Thread: The Christmas I got a Nes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default The Christmas I got a Nes

Thinking back to when I was growing up, there were a lot of great memories getting video game systems and games when I was a kid and as a teen. I can remember getting my first video game gift ever with it being Jr. Pac-man for the 2600 on my tenth birthday in 1988, and getting an Atari 7800 for Christmas in 1989, but nothing could top Christmas of 1991 for me.

I always act like kid in a candy store for opening Christmas gifts not matter how old I got. 1991 was not exception. My brother and I knew for months that we were getting a Nes. The exciting part was what games; we will be getting for the system. Back in 1991, my parents told us that we will be getting a Nes due to the games and price of the Nes was going down in price.

My brother and I made a Christmas list for our parents in October of 1991. We went by the Sears and JC Penny Christmas Catalogs our house got in 1991 and a Toy “Ur” us sales paper that game Nes games for $19.99. I didn’t remember all the games I wrote on the list. The games that I remembered writing down on the list included Captain Skyhawk, Double Dragon, Megaman, Dragon Spirit: The New Legend, Ninja Gaiden 2, Road Runner, Skull & Crossbones, Toobin’ and Wrath of the Black Manta. I remembered as weeks went by we were anxious for the system and the games. A good amount of games I wrote on the list, I didn’t play before or had a clue how good they were. Going to bed on Christmas Eve, I was looking forward to the gifts I will be receiving when I wake. My brother and I were happy that we got gift certificates as Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve from my dads’ side of the family. .

My brother and I woke up at 9:00 in the morning and waited for our parents so we could get in the living room for unwrapping gifts. When we finally opened the gifts on Christmas morning 1991, we were more concerned with the games and the game system not, not the clothes and the other toys we got. The games we got were Air fortress, Super Glove Ball. Dragon Spirit: the New Legend, Road Runner, Skull & Crossbones, Silent Service, Toobin’, Snake’s Revenge: Metal Gear 2, and Journey to Silius besides the games that came with system. My brother and I got more certificates on Christmas day, when we went to my moms’ side of the family for Christmas. We played more games that night after we got back from seeing my moms’ side of the family.

We tried out all the games on Christmas day. We were surprised how good some of the games were like Skull& Crossbones, Air Fortress, Journey to Silius, Toobin’, and Dragon Spirit: The New Legend. We enjoyed Road Runner, it was like the 2600 version we own and we also enjoyed Super Mario Brothers. The gift certificates we got: we used them on a Game genie, Captain Skyhawk, Rolling Thunder, Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos.

It was a memorable Christmas for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

i had a nes as a kid (to tell the truth my uncle had one and my dad had one)
    the first system that i got was a snes w/donkey kong country in the xmas of 1995 (didn't even touched it till new year's day 96)
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile