Thread: Promo Discs Etc / Store Employees

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Promo Discs Etc / Store Employees

So i am to young to drive ok and all the game stores are far away from my house my parents dont trust online buying and wont budge on that topic [ i cant convince them! dont try telling me i can because i cant]
    so i go to my local gamestop or gamecrazy and i ask ' hi i collect video game memorebillia and i was wondering if you had any pamphlets demos or promo items i could have' now once in a blue moon i will get maybe at best a psp demo that i already have a bjillion of. sometimes the employee says ' uhh no we dont got any' when last week or so i saw their promo draw with promo items stuffed to the brim. now how do i get more promo items? i hate using my once a week trip out to the city only to find some lazy ass employee sitting on his arse not looking at me or giving two shits about what i say.

ps. is there anywhere on the neti can sign up for and get free promo stuff like leaflets demos toys stickers etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good question. I've always wondered this too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol...

Most promos are given out as preorder bonus'... I honestly don't know what to tell you... how old are you by the way? 92 = 1992? If so you should be 16ish right? Get a job if you can and start makign $$$ so you won't have to worry about things! Trust me it's easier to work while in high school than it is to work while in college... ;P
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

The employees are not lazy by not giving you anything. The goodies are for people who preorder games and help their numbers (and the store's numbers).

If you became a regular customer, they would hook you up.

If you're 16, stop complaining and get a job. I have been working since I was 15 and there are people who start even younger than that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have to look at it from the employees point of view. As an ex gamestop employee I can tell you are not the first customer to come in that store and ask for free stuff. Infact you are porbably the 50th person that day that has asked for stuff and gives nothing in return. As stated earlier the purpose of the free promotional stuff is to guarantee sales for that store by offering the items to people that preorder games.

Also if you are infact 16, I say you get a job at a local gamestore so you can not only make money, but also take home a bunch of cool collectibles in the process without having to preorder anything
    "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega." - Brodie Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

As an economics professor taught me in college...There is no such thing as a free lunch. I worked at a game store chain for over two years. I heard people every day asking for free stuff. The ones who got some of the cool swag were the ones who were loyal customers. Game stores pay like crap, the goodies are the perks of the job.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Your topic needs to include free asprin please. Give plenty to passing viewers and it'll help out greatly.

Learn the names of these lazy people. Dont just go in asking for any free stuff. Wait untill they are ringing you up before you start hitting them up for free stuff. Give them the impresion that your actualy thinking about what games you want to buy by looking around at the various games and asking them questions about their personal prefrence before you jump them for free stuff. If you buy at the same place for months at a time, they'll eventualy learn your buying habits, learn your average spending limits, and maybe eventualy learn your name as well as what freebies they dont mind throwing your way. You can try saving some money up and getting a pre-paid visa CC card of your own so you dont have to use your mommy and daddy's bank account to buy stuff online as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have multiple gamestops in your area you can do what I did for my castlevania por preorder bonus. I knew one gamestop had extras of the bonus so I offered to buy the game to get the preorder bonus even though I already had the game. On the way home I stopped by the other gamestop and returned the game and kept the preorder bonus. Later on about a week or so later I was talking with a gamestop employee about castlevania por and they asked if I had the preorder bonus. Obviously I said, "no but I heard it was amazing" and then they went ahead and gave me another one. Eventually you will learn to play the game and get some freebies.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

I only ask for the freebies when I am buying something and then I always offer to buy them. Works everytime. Some employees even ring up a pre-order then give me the stuff and then give me a refund right away. I dont think its a good idea to buy nothing and ask for freebies.