Thread: Current gen game hunting

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Current gen game hunting

Is it me or has anyone else had to go to various EB/Gamestop, Best buys and CC just to get a new release that's less than popular but still rare
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

I don't see very many Marvel UA Gold Editions around...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

I had to do this with the Red Star. It pissed me off that I had to hunt down a new released game. After 3 stores I gave up and went to the internet for it.
    SEGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm lucky to have a lot of stores around me that tend to get in current gen games on a fairly regular basis. There's a computer store with a game department that still gets in games like The Red Star every once in a while.

At a GameStop out of town, I came across a copy of Ratatoullie for the Xbox, which I hadn't seen in any other store before. The game's been put out on all the other consoles except that one, or so I had thought. I was honestly surprised that anyone was still supporting the original Xbox at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Isnt PS2/Xbox/GC now officially "last gen" ?

It really doesnt matter to me since I consider myself now officially a "last gen collector" well for PS2 anyway.

There is a Walmart and a local Hastings in my area and the Walmart always has the most recent releases for both PS2 (still has just the same amount of shelf space as the Wii and Xbox360/PS3 so far) and Xbox 1 (mostly sports games) and even a few "new" Gamecube games.

The Hasting has a GREAT selection of used PS2 and Xbox 1 games soo many in fact that I hate not having the $$$ to invest in all the great games that are mostly $10 $15 and $20 for both systems even though I dont have a working Xbox1. Their Xbox1 used section has lots of collectors edition games also like Doom3 $10.00 and Dead or Alive ultimate $19.99 etc and a few Xbox360 games like Ridge Racer 6 and the outfit for $9.99.

In fact they were selling all Xbox1 sports games under '06 for $2.00 A piece a couple weeks ago.

The PS2 used section seems to get constant rotation but has more than a few games that have well over 5 copies stacked together for around $6 or $7 like state of emergency and has well over 15 copies of that powerdrone game setting on a bottom shelf

The only thing that is lacking or actually getting completely killed off at the store that sells the used games is the Gamecube section wich is now down to next to nothing although they still have a FEW AAA GC games like Metroid Prime 2 USED at $30.00 the GC section is definitely getting phased out now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lately I find myself buying games from online retailers mostly. Amazon is a big one, as I can find almost anything I'm looking for.

Of course I'm still playing last gen consoles, haven't jumped into the next generation yet.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazon is the best. With Prime, you get free 2-day shipping, no tax, and no hassles. It's win-win.

Only downside is that they suck for pre-orders, since they get their games last, after Gamestop, EB, et al. get their orders filled.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Default Best Buy has served me well

I don't think I've ever had a problem finding what I'm looking for (new, anyway) at Best Buy. For Disgaea 2, I went to 2 different Gamestops before giving up and going to BB.

That kind of thing happens a lot. Katamari Damacy, Makai Kingdom, Guilty Gear Judgment, and many more. For that reason and others I try and avoid Gamestop/EB/etc. if I can help it.

Otherwise, for used or rare games, yeah. To the internet.

G-Boobie, out.