Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What do you think is the worst game of all time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I merged the new thread with this old one since we have many threads on the worst game of all time already.
    Yeah, but the difference here seems to be asking for the most morally reprehensible games of all time.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jb143 For This Useful Post:

gbpxl (11-11-2019)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Yeah, but the difference here seems to be asking for the most morally reprehensible games of all time.
    well yeah that and the fact that the last post is from 12 years ago, none of the people commenting on the topic are even around

a lot of these topics that are in the archives are interesting to look at in the context of when they were originally active. if youre gonna condense a topic made in 2019 into one made in 2007, might as well do that for every other vague topic while were at it. my two cents. i could be way off on my analysis of this of course

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Some of the users who posted in this topic years ago are still around.

I would've combined it with a more recently active topic, but others were like "worst game you've played" and "worse game in your collection", so I was looking for something less specific. I'm not going to merge all topics on the subject because forum policy is to merge a new topic with an older topic before the new topic has many posts. If you've got two topics with pages of posts each, merging them together can make the flow of the discussion hard to follow, depending on when the posts were made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    2nd on my list goes to Drake and the 99 Dragons for the Xbox. This game has a special place of suckness that needs to be recognized. First of all, the animation of the main character is just bizarre, the only way I can describe it is controlling an lame comic book character born with out elbows and given , on top of one of the worst cameras ever made in a video game. From lame character design to by far one of the most boring second levels made in a game....they just took the first level and reversed it....without enemies....lame....
    This.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Does worse game of all time really even matter when there are so many bad games out there? Yeah, the thread was made in 2006, and now we're in we're in 2019 and Steam has several thousand games released on a monthly basis 99.9% of them unplayable, but even back then there have been so many bad games that it doesn't matter imo. Although an accumulation of bad games should be brought up so people who collect would know what not to purchase.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Rocky and Bullwinkle on the NES. A huge disappointment compared to the GameBoy game.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Sonic '06. It was a big name game that many looked forward to for a year or more (including myself). It had the Sonic name on it, all of the Sonic games up to that point (except Shadow, a spin-off game) had been well reviewed, and this was supposed to be THE re-birth for Sonic, the game that brought Sonic into the HD era...

...and it was a pile of fucking shit. There have been series that have been built on good games in the past and then a mediocre game comes in and it's a huge letdown. This was beyond that. This wasn't just a mediocre letdown, this was BAD, like one notch above Superman 64 bad. If it weren't a Sonic game, it wouldn't be the worst game of all time (it would be close, though). But the fact that it was a big name + a literally horrible game = the worst game of all time. People didn't expect as much from Superman 64. It was a big name in comics and movies, but a good movie or comic =/= a good video game. Sonic was a series of good video games made by a manufacturer that was once the biggest name in the industry (admittedly, over 10 years earlier) and they release a game that my parents paid 60 bucks for and I played it for 45 minutes before deciding that it was a horrible piece of crap.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.