Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Default Shark? Shark!

I know its coming. I can feel it in my bones. Then the music hits, it's unmistakable. My hands start to sweat, it’s getting closer. I barely survived the last time it showed up what am I going to do now. I see my chance so I move it. NIP, got it once. NIP, once more, I just need to get it one more time to finally kill that damn shark. Closer and closer I swim. I only need to bite it once more. Now I strike. WHAT that’s not fair he turned at the last second, how was I supposed to know he would do that. Oh well its only one life I’ve still got sixty plus. I’m still in the zone.

This game was my first introduction to the world of video games, and beating other people at them. Sure I was the youngest in the family, probably around six at the time. Of course my older brother should have been able to beat me but he was never fast enough to get away. It has been almost twenty years since that time of sitting down to play one game of Shark! Shark! and not moving for the rest of the afternoon, but I still remember. I remember the sound of the shark entering the screen I remember analyzing whether or not the fish coming towards me is bigger or smaller than I am.

Everyone has that one game that touches them and stays with them, for me it is Shark! Shark! Perhaps it had to do with me always being the smallest and youngest so I was able to relate to the small fish franticly fleeing from the bigger ones only to have to take on the biggest of them all. Or maybe it’s that I felt that my brother was the shark and this was finally my way of extracting some revenge on him. Others might say that I may even have been a fish in a past life and I solely enjoyed reliving what I once was. Me on the other hand, I think I just liked the other of eating other things and getting a high score no one in my family could come close to beating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

The Shark! Shark! game over music still makes me smile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I don't know if this is frowned upon in here or not but I'm pushing mine back it the top with hopes of comments: good, bad or indifferent.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shark! Shark! is one of those Intellivision games that made me realize just how much great gaming I missed when I was younger. I never had an Inty when it first came out (was a 2600 then 5200 man), and stayed away from it even when I first started getting back into my old systems. But games like this made me realize that I was being closed minded about alot of the late 70's early 80's systems. Just the fact that Shark! Shark! was released for the Xbox 360 (Feeding Frenzy) tells you how classic a game this is....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by rxd View Post
    Shark! Shark! is one of those Intellivision games that made me realize just how much great gaming I missed when I was younger. I never had an Inty when it first came out (was a 2600 then 5200 man), and stayed away from it even when I first started getting back into my old systems. But games like this made me realize that I was being closed minded about alot of the late 70's early 80's systems. Just the fact that Shark! Shark! was released for the Xbox 360 (Feeding Frenzy) tells you how classic a game this is....
    I really miss these totally original games from this era and the NES. For the most part companies will only bring out games that have a proven track record and aren't will to take the chance, and when you look at the cost of development I can't really blame them.

I've played FF for the computer and for my personal taste it seemed too fancy and I wished that they had kept it a bit simpler, but then I also wrote about Shark! Shark! for a lore contest so maybe I'm a bit biased.