Insert Coin (Level 0) starfox316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Finds

No pictures yet but.....

Chavez II (snes)- 14.99
    Finally!!! A rare game for my snes collection!

Exertainment/ Mountain Bike Rally (snes)- 5.99
    The r6 copy, not the rarer of the two. sux as a game

NES System w/ 6 games- 30.00
    came with two controllers and zapper as well as...
    Kirby's adventure (nes)
    Castlevania (nes)
    Castlevania III Dracula's Curse (nes)
    Breakthru (nes)
    Dr. Mario (nes)
    Tiny Toon Adventures (nes)
    Great great deal, complete freak accident while thrifting, I wish more of my hunts were this successful.

NES Super Controller- 1.99
    Controller attachment which snaps on to let you play with a joystick instead of a d-pad, interesting. Looks cheap as hell, I'm surprised that it's lasted as long as it has!

Breath of Fire (snes) 19.99
    I know, I know, the price hurts but it was the nicest looking BOF I've seen.

Super Mario All Stars (snes) 9.99
    a solid cart, awesome nes mario action right at my greasy little snes finger-tips

The month is young so I'll be back hopefully with some more finds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Although it was yesterday, I'll post it in this topic.

Tomba PS1 - $17.99 + Tax
    Marc Ecko's Getting Up Limited Edition - $11.79 + Tax
    Blazing Dragons - 13.49 + Tax

However, I should be getting Wild Arms Alter Code F sometime this week so I'll go ahead and add that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Caesars Palace $2
    Circuit Breakers $2
    Crash 2 $2
    Forsaken $2
    Gran Turismo $2
    Knockout Kings $2
    Megaman 5 Battle Network Team Protoman (Sealed) $4.99
    Resident Evil Director's Cut $3
    Rogue Trip $2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    Make me jealous
    Sure thing!

Went out to the local flea market as usual when I have Tuesday off or don't work until the evening (as today). One of the random junk dealers had far less crap than he usually does, but it's always just total garbage anyway. Years ago he'd occasionally have something decent, but not lately. Off in the corner of his lot I came across something one doesn't see all that often...

What's that, you ask? It's a Multi-Game Hunter, a backup device. Now what's different about this backup device in the crowds of Super Wildcard's and SF Game Doctors is that it works with both the Super Nintendo and the Sega Genesis. It came with the passthrough boards for the SNES and Genesis as well as the Genesis cartridge deal which I believe allows Sega Master System ROMs to be played if I remember correctly - it's been a long time since I've dabbled in backup devices. It also came in the original box with styrofoam insert but sadly both have some heavy dirt and moisture saturation and had to be tossed. No power adapter but it works with a Genesis 1 / SMS adapter no problem.

I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't like if your Genesis is connected to a SegaCD. As my "Genesis" is a JVC X'Eye I didn't bother trying it out for Genesis games. I have a Genesis 1 out in the shop that I'll be modding soon so after that's taken care of I'll check out the Genesis backup stuff. I did, however, set it up with my SNESII. Grabbed a game at random - Lagoon. (I know I know, I actually like it, no matter how frustrating it may be) Popped it in the SNES slot, plugged the SMS power supply into the back - light came on red showing it's getting power. Flipped the SNES power switch, light turns green, and the MGH sprang to life. Put a blank floppy in the drive, selected format, and amazingly the disk began to be formatted. I say amazingly because this stuff never works when I find it, that and I dropped the whole thing as I was leaving the flea market.

Format done, time to copy. I copied the cartridge to floppy disk which was insanely simple, the well laid out onscreen menus make it a breeze. After the copying was complete I shut the system off and replaced Lagoon with another game - a game is always required for these to run, I believe it uses the standard chips inside to get around lockouts and to shift the MGH into the proper display frequency. When the menu came up I loaded the Lagoon backup from the floppy and was greeted with the Kemco logo a few seconds later. Out of curiosity I copied the Lagoon backup onto my computer and tried to load it with ZSnes - no problem at all. Don't tell me this thing supports bi-directional native formats. I don't have much time to mess around with it right now but I may sit down on Friday (when I'll have some time) and explore its features further.

