Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I almost have a complete Genesis collection

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I almost have a complete Genesis collection

This week I purchsed some loose Genesis games which brings me up to; 659 games. Which mean I only have 49 games to go. After nearly five years of collecting I'm almost home. This will also be my first complete collection.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarianoutkast85 View Post
    This week I purchsed some loose Genesis games which brings me up to; 659 games. Which mean I only have 49 games to go. After nearly five years of collecting I'm almost home. This will also be my first complete collection.
    Congrats!!

What 49 games do you need...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

It took me as long to wrap up my Genesis set. Congrats on getting close, you will reach the top. I recommend putting a want list in buying and selling, stating what games you are missing and what condition you are looking for(loose, boxed) etc. Let me know what you are looking for, as there is some Genesis around here. If it wasnt for this site, I would not of completed my set. Collecting Genesis is the road less traveled.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good luck on the final hunt. I fall in and out of my quest for a genesis collection, I haven't done an exact count lately but at last I checked I was sitting at around 450 games, around 300 boxes, and around 250 manuals. I usually pick up stuff locally or from people here unless I find some amazing deals in my random ebay checks. Do you have a list of your final needs? I could see if any of them are sitting around the local shops in my area.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarianoutkast85 View Post
    How many of those 659 are loose and how many are boxed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Congrats Barbarian! Once you get those final 49 pics you really need to head over to SEGA-16.com and tell those folks about it! Even send in pictures and write up a piece... they'll gladly publish your tale in one of those Genesis Book editions. Tell 'em LARGE MARGE SENT YA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ahem. Carry on.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats on the close to being finished. I'd doubt the last 49 of your set will take to long, and as others have said be sure to look around on here and post about what you need in buying & selling forums.

As for my situation, I have 70 boxed, most with manuals and another 76 loose carts. I stopped buying loose games unless it were a remarkable bargin and have been seeking out boxes + manuals for over a year now. There are very, very few sports titles I own so it saves space but I'd guess you have most of those buy now. Just let us know if there's anything you need.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's awesome!
    I'd like to start working towards a complete Genesis set someday down the line. But it just seems like a big mountain to climb. Make sure to post some pics when you polish it off!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

grats!

IF anything was holding me back on Genesis collecting its the fact that it was a sports heavy console.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Congrats, i'm working slowly towards a complete set(all games CIB that is as well). Right now I am at around 160 or so. With at least 100-120 boxed at least. And once I decided to collect for it I decided not to spend over $5 on any game. Which I have been good about and it has been good for me too. I've gotten some of the rare/expensive games for mad cheap.

Dave

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr. View Post
    But it just seems like a big mountain to climb.
    Says the guy with a complete NES collection!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

You should really post which ones you still need. I'm sure there's some folks here that might be able to help you finish your collection off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will work on making a list of the titles I need. I'm not very anal about the games being complete. Only half of my Genesis games are complete. (So naturally after I finish the collection, I'll have to start looking for the cases and what not that I need.) As long as the cart sticker isnt beat up. Anywho MOST of the games I need arent super rare, I could probably find most of them on Ebay, but I've made it this far over the last five years without using Ebay so I plan on finishing the collection without Ebay. Anyway I'm starting to ramble so in short I will make a list of the remaining games I need to complete the collection and post them here. Then hopefully I could get the rest of the games threw buying/trading other DPers. Anyway thanks for the help and support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats Man! I know the feeling, im down to needing only 4 NES Games to have every US released the game. The thing is they are all $300.00+ games lol :-( One of em is even an $1,100 game. :-( So ill prolly have to hold off a little while before i go down that road. lol. i dont know if its the same for genesis as it is for NES, but my advice is if you can get a CIB for a few bucks more than a loose cart always go the extra mile and get the CIB. Will hold its value better plus helps incase ya ever wanna CIB all of them. Which you prolly will. Oh and another thing for you guys looking for cases and manuals for your loose genesis games, shoot me a PM, i know a guy who has thousands for sale. and very nicely priced too :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Barbarian, hit me up with a need list, I am selling off most of my Genesis stuff.

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I've always enjoyed playing games more than collecting them, so complete collections (of any system) are insane to me. Do you guys even play these games? I really hope you do. I suppose, "to each their own" applies here. As long as you're getting some sort of satisfaction, who cares?
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play a classic game almost every single day when i get some spare time, and wednesday nights normally have some freiends over and we rock some oldschool stuff. If i didnt play em i wouldnt have em. I was more of a player too, but then got sucked into the collecing part of it as well. :-)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cool.

I need just over 100 myself. It's getting tougher, or er, more expensive at this point to coolect for the Genesis. Games like M.U.S.H.A., Master of Monsters, Joshua, etc. are selling for more than I anticipated, but not too much that I won't eventually go after them.

Good luck getting those 49. It's surprising that your first complete collection will be one this large. Most people seem to start with something smaller for 'warm-up'.

Completing all the boxes and manuals is a toughie. Five years ago it was easy, now it's rather difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question, for Steven. Sega-16 would let me write up a little story about finishing my collection? Because that would be right up my alley, because thats what I do for a living. (A sports writer, for the Daily Item newspaper)

Anywho I read all the posts and here are the answers to some of the questions I've been asked;
    Q: How many games do I have complete
    A: I counted them yesterday I have 319 games complete. (Case, Cart, Manual) I have roughly 50 titles that I have the cart and manual.

I just picked up a few games nothing too rare, Aerobiz Super Sonic and Cannon Fodder. Cannon Fodder complete, Aerobiz Super Sonic loose.

So now its only 47 to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I hate the genesis. Get a list together of what your still missing and if I got anything maybe we can work on a trade so we both end up happy.