Thread: is it just me? or is twilight princess.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation is it just me? or is twilight princess.....

too un-zelda? it has it's moments.... like watching the sun rise etc. and actually it dose grow on you. midna is cool but the wolf has to go! imo. okay it has a darker realistic feel but something is lost. well we know one thing zelda lost after oot is the hand of miyamoto san. okay, maybe I should finish the game before casting cridicism. but I am at the 9th dungeon and I only faced a few stalfos, the attacking floor tiles were way too few and my beloved moblin has been replaced with a weak monster riding a bore?!

just a few days ago I started wind waker again. and I can't peel myself away from it to finish twilight princess. WW has aged wondewrfully. I forgot just how animated and beautiful and how miyamotoish this game feels. yes, this game feels like miyamoto was considerably involved in the direction. even if he was only overseeing the project. a while back early in ww dev or in concept stage, miyamoto implied that for the next zelda he wanted to do something differenct. we wanted to do a zelda that goes back ot it's roots he said. and he did just that with ww.

this game feels the the original legend of zelda in 3d. ...well except for the the open seas exploration. we get classic great ferries fountains, a healthy supply of retro and new baddies including the super cool updated moblin, a return of juban, and trifoce shard collecting the dungeons were a little on the small side and nintendo scrapped the ice and fire dugeons to meet ship date.

just a thought........ would it not be cool if in ww you could explore not only the seas but also hyrule field below the ocean? ! warping to to the castle and walking out to the castle gate and seeing hyrule field all cell-shaded out just makes me wish there was a way to beak through the barrier. hehe. damn!

just my 2 cents

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reading that post made my brain hurt.

Instead of replying directly to any of it I'll just say that I thought TP was executed pretty damn well for a Zelda game. It did feel like it was all over the place though, at times. Like you were getting the quickie tour of the Zelda multiverse. But everyone wanted a realistic Zelda, and this is that.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I do hope you see the humor in my post, but anything other than, "pretty much the best zelda ever" as an answer to your question posed in your subject is wrong. I loved wind waker minus the stupid tri-force hunt at the end... that one part of the game stops me from going back a third time... but TP, which I beat for a second time a little less than a week ago was pure gaming bliss.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry you feel that way, you are really missing out. At least you played it though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played TP so I shouldn't judge it, but that werewolfed thing looks pretty corny.

If I had a Jynx think of the things we can do together. She also kisses alot.
    Not to mention her breast plates is obviously hiding something nice
    The of Jynx as a XXX doll pokemon. -Rugal Sizzler

┏┫∵┣┛My Collection┏┫∵┣┛

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My only complaint about TP was that the first 30 minutes of the game were extremely slow and boring. I thought that the wolf transformation was great and gave the game a nice unique feel.

First I hear that this game is too much like OoT and now it doesn't even feel like a Zelda game. I admit that I was one of those suckers who bought a Wii just so I could play this game a month earlier than on the cube. After my 4th time through I still love this game and can't believe that this game is a gamecube game. It has so much polich and feels like a next gen game to me. Yeah, the graphics aren't 1080p but they still look beautiful to me. Four years down the road, we are in for a real treat when the release a Zelda that can really tap into the power of the Wii even if it is just two gamecubes duct taped together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must agree that the Wolf parts of the game do get old fast; maybe it's just because gathering those tears from all of the bugs seemed a little tedious, but I just felt that it wasn't executed that well. As for the rest of the game and the game overall, I really did enjoy it. Though it did have a bit more edge to it than most Zelda games and wasn't as light hearted in parts as Wind Waker sometimes is, it really did feel like a solid entry to the Zelda series to me. I did enjoy Wind Waker (except the Triforce gathering) and that game does hold a special place in my heart. As I said above, Wind Waker was light hearted in a sense yet really grabbed me and pulled me in; Twilight Princess grabbed me because it had an edge to it that I hadn't really felt since Ocarina of Time when you wake up and find that Hyrule has been taken over. I know it's all opinion and I do see what you mean (especially with the wolf), but to me it does still feel like a Zelda game...just a little more darker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I felt this way at first, but once the game felt more "open", the feeling eventually went away and now I enjoy the hell out of the game. I really should go back to it, but I started playing POP:TTT again and I'm determined to finish it.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goemon View Post
    I haven't played TP so I shouldn't judge it, but that werewolfed thing looks pretty corny.
    I wonder if the Zelda team was inspired by Clover's Okami? Maybe not as it was about 3 years in dev. Room for a possibility though.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    I wonder if the Zelda team was inspired by Clover's Okami? Maybe not as it was about 3 years in dev. Room for a possibility though.
    More likely the other way around, if there's any connection at all. Personally, I enjoyed the wolf sections quite a bit!

