Thread: Games you have trouble finding in good condition?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Games you have trouble finding in good condition?

I haven't seen this exact thread done before, unless I was using the wrong key words.

This would pertain primarily towards disc-based games that you buy used, though cartridge games can be listed. I'll start with my example.

Since finally acquring a PS2 in February with my tax return, I've spent some of my time acquiring a few of my favorites from my Gamecube and XBox libraries. See, if the games are cheap enough, then I'm open to buying them for more than one system. Here it is, around two and a half months later and I'm still looking for good condition copies of NBA 2K2 and NFL 2K2. The problem isn't finding them, nor is it the price. Those two PS2 games are everywhere and always for $1-3. I've come across at least 6 copies of NFL 2K2 and at least 7 copies of NBA 2K2. The trouble is finding discs of those games that aren't all beat up and I've tried close to a dozen places around here that would sell PS2 games. Seeing that shipping would cost more than the games if I bought them online, I prefer to find them locally. As of now, I've had terrible luck and it baffles me given that those two are pretty common games and in low demand.

Here lies the question I'm asking with the thread.

What games do you have a great deal of difficulty finding in good, working condition?

Just a few very loose ground rules:

1. Games that people can actually find from time to time, not really looking for the R7's (or higher) of the world. It can be a pretty common title, like the two I talked about above. It's just a matter of whether or not you can actually find a copy that is in good condition. For example, someone might write "I've found Twisted Metal II on PS1 in a pawn shop or thrift store 5 or 6 times in the past year and it is always damaged or scratched up."

2. I'm not really basing this on the condition of the case or the manual, or if the manual is even there. It also doesn't matter if the box is intact, if you're talking about cart games. I'm primarily speaking of the actual GAME itself. A disc game you find from time to time that is ALWAYS scratched up when you see it or maybe a cartridge game that never loads, no matter how often you find it. Perhaps you look for a specific game but can never find a copy with a working save battery, such as an RPG or sports title. (I have the same problem with NHL 95 on the Genesis, I've went through 8 copies in the past 12 months and none of them saved).

Obviously, it is more useful if you have failed to find said game at least 2-3 times on account of the issues mentioned above or if you have been trying to find it for the past several months (or few) and keep on coming up empty. Then again, it could be a game you already own but keep on finding out in the wild in bad shape, whether or not you intended to get it again.

So what games in your area have been suffering the most abuse from their former owners? Any era of gaming is suitable though I'm most interested in hearing of the disc-based games myself.
    Last edited by bangtango; 05-01-2007 at 09:51 PM.