Thread: Overlord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Overlord

Just a question can't seem to find the entrance to the dwarf city from Everest. Is there something I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Currently Playing:
    X-Box 360: Rock Band, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Mass Effect, Scene IT DVD (360) Bully (360 Version)

Can't wait for Bioshock 2 !!!

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The enterence to the Dwarf City is behind Oberon the Elf Hero. Kill him and your path is opened. It's odd you mention that, because I notice they give you that objective before they tell you to kill him.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks

Found that out after i killed him yesterday. Great game but can't stand the camera angles.

Dig Dug
    Currently Playing:
    X-Box 360: Rock Band, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Mass Effect, Scene IT DVD (360) Bully (360 Version)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

also it really needs a beefy PC to run it well. I'm using 800x600 resolution and most all details at high minus distance and AA. It works..but still chugs quite a bit. If I didn't have my 7800GS in this rig I don't think it would be able to play it at all.

I also don't care much for the camera angles. And I don't like the fact that while the control is simplied and basically Pikmin like, I still don't feel that I have good control over the minions most of the time.

Also the reason for the missions being dished out the way they do, is they are obviously triggered by scripts when you pass certain areas in the game. That particular one is placed fairly early into the forest once you find the great tree. Odd...but there are LOTS of mission dished out in very odd ways like this.

The other thing I hate is the damn Succubuses?! There has got to be some decent strategy for taking them down?! You meet one sorta early in the plague town swamp, but then once you get into town...

Well..I won't give it away...but there is a spot where you have to deal with more than one of these witches and it is a real minion killer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been hearing good mojo about this game but won't get to play it until around the 9th when Gametap adds it to their library. I'm pretty pumped for it. Looks/sounds cool as hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My best advice for those Succubus bitches, is Green Minions. They do wonders and attack and jump at anything in the sky.

Fair warning to everyone, there is a glitch in the Dwarven Brewery that I came across. When you get one of the pieces for the cog-wheel to turn to bring up the elevator...make sure NOT to return to your Tower at the gateway point. See, what happened to me, is I accidentally hit "accept" and when I came back, the piece to complete the cog-wheel disappeared completely and I could NOT continue the game at all. So I had to restart the entire game from scratch. I was pretty pissed. You'll run into some glitches like some Minions will not obey or freeze when they run into a wall, but will automatically snap out of it, when you call back your minions.

overall, I love this game, but glitches like I mentioned above are a pain in the ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, i have almost given up on this game, I can't get jewel corned to go into the tower portal any suggestions?

This has made me furious with the terrible camera angles.

Dig Dug
    Currently Playing:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay...now I'm stuck here in this game. I managed to solve all the quests thus far minus one. That quest is none other than finding the second smelter in the understreets? I have travelled everywhere I can see and find in the understreets but haven't found anything remotely like the smelter I got earlier in the game towards the beginning?

I have gone from one end of the understreets to the other and nothing? Anyone else find this damn thing yet? I also chose to stick with Rose when I was given the choice between her and Velvet. Not sure if that was wise or not as the Blues don't seem to be any stronger than they were before. And yes, I did upgrade them in my private quarters.

So back to the Smelter in the Understreets...anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digdug View Post
    Ok, i have almost given up on this game, I can't get jewel corned to go into the tower portal any suggestions?

This has made me furious with the terrible camera angles.

Dig Dug

Damn you're close to the end.

Okay put markers in 6 areas with at least 4 minions each (In the intersections) to block jewel. She can run, but she can't hide very well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post
    Okay...now I'm stuck here in this game. I managed to solve all the quests thus far minus one. That quest is none other than finding the second smelter in the understreets? I have travelled everywhere I can see and find in the understreets but haven't found anything remotely like the smelter I got earlier in the game towards the beginning?

I have gone from one end of the understreets to the other and nothing? Anyone else find this damn thing yet? I also chose to stick with Rose when I was given the choice between her and Velvet. Not sure if that was wise or not as the Blues don't seem to be any stronger than they were before. And yes, I did upgrade them in my private quarters.

