Thread: Vintage Video Game Stores in Orlando,Florida

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Hainjutsuyiu

Question Vintage Video Game Stores in Orlando,Florida

Im going to orlando tommorow and im going to be there for like 3 days can anyone tell me any stores?
    Ahh man this guy is back

Insert Coin (Level 0) Raven1280's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to many.... Theres a few out on the south side of the disney area. Other than the flea market in sanford this city is full of nothing but gamestops/ebs.

Raven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There used to be a decent independent store (Cybertron Video Games?) technically in Cassleberry, but on 436/Semoran just a bit north of Orlando, in a strip mall with a Big Lots and a few other assorted places.

There was another one near downtown Orlando, but the name escapes me. It was near Bumby road off Colonial/SR50 a bit off the road, but not far. I'm pretty sure it was near a Wendy's though.

Keep in mind I left Orlando about 3 years ago, so things may have changed greatly since.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Putney View Post
    There was another one near downtown Orlando, but the name escapes me. It was near Bumby road off Colonial/SR50 a bit off the road, but not far. I'm pretty sure it was near a Wendy's though.
    That was still there last year (haven't been there in a while). I forget the name, but they used to have a wooden sign w/ Mario on it. It's on the north side of the street. The only other place I go is Flea World in Sanford, which has several game dealers. I buy most stuff at Game Trader's. FWIW they also have a retail location in Daytona, though I've never been there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Putney View Post
    There used to be a decent independent store (Cybertron Video Games?) technically in Cassleberry, but on 436/Semoran just a bit north of Orlando, in a strip mall with a Big Lots and a few other assorted places.

Keep in mind I left Orlando about 3 years ago, so things may have changed greatly since.
    I can't think of the name either, but it's basically in the same parking lot as the Wendy's, almost across the street from the SunTrust bank. They are not really willing to haggle too much, but if you spend enough, they sometimes will knock off a couple bucks here and there. Selection is decent, and although not filled with Holy Grails, you should be able to find something there. (I always have). If there is something specific you're looking for, or if you find something on the floor that's kinda trashed, ask them to look in the back for another one, sometimes they have dupes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, besides flea world, S & F Video Games is the only one I can think of. The other guys are right, it is basically in the Wendy's plaza near Bumby and Highway 50. The family that runs it has been there for years and even though their prices arent really fantastic, they are very nice, in fact they showed me how to clean games when I was just startin out. There used to be a Replays about a mile and a half down heading east which also carried older games but I didnt see the sign when I drove by there the other day.

Also there may be one in Kissimmee near O-Town (I think that is what its called), I heard a commercial a while back but never made it out there. Oh and also Cybertron closed a while ago. Good luck in your finds

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, bingo - S&F. Thanks, that was driving me nuts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Moonracer View Post
    Yeah, besides flea world, S & F Video Games is the only one I can think of. The other guys are right, it is basically in the Wendy's plaza near Bumby and Highway 50. The family that runs it has been there for years and even though their prices arent really fantastic, they are very nice, in fact they showed me how to clean games when I was just startin out.
    This is true. I was in Orlando last August and bought some Genesis games from S&F. Their selection isn't the greatest, but they had a bunch of Genny games and manuals cheap. The owner, Susan, was really nice too.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Raven1280's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Moonracer View Post
    Yeah, besides flea world, S & F Video Games is the only one I can think of. The other guys are right, it is basically in the Wendy's plaza near Bumby and Highway 50. The family that runs it has been there for years and even though their prices arent really fantastic, they are very nice, in fact they showed me how to clean games when I was just startin out. There used to be a Replays about a mile and a half down heading east which also carried older games but I didnt see the sign when I drove by there the other day.

Also there may be one in Kissimmee near O-Town (I think that is what its called), I heard a commercial a while back but never made it out there. Oh and also Cybertron closed a while ago. Good luck in your finds
    Cybertron closed their strip mall store but they are still at the flea market. They are located in the in the air conditioned building. I would buy from them over the gametrader guys any day. Seems the gametrader guys have been looking to ebay to price their stuff.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

I think I went to that s&f when I was there last. The place I went had a ton of manuals for sale.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone in Orlando ever go to Rocky's? My wife just drove by it on 436 and gave me a call. Googling revealed this:

http://orlando.citysearch.com/review/2344722

What can you say about Rocky's Replay? I've been going there since I can remember. It's right in front of Semoran Skateway. They always have the best and newest arcade games and they're in great condition. On top of that, they have 50 cent hot dogs from open till close and they're always good. The game prices are always reasonable and as to be expected and there's a good choice of new games, older classics and pinball games, as well as 4 or 5 touch screen machines. If you enjoy Golden Tee Golf, SilverStrike Bowling or Dance Dance Revolution, those games are always there and have been for a while. Overall Rocky's is a great place to go any night of the week and is right next to A Wing Resturant(One that can't be typed in here for some reason but it involves Owls), if you want to get your eat on and don't want some hot dogs. The staff there is really friendly too.
    Pros: Always getting in new games and prices are very good
    Cons: Very rarely there can be waits for the more popular machines

I'll try to check it out when I get a chance, but I'm curious if any DP folks have been there.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to bump this old thread, but I'm heading to Orlando tomorrow, and was interested in some stores that sold vintage games.Anybody have any suggestions?

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by kokujin View Post
    I hate to bump this old thread, but I'm heading to Orlando tomorrow, and was interested in some stores that sold vintage games.Anybody have any suggestions?

It's been a while, like 2 years at least since i went out to all the spots so they might not even be there anymore but game world in kissimmee moved closer to the Disney area on 192, they're still around bu i haven't been to the new location, the new owner is kind of a dick which I stopped going, cybertron if they're still around had a really good selection and arguably the best prices. There were 2 other dealers in the same Sanford flea market that sold games as well. The ones im thinking of had a store based out of Daytona and were great guys, always gave me great deals since i bought in bulk, forgot their name tho but the guys at cybertron know them so you might want to ask them

Basically your best bet is in the Sanford flea market since there are at least 2 to 3sellers, if you plan on making it out to Disney then game world is worth checking out in kissimmee to

Edit: oh and s&f or whatever they were called in Orlando, the ones by Wendy's on bumby are longgggg gone, I don't know if they relocated but honestly even if they did they probably aren't worth checking out, only reason i even went there was because they were on the way to the skate shop i bought sneakers in.. Their selection wasn't to crazy, mostly common ps1 and ps2 games and their prices were basically on par with ebay
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 04-18-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."