Thread: I Just Got A Ps3 And It's Already Pooping On Me!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I Just Got A Ps3 And It's Already Pooping On Me!

I just bought a ps3 yesterday. Everything is well spaced out and ventilated for breathing room. I played an hour of mortal kombat shaolin monks and i noticed during one portion the audio got garbled. then all of a sudden the screen went black and the audio started to skip. no matter what i did with the controller it wouldn't budge. i restarted it, and now, i just get a black screen when i insert a ps2 disc, i get just the black screen. it also stopped reading my internet connection, but i got it to work somehow. i formatted the drive and started from scratch as well, but got the same results. is this a recurring issue? i feel so jipped. I just spent $900 on games, the system, and accessories. what should i do? anything i can do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

The PS3 has a really solid rep for being a well made console. I have never heard of any problems like the one you are describing.

I suggest you go to the store you bought it from and exchange it for a new console, since you just bought it this wont be a problem. Sony also gives you one year on the system if there are any problems down the road.

The PS3 is a machine, and all products have a number of units that have issues. Complaining won't help anyone, especially when you can solve the problem very easily.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not just tying this to complain. I am checking to see if anyone else has had the same issue and if there was anything they did to fix it without having to ship it back to the store. I purchased it at the local game stop.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Knoxximus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Knoxximus

Game Stop? Nuts! You're gonna have hell to pay trying to return it!

You and the store manager ->
    Hardcore gamin' since '75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

he's not going to have any issues returning it if he bought it at a local store. if it's a local store, go to the store, tell them what happened, show them the receipt, they will boot it up and give you a new one in a matter of minutes.

the problem doesn't exist, he is covered under their return policy. if he wants his money back, he will have problems.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm....

Have you updated it?

New or preowned?

Play with the system settings for awhile might solve the problem, espeacially if it was preowned...

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger View Post
    he's not going to have any issues returning it if he bought it at a local store. if it's a local store, go to the store, tell them what happened, show them the receipt, they will boot it up and give you a new one in a matter of minutes.
    Of course, at that moment Murphy's Law will kick in and it'll work no problem.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pico956 View Post
    I just bought a ps3 yesterday. Everything is well spaced out and ventilated for breathing room. I played an hour of mortal kombat shaolin monks and i noticed during one portion the audio got garbled. then all of a sudden the screen went black and the audio started to skip. no matter what i did with the controller it wouldn't budge. i restarted it, and now, i just get a black screen when i insert a ps2 disc, i get just the black screen. it also stopped reading my internet connection, but i got it to work somehow. i formatted the drive and started from scratch as well, but got the same results. is this a recurring issue? i feel so jipped. I just spent $900 on games, the system, and accessories. what should i do? anything i can do?
    did u update ur ps3 ? to the latest bios ?
    Secondly is the game even compatible ? some games give problems so check out the backward compatible list. Last is ur games badly scratched ? because PS3 hardware is the best built next gen machine...