I'm seriously like a day or two away from being able to access the marketplace forum. In the meantime I've stumbled across a great (I think?) deal and I need to know whether to go ahead and bite. I ask for a vote of forgiveness, but you're all collectors and I hope you understand the urgency of not missing a find.

A guy in my hometown (no shipping!) is offering the following for $400, complete only. I've cut and pasted from his email here:

Sega Master System Complete with approx 5 games
Several NES and a SNES and (1) N64...not sure of status of these they worked before i put them in tubs..no games. NES wireless controllers, light gun GAMEBOY VirtuaBOY complete with approx 10+ games (including some imports from Japan) battery pack and ac adapter
ColecoVision with driving controller 3 power supplies, 20+ games Atari 2600: 1 original brown system, 2 later black systems and 2 mini 2600 systems. keypad controllers, ac adapters, driving paddles, reg padddles, multiple joysticks, the elusive trackball controller, 1 rapid fire inline joystick plug (so you dont have to keep hitting the button), 100+ games Atari 7800 (2 Systems) complete and games Sega Master System and approx 5 games Sega Genesis (2 I think) along with (2) 32X adapters, and 2 SEGA CD units. CD Games and 32X games (only a few 32X and about 5-10 CD Games) A Sega Driving controller for Genesis (2) Game Gear and cartridges...approx 10-20 games (missing battery covers but run on Genesis AC adapters) An ORIGINAL Radio Shack PONG that Ive had since new in like 1976. Battery controlled....still locating the gun to go with it..somewhere around here. 1 Tiger Game Com system and approx 6-10 carts 1 Turbo GRAFX 16 system and controller...unsure of it as I havent used it in forever Various loose controllers and parts for all systems above and some misc stuff for SEGA Saturn..(controllers and 1 master Sega SATURN unit..unsure of its abilities) and most stuff is in tubs, this is as complete as I can be on this stuff. Nothing is in original boxes however one 32X and one Sega CD Unit are and I have an Original Mint SNES Box (Empty). Other multi system items etc will be tossed into the lot as found...various pieces, parts, controllers, games. However this is the FINAL list for the lot. 1 AURA Interactor chest pack with multigame adapter (Sega systems, etc) and ac adapter...this is a old type feedback unit that made you feel the games with like a vibration to your body. Complete unit Everything has been adult owned and used most since brand new I just couldnt keep all the boxes and stuff so i streamlined and just used the systems for enjoyment. Wasnt planning on keeping everything in a museum so to speak so everything is used, most need a good cleaning, dusting etc. No warranties on anything and no repairs being offered as I am not a repairman for game systems. "AS IS" I have tried to be as descriptive as possible.

Should I do it? I'm not interested in the Atari stuff, so I'm thinking I can resell the unwanted over time and recoup my costs. Seems too good to be true, but it's a lot to drop at once with no guarantee.

Please help.