Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Memorex VIS

  1. #1
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South MS
    Posts
    200
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Memorex VIS

    Anyone have one of these? I am thinking about buying one (just the console- no extras)
    What is the average price these days?

    Any games to look out for?

  2. #2
    ServBot (Level 11) swlovinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Gamers Paradise
    Posts
    3,607
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

    Default

    I have an extra system up for sale. I have given you a pm
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

  3. #3
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    564
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    just in case you're interested, i have an unopened (but with a notch bit out) VIS controller for sale.
    Last edited by orangest; 09-07-2008 at 02:32 PM.

  4. #4
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default Not worth much...

    Most of the time, the consoles don't sell on Ebay (as in nobody bids), even if they come with games and the controller. I had and still have a package I listed for sale on a few boards a while back with a controller, memory cart and about 30 games and I was asking $100 I think and got no interest at all. I guess it's not surprising given that it's really an edutainment system with only a couple of true game titles.

  5. #5
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South MS
    Posts
    200
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Well thanks for the info guys- I guess Ill move onto the LaserActive then

  6. #6
    Kirby (Level 13) ubersaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

    Default

    I wouldn't bother with it unless you can get it pretty cheap. It's definitely not a system for playing. If you do get it, there are a couple halfway decent games, but they're all essentially PC ports.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

  7. #7
    Pear (Level 6) TurboGenesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

    Default

    I picked up 32 titles for the VIS back in 2004 at a yard sale for $15. The catch - slight water damage on the boxes - and many are still sealed. I never could find a system and still lack one today. At the time I pick these up I had been more "collector" and those VIS games made me realize that I should return to my roots as a video games player. The titles I have are pretty much education entertainment titles with the acception of Links golf. There is one "game" - Kid Fun - which is for ages 2 and up - 2 years old

  8. #8
    Kirby (Level 13) ubersaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post
    I picked up 32 titles for the VIS back in 2004 at a yard sale for $15. The catch - slight water damage on the boxes - and many are still sealed. I never could find a system and still lack one today. At the time I pick these up I had been more "collector" and those VIS games made me realize that I should return to my roots as a video games player. The titles I have are pretty much education entertainment titles with the acception of Links golf. There is one "game" - Kid Fun - which is for ages 2 and up - 2 years old
    Heh, if you want I can dig out my VIS sometime. It's abysmal, but hell. At least Spacenuts on the demo disc was alright.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

  9. #9
    Great Puma (Level 12) Steve W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex, Texas
    Posts
    4,417
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Default

    I only paid $10 for mine a year or two ago, and I wouldn't pay more for it. I've got a decent selection of software for it, though. In Fort Worth (home of Tandy/Radio Shack), I came across a Goodwill with heaps and heaps of VIS software. I picked up the most interesting titles, maybe 20 or so, for 99 each. I still occasionally come across software for it here and there. And the sad thing is, I am still not motivated to plug my VIS in and try it out. I've never bothered, because I haven't found any titles that sound entertaining enough. Kind of like my Action Max. Just can't get myself to suffer through it.

  10. #10
    Pear (Level 6) TurboGenesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Heh, if you want I can dig out my VIS sometime. It's abysmal, but hell. At least Spacenuts on the demo disc was alright.
    We will have to do this some time for some 's

  11. #11
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South MS
    Posts
    200
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I only paid $10 for mine a year or two ago, and I wouldn't pay more for it. I've got a decent selection of software for it, though. In Fort Worth (home of Tandy/Radio Shack), I came across a Goodwill with heaps and heaps of VIS software. I picked up the most interesting titles, maybe 20 or so, for 99 each. I still occasionally come across software for it here and there. And the sad thing is, I am still not motivated to plug my VIS in and try it out. I've never bothered, because I haven't found any titles that sound entertaining enough. Kind of like my Action Max. Just can't get myself to suffer through it.
    lol- that sounds horrible- I was looking at paying 40USD for one

  12. #12
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    152
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    lol- that sounds horrible- I was looking at paying 40USD for one
    http://www.atariage.com/forums/index...=107355&hl=vis

    not mine

  13. #13
    Great Puma (Level 12) Steve W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex, Texas
    Posts
    4,417
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Default

    That one's $40, and it's just too much. Especially for one with no controller. It's essentially a stripped down 386 multimedia PC, from what I understand. A lot of the software can also be played on a PC, so you might buy some of the alleged 'games' first and see if they're even remotely interesting to you. Most of the software are educational kid's junk and reference software, with only one or two actual games on the system.

  14. #14
    Pac-Man (Level 10) FABombjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    AMD 286, actually. It's like an Xbox v.0001

  15. #15
    ServBot (Level 11) swlovinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Gamers Paradise
    Posts
    3,607
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

    Default

    Well considering that these things are pretty uncommon, you are not going to find one cheaper online. Chances of finding one in the wild are very uncommon. I bought a boxed one for some decent change, and I am selling my extra. I will keep it for now, I am sure that I can sell it to someone.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Similar Threads

  1. Memorex VIS
    By Ed Oscuro in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 11:59 AM
  2. Memorex VIS
    By SEgamer in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 07:11 AM
  3. WTB: Memorex VIS
    By icbrkr in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:32 AM
  4. memorex vis question
    By qbertandernie in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
  5. What's a Memorex VIS?
    By MrRetroGamer in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •