Thread: Searching Auctions by Bidder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Searching Auctions by Bidder

Has the ability to search for items being bid on by a user been removed? I know that you used to be able to do this but it seems that all you can do now is search for completed auctions that a person bid on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Has the ability to search for items being bid on by a user been removed? I know that you used to be able to do this but it seems that all you can do now is search for completed auctions that a person bid on.
    It has.. but it seems to be a sporadic thing at the disgression of eBay. Sometimes I can still see ongoing auctions by bidder.. but only if it's a "small ticket" item. As soon as an auction is deemed worthy (I think it has to do again.. with $ amount) to be one of those "bidder1,bidder2, semi-anonymous ones" it drops off a bidders history by search.

Having said that.. I HAVE tried lately to see what some bidders are bidding on.. and had absolutely nothing come up. Which means.. I can't use one of my favorite "dirty tactics" anymore. It's been like this a long time now for European bidders due to their "privacy laws" (as eB gives an excuse). I thought it was unfair that eB gave more import to European bidders than us.. so I guess their final relenting and extending the coverage to US members is a good thing.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Also, you can't see what people bid on. That is, if the items are already over, you can't see what they were bidding on before.

This really sucks because I use this to see if someone is bidding on many items in hopes they'll win one. Like the guy that won FF7+8 PC from me... and apparently won three or four other copies. o_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is very annoying, but there is a workaround. I have ebay Bidder History bookmarks from years ago that uses now-unused code, but it still functions. Like this for example (not me, for the record):

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.d...3&all=1&rows=0

If you change the username in the URL (in this case, "mrkeysh") to the one you want to search for, you can see the complete bidding history. Until ebay removes this workaround, this should always work. This is what I use now, since ebay no longer gives you the full results from standard methods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    This is very annoying, but there is a workaround. I have ebay Bidder History bookmarks from years ago that uses now-unused code, but it still functions. Like this for example (not me, for the record):

If you change the username in the URL (in this case, "mrkeysh") to the one you want to search for, you can see the complete bidding history. Until ebay removes this workaround, this should always work. This is what I use now, since ebay no longer gives you the full results from standard methods.
    Awesome! Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post

Thanks a bunch for posting that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, thanks a lot.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is probably just a temporary glitch, but at the moment searches by bidder are showing up unfinished items .. make the most of it
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous