Thread: Looking for a Neo-Geo Console (CD,AES, or MVS Motherboard)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looking for a Neo-Geo Console (CD,AES, or MVS Motherboard)

Hello all. I'm giving up and going to try and get the console that has eluded me for the longest time here on digitpress. I am a huge arcade fan, and I want a Neo-Geo. I'm not very particular on the model. It can be AES, CD, CD-Z, or even just an MVS board. If its a CD you have for sale, I'm not going to be very particular about whether games are included or not, as the games have no copy protection and I can burn one to test it out. If its an AES or MVS, I'd like a dirt common game, just something to play so I know that it works. I know they aren't too hard to find on ebay, but its always from some guy in Hong Kong or Japan that will charge $80 to ship it on top of the $160 for the base cost (i.e. I could just buy my own Wii with that and wait for the Neo Geo games to get the VC treatment).

If you have a spare or you just don't want it anymore, then name a price. If I think it's fair, I'll gather up some money and buy it. Please be aware, I'm 15 and I don't have a job, I'm not always loaded with cash, so I might not be able to pay for the item when you have it for sale.

Also, I have a Neo Geo pocket already, so please don't offer those

Thanks in advance for the offers!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will part with my

Neo Geo CD
    Neo Geo AES w/ Samurai Showdown

I can also get more AES games depending on what you want. I do live in Japan but I am from Ohio (US Military) I can ship it really cheap. Make offers.

Ryan

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're 15 and don't have a job, I wouldn't recommend getting an AES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You do have a point there my friend, . I love the system so much, I just want one with maybe 5 games. We used to have a MVS Cabinet, but my dad gutted it and sold the board on eBay. I loved the whole idea of interchangeable carts on an arcade system. I had heard about the AES before but never really looked into it. And it interested me, an exact port of an arcade game at the same time the arcade game came out still amazes me. I understand it is the same hardware, but it just always seemed really attractive.

And trust me, it is not a console I plan to ultra seriously collect for for a very long time. I just want a system and a couple of common games. Oh, whats that one called, Metal Slug? I should be able to get that one cheap.... (sarcasm!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

For the best selection of titles get an MVS board or CMVS. I've had all 3 and trust me MVS is best.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've thought about that, but I really would prefer a CD/AES simply for the fact that I won't need to get a Supergun or get someone to set it up for use on a regular tv.
    Last edited by ssjlance; 08-02-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The extra cost you'd pay for a Consolized MVS (already setup to plug into your TV/stereo) will save you tons of money in the long run by buying MVS carts as opposed to the MVS counterparts. And they are the exact same games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know, its just that the extra cost I'd have to pay would be around the same as an AES plus converter, give or take $100. Plus, I prefer just having the actual console, for reasons I'm not really sure of. I just like the idea of the AES more than the MVS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

Quote Originally Posted by ssjlance View Post
    I know, its just that the extra cost I'd have to pay would be around the same as an AES plus converter, give or take $100. Plus, I prefer just having the actual console, for reasons I'm not really sure of. I just like the idea of the AES more than the MVS.
    The converters are never 100% accurate. It's always a case-by-case basis with them. They still have scaling issues with a handful of games and still wont play some games sometimes.

You can always consolize a board yourself, it isnt hard. There are many step by step guides that you can find on the net. Plus certain 1 slot boards already have controller ports so that is one of the steps eliminated right there. If I use a 1 slot with controller ports I can do a basic consolization within an hour. All you need is a power supply and an RGB>NTSC converter and thats it.

If you dont mind load times I would reccomend you get the Neo CD as you can just burn the game you want and put it on a CD and play it.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssjlance View Post
    i know what your talking about. these other guys are right, an MVS is probibly the more cost effective and overall better choice going with pure utilitarian purposes. but theres just something about the mystique of an AES, its just sexy. I just got into the Neo scene not long ago and did alot of research on what to buy that best met my needs, the best choice for me was an consolized MVS

I bought an AES......just something about them....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have thought about the CD, although I have a general preference of cartridges. Thats my only problem with the CD, though.

And its nice to see someone who agrees with me. I just like the way it looks. Also, there is a little bit of pride in having it. It's like the Lamborghini of classic consoles

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless you are a masochist, don't get a Neo CD. You can make sandwiches in the time it takes to load those games.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

have you tried looking in the forums at neo-geo.com

theres always AES, cd systems or whatever there for sale. included modded AES systems if thats what your looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can deal with that, although I have a prospective Neo Geo right now. It's pretty beat up (missing the power switch and has a piece of plastic chipped off the back), but I don't mind that right now. It'll be great to hold me over till I can afford a really nice shape one in the box for collecting purposes. This is a console I'm really just interested in having to play at the moment, not display Comes with two working games and a third the guy couldn't get to work. Magician Lord and Baseball Stars work and come in their boxes, Fatal Fury is cart only and he couldn't get it working.

And I havbe looked over there, but it seemed a real pain to do. Also, the prices aren't any better than eBay for the most part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, I was reading a previous post and noticed this:

Quote Originally Posted by XianXi
    Plus certain 1 slot boards already have controller ports so that is one of the steps eliminated right there.
    I believe most One slots don't. From my knowledge, most of the ones with controller ports are 2 or more slots. Also, does anyone know why they have them on there? The on we used to have had them and I could never figure out why they had them on there....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

i have a neo geo cd system? what do you wanna pay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be honest,as little as your willing to take. Give me an idea of how low you can go and I'll either tell you it's acceptable or see if we can make it acceptable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

i have absolutely no idea, except that digital press says 150 is the value, i dont have the controllers, i have the joysticks, there are 2, and dp says they are worth 40 each. I checked on ebay and all the ones on there are japanese imports. So i might just try ebay, you can make me an offer and ill see what i think. thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In your iterest, put it on eBay. You'll get more than I'll offer, as my guess. Depending on how many games you can ship me, I'd say $150 or so is about right. Little more with games, of course.