I need to find a spare Genesis 1 / SMS power adapter as the one I used to test the Multi-Game Hunter was out of my boxed complete SMS, which is packed away once again. Oh, and what really kicks ass, the whole thing was $5. I probably could have gotten him down to $2 or so but I was just glad it was still there as I stupidly passed it up the first time until my lapse of judgement was overcome. Dunno what the hell I was thinking.

Also a couple other finds. Seller here was making different prices based upon game title, although they were all in a mash. Ended up saying $8 for two, which is kinda high but one of the games I'd been looking for. I got him to take $10 for three, which is a great deal. I love talking people out of stuff like this.

NES - The Blue Marlin
    NES - Metroid
    NES - Super Mario Bros. 2

Been looking for a copy of The Blue Marlin for awhile and amazingly I had yet to have a copy of Metroid. As for Super Mario Bros. 2 I'd been trying to get a copy for my girlfriend for almost a year now. When I do come across them the sellers usually want $10 - $15 for beat up carts. Now, since it's for her, I wouldn't have been opposed to $10, but every time I come across one it has something suspicious wrong with it. Don't need to worry about that any more though.

Also picked up a Genesis 2 power adapter for $1, pulled away from a beat to hell Sega Pico that I left in a junk pile. In addition I grabbed a GameBoy Advance SP power adapter / charger for $1. Never hurts to have parts.

Alright guys, now time to make me jealous.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 05-01-2007 at 03:48 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got Saiyuki: Journey West and Ultimate Card Games from the Gamestop nearby. I have officially cleared out ALL their good games now. There's still the six or seven copies of Persona 2 they have for sale, but I'll leave those alone... for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Cyclon and Ape Escape for Vic20, both complete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Already starting off nicely...

PC:
    Total Annihilation ($2) Sealed
    Outpost 2 - Divided Destiny ($1) Sealed
    Leonard Nimoy's Primortals CD-ROM ($1) Sealed

PS:
    Diablo (C - $1) Now I have a second copy.

I picked up a few complete PC games the other day so they're just flowing into stores or something. Anyone know about this Nimoy PC/MAC interactive comic book? I'm not finding much information about it out there, is it even complete?
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Already starting off nicely...
    I picked up a few complete PC games the other day so they're just flowing into stores or something. Anyone know about this Nimoy PC/MAC interactive comic book? I'm not finding much information about it out there, is it even complete?
    Yes, it's complete. The only thing it's got for it is an interview with Nimoy... and that's it. It's basically a comic book slideshow of the first issue of Primortals.

*steals your DeeAhBlow*
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Picked up Silent Hill (non greatest hits)
    and some cart holders.

Total- one dollar.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kicked off the month with some good NES finds this evening:

Vice: Project Doom (complete) - $3.50
    The Battle Of Olympus (boxed) - $3.50
    Solar Jetman (loose) - $1.50

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Sure thing!

Went out to the local flea market as usual when I have Tuesday off or don't work until the evening (as today). One of the random junk dealers had far less crap than he usually does, but it's always just total garbage anyway. Years ago he'd occasionally have something decent, but not lately. Off in the corner of his lot I came across something one doesn't see all that often...

What's that, you ask? It's a Multi-Game Hunter, a backup device. Now what's different about this backup device in the crowds of Super Wildcard's and SF Game Doctors is that it works with both the Super Nintendo and the Sega Genesis. It came with the passthrough boards for the SNES and Genesis as well as the Genesis cartridge deal which I believe allows Sega Master System ROMs to be played if I remember correctly - it's been a long time since I've dabbled in backup devices. It also came in the original box with styrofoam insert but sadly both have some heavy dirt and moisture saturation and had to be tossed. No power adapter but it works with a Genesis 1 / SMS adapter no problem.

I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't like if your Genesis is connected to a SegaCD. As my "Genesis" is a JVC X'Eye I didn't bother trying it out for Genesis games. I have a Genesis 1 out in the shop that I'll be modding soon so after that's taken care of I'll check out the Genesis backup stuff. I did, however, set it up with my SNESII. Grabbed a game at random - Lagoon. (I know I know, I actually like it, no matter how frustrating it may be) Popped it in the SNES slot, plugged the SMS power supply into the back - light came on red showing it's getting power. Flipped the SNES power switch, light turns green, and the MGH sprang to life. Put a blank floppy in the drive, selected format, and amazingly the disk began to be formatted. I say amazingly because this stuff never works when I find it, that and I dropped the whole thing as I was leaving the flea market.

