worry about trading pokemon with people online, as I dont want a cheater pokemon corrupting my Pearl Game.

All several hundred of my pokemon in pearl were caught TOTALLY legit with dusk balls mainly with the exception of the event pokemon which I used an action replay to UNLOCK the event for me and thus they are totally legit in the regards that i did the "quest" and fought them at their special location I just used a code to unlock the event on my DS - that's not cheating I'm not going halfway across the country just to get pokemon that are only available in limited amounts of major cities and such. IE My arceus actually was caught in spear pillar at level 80, t he only part of him that is hacked is the actual flute / event trigger itself, as far as the game is concerned he is exactly the same as if someone does the event in japan.

I am merely offering to give people hacked pokemon because I do have access to the codes and honestly if I give them a hacked pokemon it at least shows up in their pokedex so that they may either use it to breed a legit one with a ditto, or even look for a potentially legit version of the pokemon on the world trading area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder how many legitimate "Special Event" pokemon were given out at each event in total? I stood in line at Toys R Us and downloaded Mew. It was cool, but there was no one there. Mabey 20 people in line, and I was the oldest! (20)