Thread: My beginning of gaming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My beginning of gaming

It all began when I was a small kid, around 4 years old to be precise. My grandparents owned an Atari 7800 and (I believe) owned a 2600 well before that since they had quite a few 2600 games. Some of the most memorable games included Fire Fighter, Food Fight, Maze Craze and Mario Bros.. Of course looking back at it the graphics aren't as realistic but since I had that old school experience they still look fine to me and very playable!

It was a few years later when my dad bought a Sega Master System and man was it a nice system. Between Cloud Master, Shinobi and Wonderboy III it was a winner to me. I stayed up for hours playing each game we owned and it was amazing the only game I ever beat as a kid was Wonderboy III. To me the challenge was hot and the idea of a computing system performing such wonderful games just blew me away. Unfortunately we'd end up only owning a handful of SMS games (later on I'd buy some more) and my parents were just not interested in spending the money on this type of entertainment.

Now I never owned a Nintendo, although many others did. The games were entertaining non the less and made it worth the trip to a friends house to play. Even to this day though one of my favorites was Super Mario Brothers 2, it was just something about the artwork, simple gameplay, and a few puzzles tossed in.

Not owning that cool Nintendo system didn't discourage me even with a limited library of games available to me. The Master System held some great gameplay and nice graphics to go along. Same goes with the Atari at my grandparents; every time I went over there I had to play it! They were both wonderful systems and really do deserve more attention in the classic US gaming market. The ironic thing is today I own over 120 NES titles (which isn't that many compared to some others), no 7800 games and single-digit SMS. It's a real shame they aren't as common in my area for they truely are great pieces of design.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Its a neat bit of history but personally I thought it lacked warmth or personality. Maybe going into more specifics would help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    Its a neat bit of history but personally I thought it lacked warmth or personality. Maybe going into more specifics would help.
    Yeah. It was pretty early in the morning and struggling to get a full thought going. Mainly wanted to just get a basis down while it was in my head. I plan to go more in depth later this week.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]