Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the worst game of all time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bitNesMan View Post
    I was really hoping you were going to say some crappy Sega franchise. But I can't even joke on you cause I love Ocarina too. Also a big fan of Mario 3. Thanks for taking all the wind out of my sails.

BTW, Nights is a great game... FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Yeah!!! Ocarina of Time will always be the best game ever (until the new zelda on Wii is released, that one is supposed to change the series), anyone play phantom hourglass import, how is it?
    http://www.twitch.tv/jumanjicastle/ - Playing classic games in RGB Scart and Component

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Hainjutsuyiu

Quote Originally Posted by Nesboy43 View Post
    Yeah!!! Ocarina of Time will always be the best game ever (until the new zelda on Wii is released, that one is supposed to change the series), anyone play phantom hourglass import, how is it?
    I ordered Phantom Hourglass!
    Ahh man this guy is back

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about "all time" but the worst game in my collection is Air Lock, by far. It really has no redeeming qualities other than having the official title of "Worst Game Of My Collection." Which, I guess counts for something...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fester's Quest Is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could never beat third alien boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
    Agreed !!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing I hated most about Legacy of the Wizard was that it was very easy to get stuck in an area you couldn't get out of with the wrong character. So you'd have to reset the NES and re enter the long ass password to try again.

I don't know if it's the worst game of all time, but my most hated game is Hydlide on the NES. I hate the whole series, actually.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:42 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

Awww, man. I actually LIKED Aidyn Chronicles. The battle system was right up my alley in terms of style and execution, but the only thing that bugged me was having to boost strength just to be able to hit an enemy.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clong View Post
    I want to throw Hard Drivin' for the Genesis, and Bubsy 3d for the PSX into the mix. Anyone like those games?
    I actually like Hard Drivin'. When I was in high school the only system I had access to was a Sega Nomad about about 20 games. I use to spend hours launching my car off the loop ramps and try to hit houses on the way down. It was just fun mindless carnage.

If you play the game the way it's meant to be played, though, it's horrible. I never bothered racing the other cars, I just tried to cause as much destruction as possible.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't usually buy bad games (since I read reviews), but sometimes, some games have a lot of potential to be good but they end up being utter crap. Case in point: WWE Wrestlemania 21 for the Xbox. Man was I wrong on this one. Great graphics, horrible gameplay. Now, I did try to give this game a chance, but the very glitchy and stiff gameplay made me trade it in for a game I really like: Crazy Taxi 3. The moves were all motion capped, and they looked good, but, the animations in between were stiff and glitchy. On top of that, the online mode of the game didn't even work when the game shipped out, and the game randomly froze on the loading screens or if you went through the menus too fast! There is even a glitch where you can play as the "locked" characters without even buying them! I seriously regret getting this game, but I quickly traded it in for a game I would really enjoy instead.

WWF Attitude wasn't THAT bad. Thankfully, I didn't pay full price for it either (I have it on the N64 and the Dreamcast). I mean, it sucked memorizing the moves, but once you did, you could put on some good matches with the game. Not as good as No Mercy, but somewhat decent. That's my opinion on that. The one good thing about it was the commentary...not the best, but it certainly was better than other wrestling games at the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue lander View Post
    I don't know if it's the worst game of all time, but my most hated game is Hydlide on the NES. I hate the whole series, actually.
    Oh man, I think Hydlide deserves the title of worst series ever. Virtual Hydlide was god-awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My answer to this question will always be Amagon for the NES.

Honorable mentions include:
    Virtually everything made by Digital Pictures (Sewer Shark being an exception)
    Stake: Fortune Fighters (Xbox)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe Montana football on Sega CD is definately one of if not the worst game ever. It is really sad that the genesis Montana games were about 1000% better than a cd based game.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

In defense of ET, I used to be able to beat that game over and over when I was 5 years old, so if you think it's too hard, you are a girlie man.

Anyway, if you know what to do in the game, it's really rather good. If you don't, you get frustrated and quit.

Ok, everyone that's beaten the game, raise your hand. Now, of those with their hands raised, who thinks the game still sucks balls? None of you? Thought so.