Format done, time to copy. I copied the cartridge to floppy disk which was insanely simple, the well laid out onscreen menus make it a breeze. After the copying was complete I shut the system off and replaced Lagoon with another game - a game is always required for these to run, I believe it uses the standard chips inside to get around lockouts and to shift the MGH into the proper display frequency. When the menu came up I loaded the Lagoon backup from the floppy and was greeted with the Kemco logo a few seconds later. Out of curiosity I copied the Lagoon backup onto my computer and tried to load it with ZSnes - no problem at all. Don't tell me this thing supports bi-directional native formats. I don't have much time to mess around with it right now but I may sit down on Friday (when I'll have some time) and explore its features further.

I need to find a spare Genesis 1 / SMS power adapter as the one I used to test the Multi-Game Hunter was out of my boxed complete SMS, which is packed away once again. Oh, and what really kicks ass, the whole thing was $5. I probably could have gotten him down to $2 or so but I was just glad it was still there as I stupidly passed it up the first time until my lapse of judgement was overcome. Dunno what the hell I was thinking.

Also a couple other finds. Seller here was making different prices based upon game title, although they were all in a mash. Ended up saying $8 for two, which is kinda high but one of the games I'd been looking for. I got him to take $10 for three, which is a great deal. I love talking people out of stuff like this.

NES - The Blue Marlin
    NES - Metroid
    NES - Super Mario Bros. 2

Been looking for a copy of The Blue Marlin for awhile and amazingly I had yet to have a copy of Metroid. As for Super Mario Bros. 2 I'd been trying to get a copy for my girlfriend for almost a year now. When I do come across them the sellers usually want $10 - $15 for beat up carts. Now, since it's for her, I wouldn't have been opposed to $10, but every time I come across one it has something suspicious wrong with it. Don't need to worry about that any more though.

Also picked up a Genesis 2 power adapter for $1, pulled away from a beat to hell Sega Pico that I left in a junk pile. In addition I grabbed a GameBoy Advance SP power adapter / charger for $1. Never hurts to have parts.

Alright guys, now time to make me jealous.
    Wow, Good find David..was it at the San Jose Flea Market

Can you use the SNES roms from the Net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    Wow, Good find David..was it at the San Jose Flea Market

Can you use the SNES roms from the Net
    No, I'm currently exiled to the central valley but will be returing to Silicon Valley this summer - was at a flea market here. I'm not sure about using ROM dumps from the 'net directly. I know that uCON should be able to bridge any incompatibilities as it was designed around the MGH architecture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While at work yesterday, I found a SNES model 2 system. I was taking some trash to the dumpster behind the store and spotted it lying in some high grass. There was also an AV cable and two controllers, but alas no power adapter. It’s a bit dirty, but nothing that shouldn’t clean right up. As soon as get some free time this weekend I’ll scrub that bad boy up and test it out! I felt giddy the whole rest of the day.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    Picked up Silent Hill (non greatest hits)
    and some cart holders.

Total- one dollar.
    Good job on the Silent Hill....

I found the following yesterday...

Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (PSX)
    Gundam Battle Assault (PSX)

I also got these in the mail yesterday...

Threads of Fate (PSX)
    Fighting Force (PSX)
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went thrift shopping this past week, sadly no games but I did come across a Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies book from 1989 for $2, a nifty artifact. I especially enjoy reading the article about the license battle between Nintendo and Tengen in the book as they were in court at the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Pawn shop finds, total was 10 bucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Pawn shop finds, total was 10 bucks.
    GODDAMNIT! I hate you. ;_;

Edit:
    All I found today was a CD with Doom, Final Doom and Doom II. And a PS2 controller extension cable for two bucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    GODDAMNIT! I hate you. ;_;

Edit:
    All I found today was a CD with Doom, Final Doom and Doom II. And a PS2 controller extension cable for two bucks.
    Dude, I almost shit a brick when I saw those this morning. But I can't find a copy of persona 2 or rhapsody to save my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Dude, I almost shit a brick when I saw those this morning. But I can't find a copy of persona 2 or rhapsody to save my life.
    Are you freaking kidding me?

The local stores have copies of that out the wazoo!

Let's talk via PMs...