Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the worst game of all time?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Hainjutsuyiu

Default What do you think is the worst game of all time?

I think ET for the 2600!
    Ahh man this guy is back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leicamaster View Post
    I think ET for the 2600!
    E.T. is not really as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I swear, I think most people who diss E.T. have never actually played it. There are far worse games out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloBoy View Post
    E.T. is not really as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I swear, I think most people who diss E.T. have never actually played it. There are far worse games out there.
    I definitely agree...although it did make #1 on PC World's list of the worst games of all time:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...s/article.html
    That list seriously sucked. Smurf Rescue? Give me a break...that game is great.

Anyway...worst game of all time? Really hard to say. A lot of the very early Atari VCS titles were awful...ditto for the Odyssey2...but alot of that had to do with the primitive nature of the games and the limitations of the hardware. There are plenty of newer games that suck far more (and have no such excuse) - Dark Castle, Heavy Nova and Batman Forever for Genesis come to mind as games that are unbelievably bad.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It depends really. Have you played all the games out there? Ever played Godzilla on NES, a game which received 9% out of 100% in the Nintendo magazine 'Total'? Surely one of the worst games. I played 'Forest' on VCS, which is also absolute rubbish. But to determine which is the worst game of all time you'd have to play them all (worldwide releases) to be even remotely able commenting on this subject.
    Last edited by Alison DeMeyer; 07-05-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alison DeMeyer View Post
    It depends really. Have you played all the games out there? Ever played Godzilla on NES, a game which received 9% out of 100% in the Nintendo magazine 'Total'? Surely one of the worst games. I played 'Forest' on VCS, which is also absolute rubbish. But to determine which is the worst game of all time you'd had to have played them all to even remotely able to make a comment on this subject.
    you know godzilla is one of my favorite games ever for the NES acually so is Jaws and that regularly pops up as "the worst".

Hylide almost single handedly turned me off of RPG's in my childhood.

also, and i know theres people who are gonna stick up for it but...Cybermorph on the Jag. sorry, i just hated that game and thought it was dull. Then again i expected alot for the Jaguar when my parents got it for me for christmas. I was so excited and then.....Cybermorph.
    Last edited by Soviet Conscript; 07-05-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Conscript View Post
    you know godzilla is one of my favorite games ever for the NES acually so is Jaws and that regularly pops up as "the worst".
    Another positive vote for Godzilla here. I just wish the sequal built upon and improved this game instead of switching genres. I don't really care for Jaws, but mostly because it's so short, not that it's terrible.

My vote would be for Taboo the Sixth Sense, if that actually counts as a game. If that's disqualified, I can think of something else.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing for PC: you're winner!

Seriously, every single part of the game is broken. I recommend playing it at least once, because it is fun to drive around (and off the course into vast nothingness) and fool around with everything.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

Without thinking too much I'm just going to throw Shaq Fu into the mix.
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BeastScholar

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Conscript View Post
    Hylide almost single handedly turned me off of RPG's in my childhood.
    Even after playing Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior II, Hydlide makes you hate...hate so hard. That and Aquaman for the GameCube
    Everyone is beautiful if you squint a bit...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to throw Hard Drivin' for the Genesis, and Bubsy 3d for the PSX into the mix. Anyone like those games?

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't even like the arcade version of "Hard Drivin"...I can't image how horribly choppy the Genesis version is.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Hainjutsuyiu

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs View Post
    I don't even like the arcade version of "Hard Drivin"...I can't image how horribly choppy the Genesis version is.
    Hard Drivin for the genesis sucks! The sound is horrible! The Graphics arent all bad! What is really anoying of this game is the turning! JESUS!
    Last edited by leicamaster; 07-06-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    Ahh man this guy is back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clong View Post
    I want to throw Hard Drivin' for the Genesis, and Bubsy 3d for the PSX into the mix. Anyone like those games?
    I have a soft spot for Hard Drivin', I think it all comes down to the fact that for a long time it was the only game at a cafe my family liked to dine at about once a week when I was a kid and it was the only thing I could do to pass the time while they sat around and drank coffee. That being said I occasionally pull that or Race Drivin' out for playing on my nomad.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

2600 Pac-Man is WAAAAY worse than E.T. In fact, there are a ton of Atari games where I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do, or even what I'm controlling on the screen, so those have definitely got to be worse than E.T.

My vote for the worst game of all time: Bokosuka Wars for the Famicom. It looks like shit, I can't figure out what to do, and the music is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Although, it does have the greatest game over screen ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    2600 Pac-Man is WAAAAY worse than E.T. In fact, there are a ton of Atari games where I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do, or even what I'm controlling on the screen, so those have definitely got to be worse than E.T.
    True words. I've plugged in many a 2600 game to be greeted by a bunch of abstract symbols and no earthly idea what to do. At least with ET I at least knew what on the screen I was supposed to be controlling.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know what would make a game the "Worst of all time", but the games I hate the most are:

Sword of Sodan, Genesis
    Final Fantasy VII, PSX
    Morrowind, Xbox

I can't say I really hate E.T, when I play it I just spend a little time seeing if I can do anything remotely interesting with it, and then turn it off.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clong View Post
    I actually like Hard Drivin'. When I was in high school the only system I had access to was a Sega Nomad about about 20 games. I use to spend hours launching my car off the loop ramps and try to hit houses on the way down. It was just fun mindless carnage.

If you play the game the way it's meant to be played, though, it's horrible. I never bothered racing the other cars, I just tried to cause as much destruction as possible.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't usually buy bad games (since I read reviews), but sometimes, some games have a lot of potential to be good but they end up being utter crap. Case in point: WWE Wrestlemania 21 for the Xbox. Man was I wrong on this one. Great graphics, horrible gameplay. Now, I did try to give this game a chance, but the very glitchy and stiff gameplay made me trade it in for a game I really like: Crazy Taxi 3. The moves were all motion capped, and they looked good, but, the animations in between were stiff and glitchy. On top of that, the online mode of the game didn't even work when the game shipped out, and the game randomly froze on the loading screens or if you went through the menus too fast! There is even a glitch where you can play as the "locked" characters without even buying them! I seriously regret getting this game, but I quickly traded it in for a game I would really enjoy instead.

WWF Attitude wasn't THAT bad. Thankfully, I didn't pay full price for it either (I have it on the N64 and the Dreamcast). I mean, it sucked memorizing the moves, but once you did, you could put on some good matches with the game. Not as good as No Mercy, but somewhat decent. That's my opinion on that. The one good thing about it was the commentary...not the best, but it certainly was better than other wrestling games at the time.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default Worst video game of all time?

They dont necessarily have to be ones youve played. I certainly dont spend money on products I dont want but if I read enough about them or see videos of others playing them, I believe I can form a pretty solid opinion of them without having rewarded the developers with my money.

Here are some that I have to put up there as top contenders:

Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire? - yeah punching women in a video game isnt a good look. Violence as a solution to ones hatred of wealthy people is hard to wrap my head around

Super Columbine Massacre RPG - absolutely disgusting piece of trash. whats next, Holocaust Fun Time Simulator? Microsoft Flight Sim 9/11 Edition?

Rapelay - obscure Japanese computer game that lets a player simulate sexual assault against female passengers on a train

I cant think of any games that have made this planet worse than any of these, even through poor game design. there was a FPS where you play as a school shooter but I dont remember the name of it

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I merged the new thread with this old one since we have many threads on the worst game of all time already.