Thread: SOLD: Sega CD/Genesis combo & games

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default SOLD: Sega CD/Genesis combo & games

So I've tried the Sega CD (Model 2) for several months now and just can't get into it. I'm looking to sell it along with my small library of four games.

The price I was looking for is $40 shipped in the US. Read a little bit further if you are looking for a price break. I'll try and throw in a few minor freebies (Sega related) for a prompt buyer.

In this bundle, you will get the following:

-Sega CD Model 2 unit: unboxed with no manual, works fine and it has always held my saved games so far, see more on the condition at the end of this listing
    -Sega Genesis 2 system: unboxed with no manual, comes attached to the Sega CD, in good working order
    -Two official Sega AC plugs: unboxed, one of them for the Genesis and the other for the Sega CD, both are in good working order
    -Red/Yellow cables: to be used in the Line Out port, good condition
    -One official Sega 3 button controller: unboxed, works fine
    -One official Sega RF cord: unboxed, good condition
    -Four Sega CD games: as listed below.....

1. Sonic CD: complete in original Sega CD case, manual in very good shape, disc only has a few light scratches but is in good shape overall and plays great, the front door of the jewel case is cracked but the top/bottom hinges are still intact, comes with the little black foam piece.

2. FIFA International Soccer: ex-rental is complete in original Sega CD case, rental sticker on top of the disc and assorted scratches on the bottom, the game has always played fine in this Sega CD and I've played it a bunch of times, sticker residue on the front door of the case but otherwise it is in fair/decent shape with no cracks, hinges are intact on the front of the case, no missing pages or writing in the manual, front cover has come off but it is still in the case with the rest of the manual, two stickers and a couple of tears.

3. Sewer Shark: disc in a regular cd case and it comes with the game manual, disc is in good to very good shape and it is the blue not for resale version (I assume the pack-in), manual is in decent shape with no writing/missing pages or stickers, the game plays perfectly.

4. Thunderstrike: complete in original Sega CD case, disc is in good shape overall with only a few light scratches, the game plays perfectly, manual in very good shape as is the case, case has no cracks or stickers and the hinges are intact,

Condition of Sega CD Unit: Model 2 unit is unboxed and in good shape overall, every so often the Sega CD won't start up/power up right away but that is because of a touchy connection between the Sega CD/Genesis, based on everything I've read this is apparently "normal", new users of a Sega CD would simply need to move the Genesis around a little to adjust the connection, as I mentioned above this unit still saved as of a month ago and it doesn't seem to be in need of cleaning.

FEEDBACK: See my signature below for DP feedback and look here for my Ebay seller feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller

Price Break?: If $40 shipped is too high for you, I'd be open to a counter offer. While I really prefer to sell this as a bundle, please note the buyer can choose not to receive any of the following: the Genesis 2 system, the Genesis 2 AC plug, the Sega RF cord or the 3-button controller. However, all of the included games have to be sold in this package since I'll have nothing left to play them on.

THE LOT LISTED BELOW HAS BEEN SOLD BUT DUE TO THE NUMBER OF INCLUDED ITEMS, THE LISTING WILL REMAIN UP FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE BUYER!!!!!!!

N64:
    -NHL Breakaway 98: complete and in good condition
    -WWF No Mercy: cart only and in good shape, for the uninitiated this game is a "newer" version of WCW/NWO Revenge except with the WWF roster and a fun story mode
    -NFL Quarterback Club 98: cart in rental box with original front/back cover attached
    -Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey: cart only, sticker on the back, small mark on the front label, decent shape

GENESIS:
    -World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck: complete and in good/very good shape, includes not only the manual but the Sega warranty card and all of the Sega ads that came inside the box, good item for a budding Sega/Genesis collector and while it isn't rare this one isn't a $2 common either
    -NBA Showdown 94: cart only, in fine shape

PLAYSTATION:
    -NCAA Final Four 2000: complete, minor scratches on the disc but it is in decent shape and plays great
    -NBA Shootout 2001: disc in original case with back insert, manual is missing, some fingerprints and minor scratches on the disc but it plays great, disc in fair/decent shape

XBOX:
    -August 2004 Official XBox Magazine Disc #34: in (original?) paper case and in good shape
    -NFL Fever 2004: disc only in generic dvd case, ex-rental, disc has numerous scratches and is untested but could potentially be resurfaced
    -Madden 2003: disc only in generic dvd case, disc is well worn and untested but could potentially be resurfaced
    -Madden 2002: disc only in generic dvd case, disc is well worn and untested but could potentially be resurfaced
    -NFL Fever 2003: disc only in rental case with front cover and generic instructions on the back cover, noticeable wear on the disc but I played a full exhibition game on it earlier this year
    -NCAA Football 2003: disc only in cd slimcase, some noticeable wear but the game plays fine in my XBox system
    -NBA Inside Drive 2002: disc only in a generic dvd case, disc is well worn and untested but could potentially be resurfaced
    -NBA Inside Drive 2004: disc only in rental case, original artwork appears on the front and back cover, disc is well worn but I played 2 exhibition games recently without a problem

NEW ITEMS FOR 6/8/07:
    -Hardball III cart for Sega Genesis: small nick on the label but otherwise it looks good and plays great
    -Swatpro September 1991 issue: missing front/back covers but otherwise readable (ok/fair shape) and has plenty of tips, particularly on Phantasy Star and Maniac Mansion
    -Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding cart for N64: front label in good shape, a couple of stickers on the back of the cart, plays great
    Last edited by bangtango; 06-12-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultGen View Post
    Where do you get all these sports games
    Goodwill and on here. A lot of times I'll buy more expensive titles from a sale thread here on DP and since I am paying for shipping anyway, I usually get a few $0.50 to $1.00 sports games to go with it. In fact, 1-2 of these games I've gotten within the past month or so.

Most of the time I don't like them but if it is something I haven't played before and I'm going to be paying shipping for another item anyway, it never hurts to get an old sports game or two as part of a sale. I'll try it out to see if I like it. If I do, I hold onto it. If not, it ends up in a lot sale. Either way, it keeps me busy for 20-30 minutes and I'm not really losing any money on a 50 cent or $1 game.

As for the ones I get at Goodwill or Salvation Army, I almost never pass up any game I see for under $2 including a sports game (doesn't matter what system). Same deal. I try it and if I don't like it, I get rid of it. If I do, I just add it to my collection
    Last edited by bangtango; 06-05-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultGen View Post
    Where do you get all these sports games

Heh,heh....tell the truth now Will....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bump. $1 off the original price. I'll throw in a couple of freebies to the person who buys this lot I want the stuff out of my game room.

1. Early issue of SWATPRO minus the front/back cover, possibly the debut/premiere: in ok/fair and readable shape, this is the issue with a bunch of tips on Phantasy Star and Maniac Mansion

2. Hardball III loose cart for Sega Genesis

Again, $14 shipped which isn't a bad deal considering shipping will likely be $7-8 and possibly more depending on the location

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

$1 price drop, 3 new items added (see the original post). Take this off my hands. $13 is reasonable considering that includes shipping, if not I'll entertain a counter offer but we'll see when you PM me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bump

Ok, I have launched an entirely new sale. Sega CD/Genesis combo that comes with games and is ready to play out of the box. I'm open to a counter offer for this package, depending on what you have in mind after reading up on it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Unhappy

Sorry to hear your getting out of the SegaCD collecting, are you still keeping a genny?

Lurker Supreme Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gurn1313
    PSN
    gurn1313
    Steam
    gurn1313

PM Sent!