Thread: American Laser Games Actors Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Default American Laser Games Actors Question

Ok, going game hunting this week, I found a 3DO copy of Crime Patrol for a couple of bucks and temptation got the best of me an I bought it. Well, I NEVER use my 3DO and it has been collecting dust in my closet for a couple of years (found it at a garage sale). So I got it out and began to relive my memories of some of the worst games in the history of gaming (the live actor ones). They are SOOOOO bad that they are good. Well, as I was enjoying my $%$^ laden electronic treat, I was thinking about the second rate actors in the game. I began wondering if any of these actors became famous in Hollywood (kind of like commercial actors). They have to start somewhere. I can't find any info online myself but does anybody know if any of the actors in the American Laser Games ever became famous actors? Not an important question but was just curious (and a good forum conversation).
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218907/
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/crime-patrol

That was hard.

And look, here's Rima Miller's resume:
    http://www.actors-n-models.com/rima_miller.html

Anyway, the star of My Big Fat Annoying Fiance, a reality show from a few years back that I never actually watched, was apparently one of the stars of Phantasmorgia. That's pretty much the closest I've ever come to seeing an FMV actor in another role.
    Last edited by J'orfeaux; 06-06-2007 at 08:44 PM.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218907/
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/crime-patrol

That was hard.

And look, here's Rima Miller's resume:
    http://www.actors-n-models.com/rima_miller.html

Anyway, the star of My Big Fat Annoying Fiance, a reality show from a few years back that I never actually watched, was apparently one of the stars of Phantasmorgia. That's pretty much the closest I've ever come to seeing an FMV actor in another role.
    Holy crap. CYRUS?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCtNHPP5Yo
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not the same sequence..but what about Mark Hamill in the Wing Commander games. After Starwars he pretty much only did this and voice overs for games. Still does VOs for games and anime.

But...the mechanic in Wing Commander 4 I've seen in other very small roles in several TV shows and films.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post
    Not the same sequence..but what about Mark Hamill in the Wing Commander games. After Starwars he pretty much only did this and voice overs for games. Still does VOs for games and anime.

But...the mechanic in Wing Commander 4 I've seen in other very small roles in several TV shows and films.
    Actually, he's been a guest star in several TV shows, and has starred in many cheapy cable and direct to video movies. I think he concentrated on stage acting.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

IMDB has cast listings for Mad Dog McCree, Mad Dog 2 and The Last Bounty Hunter. Surprisingly there is no entry for Who Shot Johnny Rock.

A good portion of ALG's western-themed games were all filmed in and around New Mexico, which made sense since ALG was founded in Albuquerque. This might also explain why these games were western-themed in the first place. New Mexico has a lot of free-standing western motion picture sets - whole towns in some instances - that get recycled frequently over the years into major movies, commercials etc. There's also a considerable local pool of aspiring actors always available as extras and small speaking roles. Looking at some of the IMDB listings for these games, I see a few of these names consistently popping up not only across American Laser Games productions but also on a handful of movies I know were filmed in this state such as Timerider, Red Dawn, And God Created Woman, etc.

Some of the people in the game may have come from this group as well, which would make sense since these people would have been doing this sort of thing regularly for years. So there you have it: Local sets and local actors means you don't go broke if your game is a total flop.

Nobody famous has broken out of any of these games so far as I can tell, but this one fellow named Ben Zeller seems to have been around for several years already working as a character actor. That's got to count for something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Pantechnicon View Post
    IMDB has cast listings for Mad Dog McCree, Mad Dog 2 and The Last Bounty Hunter. Surprisingly there is no entry for Who Shot Johnny Rock.
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/wh...y-rock/credits