Thread: RE4 Wii censored?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default RE4 Wii censored?

Will this include the U.S. and Euro ver also?

Capcom's pop-art masterpiece videogame Resident Evil 4 (called Biohazard 4) was released for the Nintendo Wii in Japan on May 31, and for only 3,900 yen. That's pretty cheap! It features new Wii remote aiming, which is sure to make forearms tired in the most awesome way possible.

I'm very tempted to buy this game, myself. Though I have a bit of an ethical problem: it's been weirdly censored. Though the box is plastered with a giant red sticker that proclaims "THIS GAME CONTAINS REALISTIC SCENES OF GRAPHIC VIOLENCE", a great portion of the blood and gore has been excised from the game. Headshots no longer kill, limbs can no longer be shot off. I suppose Capcom is undertaking some kind of social responsibility, trying to keep kids from understanding that shooting someone in the head kills them, though really, am I the only person who finds it kind of ridiculous?
    from next-gen.biz

If this is true ill stick to my GC and PS2 versions thank u very much capcom and Nintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if i remember correctly the japanese version of biohazard 4 didnt include gore when it first came out.i think europe and the u.s are the ones who got the uncut version.i may be wrong but i swear that sounds right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyvortex View Post
    if i remember correctly the japanese version of biohazard 4 didnt include gore when it first came out.i think europe and the u.s are the ones who got the uncut version.i may be wrong but i swear that sounds right.

I hope thats true as I was REALLY looking forward to the Wii version and was planning on picking up a Wii plus this game upon the U.S. release.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

yeah if thats true im damn sure going to just rent it once to try it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

while wikipedia isnt always 100% correct this does sound like what i remember:
    "The GameCube version of Resident Evil 4 went through slight modifications in each regional release since the initial one. The North American version was the first and the original to be released, followed shortly by the Japanese version (titled Biohazard 4). These two versions are reportedly identical in most aspects (excluding localization), with the only difference being that animation involving decapitation were censored and removed from the Japanese version. This was presumably due to the fact that Biohazard 4 was the first game in the series (not including re-releases and ports) to be rated by the Computer Entertainment Rating Organization, which objected to the game's depictions of decapitations. When Leon is killed by a chainsaw-wielding ganado, his face is rather unrealistically mutilated. In Japan, the Assignment: Ada minigame is titled Ada the Spy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

because God knows a game can't be fun unless you can kill with a head shot and blow off limbs
    Last edited by Griking; 06-01-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    because God knows a game can't be fun unless you can kill with a head shot and blow off limbs
    When I play Super Mario Bros, I expect to jump on turtle shells. When I play Resident Evil (or any zombie game), I expect to blow the heads off zombies. Fun should be in the context of the type of game it is.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, yeah, pretty much.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The game is still probably great fun, but I think the survival horror aspect is compromised and it is no longer a complete experience.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Japanese GC version is also missing the woman impaled through the head with a pitchfork in the released version along with many of the other more gruesome setpieces.

I have a feeling we won't be getting a censored product for the US version given that the US GC version is the goriest one that exists.

If Capcom is very lazy like Square was with their FFVI US GBA release it would stay censored, but I seriously doubt it.