Now, Deadly Towers, shit...I hated the game until that password trick trick in Nintendo Power came out, then I thought the game was really awesome, since I actually got to experience the whole thing. Before that it was a very mysterious game in my collection. Game Geneie didn't exist, and I thought I'd never get to experience the whole game.

Now, the dungeons were completely unnecessary and impossible...we could have done without them completely. Use the password trick and give this game a shot. Beat it, and then tell me how terrible it is. It actually has some of the best NES music further in.

Fester's Quest is a very solid Sunsoft game. But, like the Gradius games, you must beat it on one life or you are fucked. I was pissed that the first time I played it I got to the last level and died....no way I was walking all the way back there.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick View Post
    Now, Deadly Towers, shit...I hated the game until that password trick trick in Nintendo Power came out, then I thought the game was really awesome, since I actually got to experience the whole thing. Before that it was a very mysterious game in my collection. Game Geneie didn't exist, and I thought I'd never get to experience the whole game.

Now, the dungeons were completely unnecessary and impossible...we could have done without them completely. Use the password trick and give this game a shot. Beat it, and then tell me how terrible it is. It actually has some of the best NES music further in.
    Oh, I definitely agree. DT is a brilliant game when you get down to it. It has always had an air of mystery to me. It's just the whole aesthetic, I guess. The isometric viewpoint, the haunting soundtrack, the uniqueness of all the overworld areas...classic!

But yeah, the dungeons are total shit. I actually set out to do it the hard way a couple years ago. I printed out an FAQ and I got down to it. It was like being at work. Even with the solutions in front of me it was horrible. I gave it an hour and never picked it up again.

But using the cheat code the game is thoroughly enjoyable, although there's not much of a challenge when you do it that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcgamer View Post
    Joe Montana football on Sega CD is definately one of if not the worst game ever. It is really sad that the genesis Montana games were about 1000% better than a cd based game.
    John Elway Football on the NES Makes Genny Montana look like THE PREMIERE FOOTBALL EVER. Montana controls and plays were stiff. Elways were rigor mortis.
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Now see Godzilla for the NES is still one of my favorites. I especially like the music in the prolgoue when it describes the story.

How could anyone logically hate OoT?!

For me, tossup between:
    Quest 64 (Yay, I run around and hit stuff with my big wooden stick!)
    ET (Looking back I wonder what I saw in it)
    Superman 64 (Fog anyone?)
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Hainjutsuyiu

I didnt expect this topic to get so much posts!
    Ahh man this guy is back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OatB0b

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick View Post
    In defense of ET, I used to be able to beat that game over and over when I was 5 years old, so if you think it's too hard, you are a girlie man.

Anyway, if you know what to do in the game, it's really rather good. If you don't, you get frustrated and quit.

Ok, everyone that's beaten the game, raise your hand. Now, of those with their hands raised, who thinks the game still sucks balls? None of you? Thought so.

-Rob
    I beat it (game 1, the hard one) a month ago for the first time. I too have been playing it for about 15 years, since I was five.

I did some defending earlier, but this game does deserve a lot of what gets dished onto it. The pits aren't so bad (after you know what you're actually doing), but that f***ing scientist has to rape you and in turn, the FBI agent steals your phone pieces. (I know the end of the cold war was breaking the bank, but the US Govt. stealing telephones from aliens.... quite ridiculous). Avoiding those two characters ends up being one of the main focuses of the game.

Navigation is awkward because you're supposed to be on a cube; however walking of the same side of the screen in two different spots will land you in two different areas. Also, the sprites for the scientist and FBI agent are quite large and do tend to surprise you. I can't say how many times I've had a phone piece stolen last second on the landing pad.

I'm glad I could beat it, and think well enough of it to play it again from time to time; however, it will always be a frustrating game due to lots of oversights built into the game from a short dev cycle and zero play testing.

To sum up, here's my post in a "beaten" thread in another forum from the day I beat it.

2007/2/23

E.T.* The Extra Terrestrial games 3, 2, and 1
    *Trademark of Universal City Studios, Inc.

... and the game still sucks.
    it's thinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

It's interesting to see actual, playable games (i.e. Fester's Quest) make this list, when there are a handful of critically broken games and even non-games (i.e. Taboo The Sixth Sense) that have been mentioned.