Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All pro 2k8 out this week

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default All pro 2k8 out this week

Well it has been a long time comin but 2k sports is releasing there all pro football 2k8 this week. I was really interested because of the whole nfl licenses crap. I went to gamespot and watched all the movies and so far looks good.

At first I thought it was similar to 2k5 then as I watched i saw awesome animation and the crowd noise rising at different times. The team customization is sick. Playing as earl campbell will be awesome.

I will pick it up this week to support the developer and to play an awesome game. This week online should be interesting. Anyone else looking forward to all pro?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ag=tabs;videos
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait to get this one. I've been following all the news and previews on it and I'm ready to build my team and take them online and see how this whole thing works out.

Also not that music makes a football game but I'm a fan of Z Trip who did the soundtrack for it. So I'm looking forward to some good hip hop music (i know that might be a minus for some people).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb View Post
    Also not that music makes a football game but I'm a fan of Z Trip who did the soundtrack for it. So I'm looking forward to some good hip hop music (i know that might be a minus for some people).
    I'm not anti-hip hop (although it is at the bottom of my personal preferences), but in this specific game I was hoping for something different. When the roster features the likes of Unitas, O.J., Elway, Rice, and so on, I was expecting an "NFL Films-style" soundtrack ... not the same type of modern hip-hop that'll be on the latest Madden. Something with a little more class and less bling, I guess. Custom soundtracks on the 360, baby. Oh yeah.

Oh yeah, I can't wait till it hits the shelves either
    Last edited by GM80; 07-14-2007 at 10:53 PM.
    DP Buy/Sell feedback is here: GM80's Feedback Thread

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am alll over this I reserved it ..... LOOOONG ago.... can't wait either..... see yall online for some good ol fashioned 2k footballl... man how long have I been waiting to say that for the next gen... :-)
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to say that I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm not going to run out and buy it on day one. I will however try to rent it as fast as I can. I'll definitely be giving it a fair chance to win me over. I like some of the concepts they are going with. Especially how you build your team from the ground up, and basically decide on the strengths and weaknesses. It's definitely going to be interesting to check it out. For some reason though, I don't think they are going to quite put it all together this year. All the interviews that I've read about this, make it seem like they really haven't been working on this as long as you would expect. In fact, I get the feeling that this game was rushed. Basically, I think next years version will probably be their REAL coming out party. Again, the proofs in the pudding, and I'm definitely going to taste the pudding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb View Post
    Also not that music makes a football game but I'm a fan of Z Trip who did the soundtrack for it.
    The Circuit City ad this week says they're giving out bonus Z Trip tracks when you buy the game there ... not sure if that means a physical disc, an unlock code, or access to downloadable versions ... but there it is, FWIW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GM80 View Post
    ... not the same type of modern hip-hop that'll be on the latest Madden. Something with a little more class and less bling, I guess
    don't worry Z Trip is nothing like the modern hip hop on Madden. Z Trip does a lot of interesting things with music including samples from all different genres so it should be interesting. thanks for the tip on the extra tracks too.

NFL films style would be cool but I'm pretty sure EA owns all the rights to that stuff as well so they would probably have to be careful about how they went about doing something like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I REALLY need a next gen system. I'm about to play NFL 2k5 right now.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some of the past madden games had a mix of rock music as well. I didn't play last years however. Did this change?

A Hip-Hop soundtrack alone is enough to make me skip over pretty much any game.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hahah, I like the interesting loophole they exploited around EA's licensing. Should be interesting to see how the 2k team does with their return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

on the TV I saw about the game..it had like Elway or something,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

It has amazing players in the game. Jerry Rice, Johnny Unitas, Walter Peyton...list goes on. I believe there's about 200 legends or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think 240 or 250... either way the game is fuckin sweeet... picking it up tonight..... if anyone wants to scrimage... feel free to look me up..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been playing today. In many ways (gameplay and graphics), this is what you'd expect from the next game in the series. It's an incremental step forward, which is what fans of the NFL 2K series are hoping for. It's not a generation jump, though, like others dreamed.

As one of those old 2K fans, who's been playing Madden for two years, I feel that this game is indeed better, if shallower, than any iteration of Madden thus far and I will probably stick with it until when, and if, 2K releases an All-Pro Football sequel. I also feel that this game, with its timeless roster, has relieved me from the mind-numbing "annual update disease" since these guys will still be legends next year ... and I can just add some new ones through customization.

The team customization is detailed, but not as total as I had hoped. I think 2K took the easy road by effectively making it impossible to truly recreate your favorite NFL team ... but if you want to make your own fictional team, the tools are there.

Gameplay is fantastic, and as true-to-life as I'd hoped. The graphics engine is nice, but not spectacular, and manages to chug in a few spots like 2K5 did on the original Xbox. Maybe this will be improved with an update, but I'm not too concerned about it.

Player creation is nice, and I was able to create a reasonable fascimile of Art Monk, who didn't make it into the default roster, and place him on my team and take him online in a matter of a few minutes.

I like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ditto... fun fun fun..... its been a long time, but this is what I expected from 2k...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had to get on my friend yesterday. For years he has been bitching about the whole nfl exclusive deal calling for boycotts etc. So I asked him if he is picking up all pro he started stuttering talking about renting and picking it up used. I then told him he has no more reason to complain.

A companies goes out and tries to make a game against all the odds and now its I don't know. People always scream the war cry and when its time for battle never suit up. When lose or draw just the fact they give gamers an option is great in my book.

The funny thing is when the first madden came out it had no nfl license. The teams were just named for there cities like pittsburgh and tampa. The imagination took over and it was fine. Do you think all pro could have went that route instead of naming fictional names? How would ea been able to sue when they did the very same thing?
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

OMG. This game is amazing. I've been playing it pretty much non stop. I just started playing on live. My record is 4-2. 4 wins in a row. I f'n love all the animations in this game; so realistic.

GT: Mr Brownstone21

Good luck trying to stop Steve Young.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

enjoy man, this game is pure fun... if you wanna play sometime... shoot me a message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ah, but the first question on my mind is...how good is the commentary? And do they still allow for late hits?

I haven't played the series since NFL2K1 on Dreamcast, but if I picked up a 360, this would be the first game I'd get.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas View Post
    Ah, but the first question on my mind is...how good is the commentary? And do they still allow for late hits?

I haven't played the series since NFL2K1 on Dreamcast, but if I picked up a 360, this would be the first game I'd get.

the commentary is as good as 2k5, imo, their are late hits, but you get penalized for them... (obviously)... the game plays well, and looks great... the new "tackling" system rocks... the right and left triggers, control "grabbing" an opponent for the take down... nice imo...