Thread: What would you do?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What would you do?

The other day I was driving around in a nearby city (half of us are from MI, I'm not going to blurt anything out), but now that I think about it I might have found something of interest. I saw a camera store that had a Nintendo repair sign on the front window. It had Mario with a screwdriver in his hand, much like what's on the back of some manuals and such. It wasn't some handmade sign or anything, it was plastic. I didn't really think much of it, but scanning eBay reminded me, NES test carts are worth quite a bit.

What would you do? Should I go back and try to find the place? If I actually found it, what could I possibly find? I thought these Repair Centers were a thing of the past. Would these kind of people actually sell me anything of value? Would they have anything of value?

I've got a feeling I wouldn't find crap, either that, or I'd find something of real value but it wouldn't be for sale. Realistically though, how else do you come across an NES test cart? You're not likely to find one at a garage sale or something. I'd assume that most people have found these kind of things from similar stores. Thoughts?

-Hitman-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I don't think you should get too psyched up. The places I went to that had these signs were mainly just drop off points for your hardware. The place would then send your deck in for repair or would offer you a refurbished one on hand for so much money. The people who worked there did nothing more than box the machines up and send them. This is at the places near where I live, so other locations may differ. But I have a feeling that was standard operating procedure at most places.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if you don't wanna try for it I will!I say go for it,you have nothing to loose,accept time. :/