Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony's Jack Tretton: Wii is a "lollipop", 360 an "unreliable cook" (gamepro.com)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Sony's Jack Tretton: Wii is a "lollipop", 360 an "unreliable cook" (gamepro.com)

http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/...s/122948.shtml

Jack Tretton makes the comments about the 2 systems in an interview with gamepro.com. The comments are found on page 2 while calling his system Surf 'n Turf.

The full answer to one of the questions of the interview was the follwing was the Following:

How would you describe each current game console if you had to describe it as a meal or food?

JT: I probably couldn't do it objectively.

You don't need to be objective!

I think the PS3 is the Surf 'n Turf. You want the lobster and steak and you're going to give yourself the treat of getting the best thing on the menu. The PS2 is your favorite burger restaurant -- you go there for comfort food and it's just always good and is a good value.

[As for the other two consoles], one [Wii] is a lollipop, and I'm too old for lollipops. The other one [Xbox 360] I get sick from once in a while because the cook isn't always reliable.

There are other parts of the interview, but this was the highlight of the interview with it.

I've had surf'n Turf before and it tastes great, but the ps 3 is not surf'n Turf at this time. The ps 1 and the ps 2 are only Sony Home gaming console systems I considered Surf'n Turf at this time. It is too early to tell with the ps 3.

I understand called the 360 unreliable cook due to the red rings of death with the system. The wii comparsion is outdated. Nintendo is aiming at a different audience then the 360 and the ps 3, but the system is not completely aimed at kids. The wii is also aimed at people who aren't gamers and those people are adults.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe the proper term for the PS3 would be "over-priced meal".

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone at Sony said something hilarious again.

(And props to Gamepro for their absolutely stupid question.)

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PS3 is like the concession stand menu at the movie theater. You could get the overpriced medium soda (PS3 60GB) for $4.00 or you can get the Extra Large Value sized soda (PS3 80GB) for only $1.00 more!

A better deal? Or just more of a bad deal?

You the consumer, shall decide.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Or we can discount the original 60gig model, then discontinue it and not sell the 80 gig model.

Or we can make 15 exclusives titles, HOLY SHIT stop the presses, 15!!!

Jack really needs to get his head out of his ass. Reason being is that there still isn't a title out there that has given me the "wow" factor. I turned on my PS3 yesterday and once again, UPDATE needed. No description of what the hell this update does, maybe it could turn my PS3 into something cool, but I think I know better. Sony I'm trying to give you a chance but come on, enough with the slamming of the competition, it was old a year ago.
    Last edited by s1lence; 07-18-2007 at 08:28 AM.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

The Wii is like Ramen Noodles. It's cheap and even though many people won't admit it, they really like to eat it.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Insert Coin (Level 0) KeyserSoze61's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What does it say about me that my favorite food is around 15 years old? Do 16-bit titles age like a fine wine?

Either way, Sony can keep assuring itself of its superiority. The bottom line is that they have a fancy restaurant, with incredibly high overhead, that no one is eating at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

What is jack smoking?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The food comparision is getting alittle old, but anyway, what is he suppose to answer? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    I think the PS3 is the Surf 'n Turf. You want the lobster and steak and you're going to give yourself the treat of getting the best thing on the menu. The PS2 is your favorite burger restaurant -- you go there for comfort food and it's just always good and is a good value.

[As for the other two consoles], one [Wii] is a lollipop, and I'm too old for lollipops. The other one [Xbox 360] I get sick from once in a while because the cook isn't always reliable.
    I see the people at Sony have resorted to calling Nintendo "kiddie" again. Do they think customers will fall for that nonsense again?

The PlayStation 3 is like the fancy restaurant in NYC where sushi costs $500. We can get the same exact sushi at a normal restaurant for $7 and we don't have to wait a year for the good flavors to come out, but there will always be a few insecure people who buy the $500 sushi anyway because they think it makes them cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

the wii is like corned beef hash
    cheap and tasty
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    The PlayStation 3 is like the fancy restaurant in NYC where sushi costs $500. We can get the same exact sushi at a normal restaurant for $7 and we don't have to wait a year for the good flavors to come out, but there will always be a few insecure people who buy the $500 sushi anyway because they think it makes them cool.
    Damn, Wii and/or 360 is $7 now? Where to buy?! :P (since you used original price for PS3, wouldnt it be fair to use original price for Wii and/or 360 too? I guess that $7 was suppose to resemble Wii and/or 360?)
    Last edited by jajaja; 07-18-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze61 View Post
    Either way, Sony can keep assuring itself of its superiority. The bottom line is that they have a fancy restaurant, with incredibly high overhead, that no one is eating at.
    Is Sony going to be in an episode of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares?
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    Damn, Wii and/or 360 is $7 now? Where to buy?! :P (since you used original price for PS3, wouldnt it be fair to use original price for Wii and/or 360 too? I guess that $7 was suppose to resemble Wii and/or 360?)
    There really is a restaurant in NYC that charges $500 for plain old regular sushi. I was just using that as an example, but you're right: coincidentally it's the same price as a 60GB PlayStation 3 now. I wonder if the sushi has any backwards-compatibility problems.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There really is a restaurant in NYC that charges $500 for plain old regular sushi. I was just using that as an example, but you're right: coincidentally it's the same price as a 60GB PlayStation 3 now. I wonder if the sushi has any backwards-compatibility problems.
    Ah ok. Thought you ment to resemble the $500 to PS3 and $7 to Wii and/or 360. The difference isnt that big in difference (i didnt take $7 literally, but still not mega big in difference) so i just had to comment

That $500 sushi must be gold plated hehe. I've seen you can get $1000 pizza too, and i think there is some ice-cream that cost around the same too, its crazy. lol @ backwards-compability sushi hehe

EDIT: I found the ice-cream: http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html
    Last edited by jajaja; 07-18-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, the Wii is like a hot dog at Costco. Cheap, tastes real good, but then 20 minutes later you got a rock in your stomach.

The 360 is like a restaurant that serves alot of really good dishes, alot of variety, makes great meals, but you never know when it's going to all of a sudden be closed for a 5 week remodel.

The PS3 is like one of those super expensive ass dinners, where you get dressed up, and you think your going to have one of the best meals of your life, and after it's over, you wonder where all your money went, and your stopping by the Carls Jr Drive Thru on the way home cause your still hungry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    Actually, the Wii is like a hot dog at Costco. Cheap, tastes real good, but then 20 minutes later you got a rock in your stomach.

The 360 is like a restaurant that serves alot of really good dishes, alot of variety, makes great meals, but you never know when it's going to all of a sudden be closed for a 5 week remodel.

The PS3 is like one of those super expensive ass dinners, where you get dressed up, and you think your going to have one of the best meals of your life, and after it's over, you wonder where all your money went, and your stopping by the Carls Jr Drive Thru on the way home cause your still hungry.
    And the Carls Jr Drive Thru can be equated to playing PS2 games upconverted on the PS3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    Are you referring to the Xbox 360's reported 30% to 50% failure rate?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you referring to the Xbox 360's reported 30% to 50% failure rate?

bingo bango

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS3= A Mircowave I can't fuckin turn off without knowing it's off unless I'm sure the light is red or not...even when I press the button 3 to 4 times to make sure...

Xbox 360 = Toaster Oven with 3 heat-sink fans now. It makes the best fuckin oven-pizza. It keeps my socks warm when I leave them on the 360, no joke either....toasty socks before heading to work, are the best

Wii = If you call it a lollipop, then why are you suckin on it so hard Jack Tretton? Seems like George Michael, picked you up, before you go-go, and gave you some tips on how to suck.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!