Thread: What should I do with a non-paying buyer?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

Default What should I do with a non-paying buyer?

A buyer bought a game from me last week and still hasn't paid. I have sent him an invoice twice and messaged him as well.

I was thinking about marking it as unpaid, but then my friend said I should just leave it as is because the person could give me negative feedback.

I have never had a non-paying buyer so I am unsure what to do. What do you guys suggest?
    Last edited by Big Papa Husker; 07-25-2007 at 02:15 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Did you file a non-paying report against the buyer? If you do, and the guy never responds to it you can get your fees back, he gets a strike, and he can't neg you. If he negs you when you file the report, and he never replies, the neg will be removed.

I'm sure you hate negs, but there's no reason why you should let people who don't pay get away with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Husker View Post
    A buyer bought a game from me last week and still hasn't paid. I have sent him an invoice twice and messaged him as well.

I was thinking about marking it as unpaid, but then my friend said I should just leave it as is because the person could give me negative feedback.

I have never had a non-paying buyer so I am unsure what to do. What do you guys suggest?

Consider yourself blessed that this is your first time with this.

First, I'd try requesting the bidder reimburse me for fees, we exchange positive, and then I relist.

If that fails and if it was an expensive item, I would go through the non-bidder process. That way you at least get your closing fees back.
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Did you file a non-paying report against the buyer? If you do, and the guy never responds to it you can get your fees back, he gets a strike, and he can't neg you. If he negs you when you file the report, and he never replies, the neg will be removed.

I'm sure you hate negs, but there's no reason why you should let people who don't pay get away with this.
    Is the part about a neg being removed true? I have a buyer who bought 20 games (each individually) and did not pay. He also did not respond to the report. I would love to get him on all 20 items but 20 negatives seem daunting.
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes View Post
    Is the part about a neg being removed true? I have a buyer who bought 20 games (each individually) and did not pay. He also did not respond to the report. I would love to get him on all 20 items but 20 negatives seem daunting.
    Yes, it is. I once had a guy buy two items immediately and he negged me right away. I filed a complaint after a week, the guy never replied to me, and I had the negs removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

I have sent him two or three messages since the auction ended on the 21st and he hasn't responded to any. On the "Items you've sold" list none of the little icons are filled in; even the cart.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just go through the non-paying bidder process. It's the only way to get guys who don't pay kicked off. eBay removes feedback from bidders who do not pay and does not give them the opportunity to leave feedback at all once the case is closed.