So back to the Smelter in the Understreets...anyone?

Okay right before you enter the inner city (from the understreets). There are some stairs blocked by fire to your right (Near the gateway portal), get some red minions to clear the path and you'll find the Smelter easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah...i saw that path. Cleared it...it eventually runs in a big circle all the way back the other way the requires Blues to get through it since it has water. I've seen no smelter. However, I was playing again today, and realized there was an whole other section of the drawves I hadn't done yet. So I finally got the brewer and the smelter you can get from there. However, I'm going back an autosave because with over 40k in gold already, I think I should save the Elven women this time...hehe...

I'll go back to the area you're talking about and look again...but I'm fairly certain the spot your talking about was devoid of anything smelter like in appearance. I do remember first coming down here and suddenly like 20 zombies showing up. Got my butt kicked the first time and quit back to the tower to build up more minions. But upon coming back to that large room...it has nothing in it save for some chests...barrels..etc. I'm wondering if this could be another glitch like the ones in the dwarven area? Hmmm...God I hope not!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all your help, ALMOST gave up on getting Jewel cornered. I got her finally (I think by mistake).

Onto Kahn now, and then the stupid wizard.

Great game concept i just think it needed about another month worth of polish on the camera angles.
    Currently Playing:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all your help, ALMOST gave up on getting Jewel cornered. I got her finally (I think by mistake).

Onto Kahn now, and then the stupid wizard.

Great game concept i just think it needed about another month worth of polish on the camera angles.
    That and it needs some serious patches to fix those glitches!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know..I kinda like the unlimited minions glitch when forging armor and weapons...hehe. In fact sometimes I wonder if glitches aren't the modern easter eggs of yester year?

I did finally find that smelter. And I can't believe I have passed by that section soooo many times and didn't go that way. Basically I was always going in there with greens or browns and then end up using blues most of the way. You don't get reds until further up so you basically have to enter the understreets with reds already in tow or else you forget to go back there to clear out that path as I did. I'm more amazed that with all the areas where I HAD to use blues, that the lower section of the understreets wasn't nearly as wet as the top?

Anyway, I'm in the desert now and totally stuck. Those sand worms just plain suck?! Is there anyway at all to kill them? And there isn't much of anywhere for me to go since I can't break through those bone barriers. I guess I have to revisit all the other places now and find something that I've apparently not grabbed and brought back to the tower yet...ugh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The way I did it was use one minion and grab an egg and that brings the flying thing out and the worm eats the flying thing then it blows up the worm.

I am stuck on the last wizard guy, i can get him down the first round but on the second round I have a hard time getting him. I seem to have the minions surround him but don't do much damage.

Thanks
    Currently Playing:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The way I did it was use one minion and grab an egg and that brings the flying thing out and the worm eats the flying thing then it blows up the worm.

I am stuck on the last wizard guy, i can get him down the first round but on the second round I have a hard time getting him. I seem to have the minions surround him but don't do much damage.

Thanks
    The wizard repeated the same pattern for me. So the next time I caught him doing the same attack as he first began, I took my advantage. I also found out, that he does NOT like Green Minions, they cause the most damage on him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Good lord. I have this on the 360, and just reading these comments makes me think the game is going to be far too complicated for my little mind. I don't even have the red minions yet.

And I completely agree about the camera angles. As for the glitch that made you start over, IGN found the same thing:

The real issue with Overlord comes with the bugs. It seems that the mid-dungeon teleportation platforms have serious problems. Using one made the game forever think that I was just beginning a quest as I entered an area, replaying a cutscene that introduced a now dead boss. Another time, using the teleporter erased a key item, preventing me from moving ahead in the game. The game autosaves every time you use a teleporter, so unless you're starting a new save slot every time you load your game (a process that requires several extra and seemingly pointless steps), there is a potential to kill your game at any moment. My game was killed. After roughly 11 hours of playing, the game broke.

Ugh.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation nice job dig dug

i hear you beat the game dig dug......nice job....and the ending was great...