Thread: I have 3 NES systems in GREAT Condition, which ones do I keep?! PLEASE HELP

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I have 3 NES systems in GREAT Condition, which ones do I keep?! PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a while.. and realize this is THE place to get the best answer for good ol' retro gamin'.. and i need your help!

I've recently come across a few NES systems at garage sales/ flea markets... and To my surprise.. their ALL IN GREAT CONDITION! But I don't know which ones to keep! I don't have much space in my house, and I don't like having clutter.. So I really just want to keep the best 2.. one in the original box for collection, and one to play on. Please keep reading.. any help would be appreciated!

I will admit I have a slight case of OCD, and I'm proud of it.. however it makes life a bit harder... I'm sure some of you can relate. =)

anyhow, I'm curious as to what you guys think. here's a description of each system (There all Toasters):

NES system 1) Model # in 32 Millions. Now this system must be from the last batch they made of the original Toaster design.. it works PERFECTLY every time, but has some VERY minor discoloring on the top (not yellow, just a bit darker Grey), but only when compared to the system below. anyone know the last model # they made up to?

NES system 2) Model # in 29 Millions.. works maybe 2% less perfectly then the 1st system... but still works great. The Color of the system itself IS AMAZING.. I mean the gray plastic casing is crystal clean! however.. there is a small chip in the back corner (1/6"), and the model number stickers on the bottom have scuffing.

Lastly, NES system 3) Model # in 6 Millions. Came complete in original Action pack box.. with 2 controllers, Power Mat, Zapper... All in near MINT CONDITION..which tells me the system was well taken care of..(it also works perfectly).. However, the system has the slightest discoloration on the top like the first one (not yellow, just a darker Grey), and has a small chip like the 2nd NES system, but on the front right corner.

So after all said and done.. I'm Torn. Does anyone know how to get rid of the darker Grey discoloration i mentioned?..

What do you think is best for a collector.. having a very small part of the plastic chipped on the corner (1/6") but with otherwise MINT color, or having slight discoloration on the top of the systems, but otherwise perfect?? (See how I'm torn here)

also, if you guys were to keep multiple systems.. would you keep multiple sets of controllers and Power adapters? or just one set. My thought might be to keep the best system, controllers & power adapters in the box to keep them nice and minty for my collection.. and the 2nd best to play on.. with a backup pair of controllers and adapters that work decent.

I will pay for anyone's consultation =)

thanks very much guys, hope to hear from you all!

-Retromangia
    Last edited by Retromangia; 07-09-2007 at 10:25 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd say you're over analyzing. You might find a few people that would be bothered by a small chip in the case, but most people won't care, almost nobody will be bothered by a slight discoloration.

I'd keep the last set, but that's because I'm a sucker for systems that are complete in their boxes with all the extra goodies.
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would buy all three cause you can never have to many NES and to my limited knowledge it doesn't matter what serial # as long as they work its all good.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retromangia View Post
    I will admit I have a slight case of OCD
    Yeah, no kidding.

So I really just want to keep the best 2.. one in the original box for collection, and one to play on.
    Looks like you answered your own Q. It's a matter of personal choice and no one knows your situation better than yourself. Personally, whenever I run across systems in the wild, I keep one to play, one to pack away, and I resell the rest.

Always keep original accessories like RF units, AC adaptors, controllers, etc for systems you plan on playing. You'll thank yourself when the units eventually die or break. I've gone through a million NES/SNES controllers because I hate even the slightest bit of control lag.