Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ridiculous DarXide Auction

http://tinyurl.com/3aytkr

999 pounds... over $2000 US dollars.

Check out this bullshit...

THIS GAME IS THE RAREST 32X GAME. IT IS A PAL ONLY RELEASE. If there was ever a game to push the 32X to its limits and actually convince a gamer they were playing a 32-bit game, this is the one. Darxide is the only 32X title to exploit the use of texture-mapped polygons. Due to this, it is highly sought after worldwide. making it the most expensive 32x release. there are 2 other rare pal releases, (primal rage and t-mek) but fortunely (unlike darxide) they are availible as ntsc versions and are around $50 in price. This game is from my personal collection and will be missed, but i need to fund other purchases!

Not the rarest Pal game, not the only 32x game to use polygons, and I'd love to get PAL Primal Rage or T-Mek for $50
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fish Sandwich? Eh? He stated NTSC versions are available for $50, you just contradicted yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Fish Sandwich? Eh? He stated NTSC versions are available for $50, you just contradicted yourself.
    DreamTR? Eh? Read the sentence again. He is saying the PAL versions of T-Mek and Primal Rage are only worth $50 because they were also released in NTSC format.

Thanks for reading, though.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich View Post
    DreamTR? Eh? Read the sentence again. He is saying the PAL versions of T-Mek and Primal Rage are only worth $50 because they were also released in NTSC format.

Thanks for reading, though.
    Dude, you're playing with words.
    I understand the NTSC ones are $50 each (in fact they're way less)
    But anyway the 999 UKP is more for "attracting your eyes",since there is possibility to make an offer.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eeeer

"If there was ever a game to push the 32X to its limits and actually convince a gamer they were playing a 32-bit game, this is the one. Darxide is the only 32X title to exploit the use of texture-mapped polygons. Due to this, it is highly sought after worldwide. making it the most expensive 32x release. there are 2 other rare pal releases, (primal rage and t-mek) but fortunely (unlike darxide) they are availible as ntsc versions and are around $50 in price."

Translation: darxide is the only euro-only game. It rocks. It's rare. It's sought after. If you wanna play it, give me the cash !
    T-mek and primal rage are ultra rare in pal. If you wanna play them, luckily, they were released in the us. 50 bucks each.

If you really think that some ebay seller that has mostly uber rare stuff considers that pal primal rage and t-mek only costs 50 dollars, hum hum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever. It's not worth arguing. Happy Sunday.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fishsandwich: everyone else read it the same I did. Nowhere did he say the PAL versions were worth $50. He said FORTUNATELY these are available as NTSC and worth $50 each as opposed to spending the money.

It's not worth arguing because you just read the description incorrectly.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Jesus.

Way to nitpick, Jason. The point fishsandwich was trying to make is this idiot is trying to downplay TMek and Primal Rage so Darxide seems more attractive to a potential buyer - so it seems like this is the #1 title for 32x they should care about, period. The description is definitely trying to be deceptive.
    Last edited by portnoyd; 07-15-2007 at 01:13 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

portnoyd: Eh, I don't agree with that. I guess we agree to disagree. I think the fact that it is exclusive to Europe, and is worth close to the amount he is asking, and he stated that the rarer games exist in cheaper form on NTSC format, and can be had cheaper, he laid his cards out on the table.

BTW, did you ever get your manual that I had to send to Santulli's store since you did not respond to my PMs?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

999 is maybe a little overpriced but not far off teh real value. Last one ended at aroudn $ 700,- but it was a seller from an east european country and he listed it as us only and had not very good feedback.

I think the Pal Primal Rage, Darxide and T-Mek are all worth between 700 and 1000 ukp in mint condition.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

I read it the same way fishsandwich did.

"there are 2 other rare pal releases, (primal rage and t-mek) but fortunely (unlike darxide) they are availible as ntsc versions and are around $50 in price."

basically there should be a comma somewhere. But if it's after the ) or versions is the question. It can be read either way.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    this idiot is trying to downplay TMek and Primal Rage so Darxide seems more attractive to a potential buyer - so it seems like this is the #1 title for 32x they should care about, period. The description is definitely trying to be deceptive.
    Granted, £1000 is a crazy price (it's never sold for this,ever. About £700-£800 was the max, I think. Maybe not even that) However I would tend to agree with him that it's the #1 32X title to care about.

T-Mek and PR are gash. Rare gash, but still ... and the point about their availability in NTSC is valid too. There's certainly very, very few people - most collectors included - who would fork out £700 or so for a PAL copy when they could spend a quarter of that (or less) and buy a full NTSC set-up and a US copy of exactly the same game.
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Belmont View Post
    I think the Pal Primal Rage, Darxide and T-Mek are all worth between 700 and 1000 ukp in mint condition.
    That's a bit of an overestimate really - I think £750ish is the highest that DarXide has gone and the recent one was only half that price.

I think the highest price Primal Rage has reached was £330, which was a copy I sold for someone else a couple of years ago, and the first "known" one on eBay. Subsequent sales didn't get as much, and a manual-less copy sold for as "little" as £96. I'd say £200-£300 is probably par for the course for CIB copies of those two.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    BTW, did you ever get your manual that I had to send to Santulli's store since you did not respond to my PMs?
    Yes, he did.

And you can call me Joe.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    And you can call me Joe.

Wellllll, you can call him Joe...
    Or you can call him Joseph...
    Or you can call him Joey...
    Or you can call him Joe-Joe...
    Or you can call him Jay...
    Or you can call him Jay-Ess...
    But you doesn't has to call him "Santulli."
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama View Post
    That's a bit of an overestimate really - I think £750ish is the highest that DarXide has gone and the recent one was only half that price.

I think the highest price Primal Rage has reached was £330, which was a copy I sold for someone else a couple of years ago, and the first "known" one on eBay. Subsequent sales didn't get as much, and a manual-less copy sold for as "little" as £96. I'd say £200-£300 is probably par for the course for CIB copies of those two.
    If i understand you correctly, if when you say "those two", you're speaking about Primal Rage & T-Mek, then this is not true.
    I have kept somewhere on a hard drive pics of the auction of T-Mek PAL ended at 700-800€ or so.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, won by castlevania4ever (simon_belmont on this topic) which tends to buy things he really want for good cash ^^

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman View Post

Wellllll, you can call him Joe...
    Or you can call him Joseph...
    Or you can call him Joey...
    Or you can call him Joe-Joe...
    Or you can call him Jay...
    Or you can call him Jay-Ess...
    But you doesn't has to call him "Santulli."
    If you'll be my bodyguard ...

You can can me Al

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I remember I bought the only complete copy on ebay for 800 ukp it was in new condition. This was the 2nd complete copy on ebay, te first one was sold outside ebay after someone made the seller an offer. I think later a cart only version popped up but thats it...Until last year people did not even know there was a pal version of TMEK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    I have kept somewhere on a hard drive pics of the auction of T-Mek PAL ended at 700-800€ or so.
    Ah, OK. There's been others sold for a fair bit less though - a pretty trustworthy source has told me he's aware of more PAL T-Mek's than PAL Primal Rage's (think there were 6 known PR's at the last count).
    Last edited by anagrama; 07-17-2007 at 07:03 AM.