Thread: MEKA Easter Eggs

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MEKA Easter Eggs

Has anybody here found ANY Easter Eggs in MEKA?

I'm mostly interested in finding out how to play NES games thru it.
    Cause if you can already play SMS,SG,SC,GameGear,&Colecovision on it, why not a few more?

Plus I'm interested in funny things you may have found too.

Alex Kidd
    The Weed Of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit You Old Hag!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Weeee!

Banana Theme - Checked out your meka.thm file? You should, there is a theme that is disabled in there called Banana. It's located under the Monochrome theme, to enable it, remove the ";" from in front of the name [Banana]. Try it out! You'll see why it's called Banana, trust me! ;O)

Incidentally, there are MANY more themes not enabled that are listed, although you can only enable a certain amount of them in Meka due to the list constraints. If you enable a few, just disable some others.

-BrAin waSH- - Pull down the Help menu, hold B on your keyboard, and click on About! -BrAin waSH- will load, it's an addicting game! Arrow Keys to move, Space Bar to clear objects! Kudos to Meka again! (Yes, I finally found a real one.) ^_^ **NOTE: Close the About box if you're having troubles using the Space Bar.**

Fullscreen Eggs - You can get all the Egg games to play in fullscreen by pressing escape or by simply choosing fullscreen mode in the GUI, and I must say, fullscreen Pong is fun! ;O)

PONG - (w/o game loaded) Hold down the P button on your keyboard and the go to input and click on Paddles. Pong will start up. W and S are P1 controls and Up and Down are P2 controls.

Snail Game - Turn the power on (without a game loaded) and hold buttons 1 & 2 and press up.

Buggy Tetris - Press CTRL + T for a buggy tetris version.

Break Out Clone - Pull down the tools menu then click on tech info, look around in there and click on on the 00 in the number 1800.

NES Message - In the meka.cfg file, at the bottom it says "nes_sucks = 1". Change the 1 to zero and get a nice message.

Another little "NES" trick - In the emu, press CTRL + N. Apparently this is a little extra added for people trying to find the elusive NES emulation. :O)

BTW: There is NO nes emulation in Meka!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, I haven't tested these eggs since many Meka versions ago. All worked for me except for Brainwash. This used to work for me, but now it doesn't. I'm not sure if it was removed or the egg was changed?