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Funny, I saw Wind Waker's ocean wrapped world as a bit dystopian despite the cheery presentation. It was quite clear that a few prominent species had become extinct and old traditions were forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    I did enjoy Wind Waker (except the Triforce gathering)
    No one liked gathering the Triforce pieces...
    But anyway, I am not through with the game, but I actually wish it was MORE like OOT. OOT is an amazing game, one of my favorites. Don't get me wrong, TP is awesome, but it barely holds a candle to OOT. I also think that LTTP was better, but whatever. TP seemed a lot like a Zelda game, I love it...
    Lurking since '05

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I beat the game a few months ago, and while it does have it's shortcomings (the bug hunts were just as bad as the Tri-force hunt), I think it's an great entry into the series. Then again, I think they would have to try very hard (or be Phillips) to make a "bad" Zelda game. I think the biggest problem the Zelda series has is that everyone expects every installment to be perfect, and if there's even the slightest flaw, they get disappointed.

Considering that we've been getting hints from Nintendo that TP was the last "traditional" Zelda game, I see Twilight Princess as what it is... a love letter from Nintendo to Zelda fans, one last look at Zelda before it truely goes on to the next generation.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That game made me fall asleep a few times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Twilight Princess is a more interesting game than Ocarina of Time.

Twilight Princess is a less interesting game than Majora's Mask or Wind Waker.

Twilight Princess felt to me like a more streamlined take on the OoT formula. Even though the game was notably longer, it never lost momentum once it built it up (which would be a few hours in), and apart from those first few hours it is a masterpiece of scenario design and pacing. Ocarina, on the other hand, is all over the board, and suffers for it.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those first hours do grate though. I got to the first dungeon about a month ago and haven't picked it up since (the beginning was that taxing). I'm gonna give a fair shake though. Maybe after I finish Super Paper Mario.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm only midaway through TP, but it's already clearly the best 3D Zelda ever. The world actually feels like a real place, and the characters actually have some substance to them. Not only that, but every aspect of the gameplay mechanics has been refined and improved. The combat and horse riding are especially polished. I really like interacting with the animals as well. The only real complaint that I have, aside from the wolf thing being somewhat out of place in the Zelda universe, is that the warp points are obtained way too early in the game, and really just detract from the exploration, which is my favorite aspect of the game.

WW, on the other hand, just felt stifling and tedious from start to finish. Treasure hunting, exploration, naval combat, and sidequests are just repetitive and boring. You're in and around water most of the time, but can't swim or fish. The cannon can't L-target, even though the camera angle makes manual aiming difficult. The dungeons are good, even great, but there are only half as many as there should be. The characters are hollow and too many of them are just cookie-cutter copies of one another, especially the fish and deku leaves. I still think WW is a good game, but it fell short of my expectations in way too many categories for me to consider it a great game. I really do like WW's art direction and music, though, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Phantom Hourglass to be a fantastic game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi im a zelda fan right from the off i brought the org nes cart for 40.00 back in the day, then i was hooked. after the snes came out my friend brought from hong kong the new zelda for his superfamicom, i could not belive it what a game. so i brought that soon as it hit the shelfs

then i got the n64 zeldas gamecube ect.

but to answer your question about the new one, i completed that awhile ago the game itself has changed and its more hands on kick ass ect. not as puzzling as the other zeldas, and i felt the challenge was easyer.

but all series have to be updated and differnt in a way as people would just say its the same as the last.

the game has made a new breakthrough with the ability to get in the action personally.

i love all zeldas and i cant seem to decide the best as there all great in differnt ways. i would say that i was disapointed with the bosses in twilight as they were much to easy to beat ( remember that darn snake monster in link to the past in the tower lol thats a challenge ).

i think the new adventure hasnt lost the feel of zelda just tuned it up abit for the 2000's. also as zelda and marios grafixs on the n64 was simlair i cant wait for marios new wii adventure.
    Last edited by djjaye; 05-09-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djjaye View Post
    after the snes came out my friend brought from hong kong the new zelda for his superfamicom, i could not belive it what a game. so i brought that soon as it hit the shelfs
    I remember how amazed I was at seeing the rain at the beginning of LttP. I'd also have to say that the first time you found the Master Sword really sticks out. I still think the the ending is one of the best ever. I mean, it certainly didn't leave any questions unanswered by showing every character in the game.