Thread: Warcraft 2% Milk

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Warcraft 2% Milk

My parents limited my game time as I'm sure most of yours did, the usual hour a day of gaming that could usually be stretched to 2. So my parent's are getting ready to go to a free movie in the afternoon. They ask if I would like to go along and I say no obviously, so that I can play games while they are gone. That day we were also planning on heading to the mall which meant "arcade" to me. So my parents, knowing me a little too well, tell me that if I play games, we won't be stopping at the arcade. Fortunately, I knew my parents well and knew that they would be checking the monitor to see if it was warm. So, they leave, I turn on the computer, and immediately start playing Warcraft 2.

I'm having a great time with a great game. About an hour and a half later, I knew that if I stopped playing, I would probably be fine. At about the hour and forty-five minute mark, I realize I better get off because it's my last chance. At about the two hour mark, I realize I'm pretty much screwed. So I turn off the computer, and start looking in the fridge for something that is large and cold. The best thing I could find was a 2% gallon milk jug. I place this on the monitor and have to do a sort of balancing act to keep it on there. Finally I figured it was in a good position...

As soon as I turned my back, it fell and the plastic broke open. Feelings of shock, awe, and despair come rushing at me before I can react to pick up the jug with milk continually flowing out. So now there is a gallon of milk on our hardwood floor seeping into every crack and corner. If I used a towel it would have to be washed, so I grabbed a roll of paper towels and started slowly soaking up as much as I can. I take a grocery bag, grab up all the paper towels and the carton of milk, and take them out to the trash. With my thoughts racing of my parents coming home and seeing the wet floor, I run across the street to the grocery store and buy a gallon of 2% and a roll of paper towels.

My parents arrive home with my anxiety at an all time high. My mom goes right to the computer, touches the monitor, praises me and goes about her business. My thought of "Oh thank god that's over" was quickly followed by "Time for the arcade!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great story. Sounds like me when I was playing War2 or my NES.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love this story, thanks for sharing it .

Insert Coin (Level 0) Blackcrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    nope

Great story, but I never had my parents limit the time I was able to use the pc/nes. I always felt bad for the kids like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcrow View Post
    Great story, but I never had my parents limit the time I was able to use the pc/nes. I always felt bad for the kids like that.
    With all the fatty kids running around, I wish more parents did that. <Im probably in the minority here>

OH yea, good story. Good idea with the milk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Good story. I used to be limited with the time I could play (30 friggin' minutes!). Thankfully, since my parents have daytime jobs, I can now play longer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a great story!

I was limited to an hour a day when I was younger. When I was in HS, my parents basically gave up on me (you know, cause I was such a ... uh... rebellious.. hooligan... with my straight A's, never drinking, smoking or doing drugs, never getting into trouble in school) so I could play whenever I wanted.

I think a play limit is a good idea, just the same as a limit on TV. Especially for younger and middle school students.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

Wink

would have been better if the milk got into the monitor and you tryed to cool the pc with a frozen fish.. nice story, hopefully they never see this post..
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 77punk View Post
    nice story, hopefully they never see this post..
    I sent the link to my mom today, she thought it was funny. Glad you guys enjoyed it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

doh, now the milk on the monitor wont work.
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Insert Coin (Level 0) Blackcrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by Kejoriv View Post
    With all the fatty kids running around, I wish more parents did that. <Im probably in the minority here>

OH yea, good story. Good idea with the milk.
    Ah yeah I know what you mean, I was never inside all day playing video games. I spent more time outside than I did inside, and still do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

One of the better Lore stories I have read, good job!

PSN: SouthRox