Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.50->1.5 psp downgrader Out NOW!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 3.50->1.5 psp downgrader Out NOW!!

This simple to do downgrader is now out for people who have updated psp's This will enable all homebrews and CF's (Have Fun)

www.psp-hacks.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMurf View Post
    This simple to do downgrader is now out for people who have updated psp's This will enable all homebrews and CF's (Have Fun)

www.psp-hacks.com
    Duuuuude, all you need is a copy of dirt-common Lumines? Hacking PSPs just got a hell of a lot easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2 View Post
    Duuuuude, all you need is a copy of dirt-common Lumines? Hacking PSPs just got a hell of a lot easier.
    Lol i just bought a psp with 3.40 oa with a 1gb stick on ebay.. Good thing it only cost me 160$.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's nifty, thanks for the heads up and I'll have to let a few friends know.

Quote Originally Posted by insinion
    Good thing it only cost me 160$.
    $160?! They are flooded around here for $120 used and complete w/1GB stick. The instability of the new and used market is so crazy I'm just sitting back and waiting for the best time to buy. Now, this hasn't kept me from buying games for a PSP.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    That's nifty, thanks for the heads up and I'll have to let a few friends know.

$160?! They are flooded around here for $120 used and complete w/1GB stick. The instability of the new and used market is so crazy I'm just sitting back and waiting for the best time to buy. Now, this hasn't kept me from buying games for a PSP.
    It's a good price for the prices they go here. A month back i saw them selling for around 290$ with the custom 3.40 oa firmware and a fake 2gb stick. So yeah i'm happy with the price i paid.

O yeah it was not a second hand btw it was new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I'm wondering what would you be doing with a PSP at 3.5 fw in the first place anyway......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The urge to re-purchase a PSP just got that much greater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146 View Post
    I guess I'm wondering what would you be doing with a PSP at 3.5 fw in the first place anyway......
    Its not just for 3.5 people its for people who bought new psp with higher FW's which can just be upgraded to 3.50 then back down to 1.5 then back up to CF

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just for reference before deciding to do this-- is there anything good that would be lost by downgrading that far? I'm not really familiar with all the updates they've done with the PSP, but you must be losing some decent stuff if you're going all the way back to 1.5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PSXferrari View Post
    Just for reference before deciding to do this-- is there anything good that would be lost by downgrading that far? I'm not really familiar with all the updates they've done with the PSP, but you must be losing some decent stuff if you're going all the way back to 1.5.
    Well the idea is you go to 1.5, to start the process of upgrading to the custom firmware which I believe is up to 3.40 OE-A.

And that of course has pretty much all the same updates in it with some *ahem*.. added benefits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes if you go to 1.5 you will loose everything including the browser of course. 1.5 was the first fw released in usa. What you want to do is downgrade your 3.5 to 1.5 then update it to a custom firmware. When you update to a custom firmware you are in full control. It gives you all of the up to date advantages that come with the new updates. This CF also gives you complete ISO,CSO,BIN,KEY files to be used. This means you can download your favorite psp games of the internet and load them up on the Memory stick. Also full use of all possible homebrew for the psp!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

The idea of purchasing a PSP with a custom firmware already installed seems somehow wrong to me. Well, selling one would be wrong. Buying one seems risky is probably more what I mean by wrong.

I guess there shouldn't be anything wrong with it, but I'd be wary, especially on eBay, that the item was the real deal.

My dad was extremely happy with the downgrader, as I own a copy of Lumines and he owned a PSP that he was unable to downgrade previously. We updated it to 3.5, performed the downgrade, and then installed 3.40 OE-A as easily as we could have hoped for.

Now he plays the copy of LocoRoco that I bought him for father's day on his memory stick
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read somewhere, that the "dark alex" guy, quit doing the "hacking" thing..... I hope this isn't true.... if so, 3.40oe, is the last version until someone else picks up the slack...
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life View Post
    I read somewhere, that the "dark alex" guy, quit doing the "hacking" thing..... I hope this isn't true.... if so, 3.40oe, is the last version until someone else picks up the slack...
    Yeah, DarkAlex actually posted on his site that he was leaving the PSP homebrew scene. He said that he just doesn't have time to devote to it any longer but everyone thinks that's B.S. Most likely Sony got in touch with him and threatened some legal action if he continued.

And this all happened right after he announced he cracked 3.50, which has an ISO loader built-into the official firmware. Coincidence?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah but dont worry. A shit load of other teams are still out there so we should still have custom FW and downgraders. Some one will pick up where DA left off and yes I thought from he very beginning that sony had something to do with his resign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just bit the bullet and did mine. It was at 3.0something-or-other. It took about a half hour to jump through all the hoops, but it was easy enough, and I got a Genesis emulator up and running fine.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post

And this all happened right after he announced he cracked 3.50, which has an ISO loader built-into the official firmware. Coincidence?

Wow, I'm defenitely gonna have to agree with you and call shenanigans on Sony. I know if I heard that someone was making a hacked firmware for my hardware unit which loaded game images right out of the new version, I would NOT want it getting out. Although doesn't it seem a little pointless to threaten the guy considering it already has that capability with 5 minutes of work on the user's end?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pretty much never thought I would actually try downgrading... but the first release candidate for Cave Story on the PSP just came out and I’m sorta freaking out about it right now.

Guess it’s time to try this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    I pretty much never thought I would actually try downgrading... but the first release candidate for Cave Story on the PSP just came out and I’m sorta freaking out about it right now.

Guess it’s time to try this.
    And once you get sick of Cave Story, you can start ripping your PS1 collection to your memory stick. ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And once you get sick of Cave Story, you can start ripping your PS1 collection to your memory stick. ;-)
    Wow... I completely forgot I could do that. This sounds pretty ridiculous. The only problem so far is that the downgrader requires at least a 75% charge… and my battery is taking its sweet time getting there.