Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .....

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default .....

Last edited by Nintendo Gamer; 01-25-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep. He's not exactly a one trick pony, but he's definitely a celebrity I'm tired of looking at.

Strawberry (Level 2) Super Mario Fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Am I tired of seeing all the dumb games they shove him in? Oh hell yes!

Am I tired of Mario? Never.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do agree that nintendo should try and make some more new franchises, they always seem to fall back onto mario when it comes to making alot of their games, especialy sports titles. Mario sells games though so who can blame them, and I probably will never get tired of seeing his games.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They should gear it back, I could handle one mario game a year. Either an actual platformer or an offshoot, One or the other, choose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa View Post
    They should gear it back, I could handle one mario game a year. Either an actual platformer or an offshoot, One or the other, choose.
    You know that actualy might do them so good, I mean it will never happen, but take a look at the zelda series. Every zelda game that comes out are pure zelda games, and maybe one comes out every year or two, but when they do there is a TON of hype and their sales are tremendous. Theres no zelda cart racing or zelda tennis (yet, lol) but imagine if mario stuck to his platformer roots only, Imagine that mario galaxy was the only new super mario game to come out on a console since mario sunshine (or better yet what if it was the only one since mario 64). I bet they would be the most anticipated games around (atleast for nintendo), but since we always see new mario games of all gametypes always coming out its alittle less exciting when a new mario game is announced, sorta...

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm tired of the mario spinoffs too. I don't enjoy Mario Kart anymore (I only liked the 64 version and sort of liked Double Dash), I've never liked Mario Party, and Mario Soccer doesn't interest me. I did kind of like Mario Tennis though, so maybe that will be better on Wii.

I'm never tired of the main Mario platformers though. Hopefully Mario Galaxy is good.

Quote Originally Posted by R-21 View Post
    I know Mario is basically Nintendo's mascot but I rather see them create new IPs and help further others (Earthbound, Pikmin, Advance Wars, etc.). Of course that doesn't mean the new Mario games suck, cause thats not at all true. But when I saw that Mario/Sonic game, they are just over doing it now, imo.
    I completely agree with all of that......as long as the controls in Olympics end up being stupid.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would mention Kid Icarus, but I became sick of mentioning his name about 5 years ago.

He's gonna be in the new Smash Brothers I think, but wow, I got so sick of defending this old school character now it just makes me sick to say or think about him.

Kirby has also been pimped to the point of obscurity much like Mario.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm.. i dunno. Can't say i get the real Mario feeling from the newer games tho (maybe Super Paper Mario is an exception, i havnt tried it yet). I would love that Nintendo would release a true sequel to Super Mario World and release it for GBA, but that wont happend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they made him look a little too faggy now with his big ass eyeballs. It wasn't always that way. And also his bullshit "voice" they now associated with him with the whole "mama mia" and "it's a meee mario". Fugget already

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes I'm sick and fucking tired of fucking Mario... he's the fucking Paris Hilton of the video game world... look at me, look at me, I'm Mario, and I'm famous!

his famous quote sums it all up perfectly:

"It's-a me... Mario!"

the guy is a fucking fame whore... just like Paris Hilton... he licenses his name and likeness to any game or product that will further his never ending quest for more fame and fortune... everyone is sick and fucking tired of helping him to rescue Princess Peach, so now he's got himself a new Bitch to rescue... but it's still the same old fucking thing... help Mario to rescue the helpless Bitch... sure, there's all the party games and stuff too, but what do you do in those? help Mario to further inflate his ego by helping him to sell even more games than he already has... you are Mario's Bitch... Mario is your Hero...

yes, I do own quite a few of his games myself, and I have played many more of them than I actually own... so I have played most of them at one time or another... and yes I did enjoy them... but I am just so fucking tired of that little shit... it seems that everywhere you go, there's that fucking Mario...

but what can we do about it? we all love Mario... and we always will... even if we only love to hate him... just like Paris Hilton... he's an icon of human culture... and the little fucker isn't even human... sure he looks human, but he's really just a pattern of pixels... nothing more than a bunch of flashing lights... so no wonder he's so fucking famous... the son of a Bitch is like fucking Times Square... from Tokyo to New York City, from up above to down under, from coast to coast, Mario is worldwide... he's a global phenomenon!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario Fan View Post
    Am I tired of seeing all the dumb games they shove him in? Oh hell yes!

Am I tired of Mario? Never.
    QFT. One platform game every generation is horrible. Even though new Sonic games aren't as good, at least we get them. I want another big Mario trilogy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Super Mario Sunshine you had to use a water cannon to clean up the environment!!! what the fuck!?!?! they should have just put Al Gore in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

I was tired of seeing Mario years ago. Pretty much ever since Mario 64. And YES, I am that one guy who didn't like Mario 64. Call me old fashioned but I like my Mario's running to the right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not necessarily tired of Mario (don;t think I really can ever be honestly) but I would certainly like to see some other mascots. Maybe more Donkey Kong, maybe bring back Bonk, maybe more Kirby....I dunno....or maybe someone *gasp* fresh and new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I've been sick of the entire Nintendo character entourage, for a while now.

And I'm also sick of Nintendo making a new Kart game, every 2 weeks.

I've been screaming for years, for Nintendo to come up with some new IP's. And no that the Wii is out, it's beginning to fall into the same territory again.

Same shit, new machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

Mario=Sales

As demonstated by the countless Mario Parties. Third party publishers have been a bit wary of Nintendo for the past few console generations and who can blame them? Good third party games often get ignored on Nintendo platforms; it seems that a large percentage of Nintendo console owners are really only interested in Nintendo games. Third parties often use Mario as a way of targeting the consumer and sell more games. That's why he's in SSX, that's why he's in loads of sports titles and that's why Nintendo continues to pimp him out.
    Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Na, Mario hasn't driven me completely bananas yet. Sonic, however, is a totally different story. How many good Sonic games have come out in the past 10 years? Sonic Rush is the only one that comes to mind.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with crazyjackcsa. The new Mario just isn't being hyped enough.
    Last edited by chicnstu; 07-20-2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: None of your damn business
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

What the fuck? How could anyone be sick of Mario?

Dude's like my fav cartoon character. His platforming games are far and few between, and I'm fine with that, and his spinoff games tend to be, with few exceptions, pure gold, so I'm fine with that too.

Just don't see the problem. The only mario series that really gets pimped out is Mario Party, which is a yearly endeavor. Everything else is like, one game per console. Consider:

Mario platformer series: 1 on SNES, 1 on N64, 1 on GC, and so far 1 on wii. Also 1 on the DS.

Mario RPG series: 1 on SNES, 1 on N64, 1 on GC, 1 on GBA, 1 on DS.

Mario Kart: 1 SNES, 1 n64, 1 gba, 1 GC, 1 DS, 1 wii

Mario tennis: 1 on virtual boy, 1 on gbc, 1 on n64, 1 on gc

Mario vs Donkey Kong: 1 on gb(sorta), 1 on gba, 1 on DS

Yoshi series: 1 on SNES, 1 on N64, 1 on DS

Strikers: 1 on GC, 1 on Wii

I could go on, but you get the point. Mario has a lot of series, which is the only reason he seems so commonplace. But the games in those series tend to come out very rarely. I'd rather that then the alternative Sega seems to opt for, which is forget every fucking popular franchise ever except for Sonic.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives