Thread: A couple of Steel Battalion moments..... yours?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A couple of Steel Battalion moments..... yours?

OK I got the game..... was never into Mechs before, but this is frickin great. Since I was never into them, admittedly I suck at the game compared to others I am sure. So I went on the net and found a code that opens all missions and VTs. I decided to try it since I might never earn the right to see all this. I just had a couple of moments that were really something... actually one very cool and the other haunting.

On mission 3 as I was crossing the steel girder bridge (slowly) it got blown up by an enemy, and I could see the bridge falling from beneath my feet.... and then my VT filling up with water but I hit eject and lived. This one freaked me out since water terrifies me.

On mission 10 in the city I decided to blow up a building with my main weapon.... when I seen the most realistically frightening physics and haunting scene. When my weapon hit the building like 3/4 the way up, you see an explosion tear through the building just like 9/11 minus the jet and then the building falls to the ground in the same way...even more scary one was a very tall tower near another tall tower..... it was unbelieveable, I stopped and let out a HOLY @#$%.
    It was truely haunting.

So I would like to hear some of your moments. When I turned on my XBOX again afterwards, all missions were still available as well, since it was a cheat I fully expected to have to enter it every time you want to use it, but it doesn't appear so.

For a week before this gaming was not exciting me at all, but with this game and the new Zelda which I got, I am totally rejuvinated!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The mission 3 bridge thing had the same effect on me. I was sitting on the bridge blasting at a couple of VTs thinking "ha ha they're too stupid to figure out how to get on the bridge" and I hear this explosion, and the screen shakes, and the ground falls beneath me, it was great!

I didn't make it out in time, either, so I had to start over from the beginning. It really is a rad game!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol... here is the WANT converted to WANTING again, I guess DP is having some more fun with a secret word.... I want a cool prize from Philly Classic!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On mission 4 I was trying to be spiffy and shoot some Scare Faces to my right while wakling forward on a bridge.

Well I managed to walk straight off the side of the bridge. I turned forward just in time to see my VT tumble over the side.

And I fell off the cliff in level 2. That was fun.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I fell off the cliff in Level 2 as well. I don't know how I forgot that, it was pretty funny.

My son who is 5, beat Level 1 on his very first try, I did nothing but explain to him what he should shoot at. I thought that was pretty impressive.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've gone swimming on level 4 TOO MANY times. In fact, I'm playing this game through for the first time, and decided to be all hard-ass about it, so I'm playing "normal" difficulty instead of rookie (go me!). This may be why I have not beaten level 4 yet. But I just now read a faq, so I'll (hopefully) be sinkin' the battleship before the night's out.

A couple of hours ago I was so disgusted at getting shot down again that I swore and gently put down the controller. Unfortunately, I did this without remembering to eject first...
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Battleship kicks ass, it looks cool seeing 6 missiles coming at you, but not so fun when they hit you lol. I want to go with a haevy VT and see me fall through the net for laughs.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mission 4 Steel Battalion moments, redux.

Having smashed the VT opposition, I prepare to assault the battleship. Wife comes in and hits the "change magazine" button (among others) a couple of times. After fending her off I call up Wagonmaster. Wagonmaster informs me that I forgot to order supplies. !@#$

Down to my last Decider and supply run now...
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY