Thread: Your Most Played Gaming History...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your Most Played Gaming History...

Ok, so I just responded to the "Top 10 Personal Favorites" thread in the classic gaming section. It really made me think about my history with game playing (been doing it since I was in Kindergarten with the NES). Now, in the past couple of years, I haven't been playing many games at all really. Too busy with other endeavors. But as I look back, I can trace the games that I played the most at a certain time. You know, there is always one game that you keep playing for a certain period the most. Maybe you never stop playing that game, but you often move on. A lot of the games that I played like this, I wouldn't even rate on my top 30, but at one point in the past they were games that I played the most. So here is my history, please post yours!

1. Super Mario Brothers 1/2/3, Super Mario Land 1:

When I was younger, these 4 games were the ones that I played over and over. I had a lot of GameBoy & NES games, but I would definitely say these were the 4 games that I truly loved during that time period.

2. Street Fighter II Arcade:

When I was in 2nd/3rd grade, I remember I used to go to the local mall a lot with my grandmother. I started playing Street Fighter 1 with those punch-button controls under the influence of my 18 year old brother, but when I saw SFII for the first time I was in love. I went and played for a couple of hours almost every week, and I could beat a lot of the older players. I was pretty good with every character. I stopped playing Street Fighter 2 at the arcade when Turbo/CE came out, because I had them at home and the level of play at the arcade got a little too much for my 10 year old self.

3. Mortal Kombat 1/2/3 & NBA Jam Series

I used to go to Putt-Putt Golf & Games every Saturday morning for their Saturday Special. You could get 40 Tokens, a game of golf, icecream, and 2 slices of pizza for something like $15. I loved these 2 series by acclaim and played them all the time in the arcade, and at home on the Genesis/Super NES. I don't care for these games anymore, but I used to be a huge basketball fan, so NBA Jam was like a dream to me at the time. MK3 actually came a bit later when the PS1 first hit. I knew all the combos and fatalities at the time, but I have no desire to play this game today.

4. Super Mario 64 [N64]

I remember finally finding an N64 for sale and I got it with this game. I had kind of small expectations of it after seeing it in the store (blocky polygons didn't do it for me), but I really thought the N64 was going to be amazing. After getting this game, my first impressions were totally blown away, and I played it until I got all 120 stars.

5. Cool Boarders [PSX]

I loved this game at the time of its release. I used to play it all the time, trying to beat my and my friends' times.

5. Golden Eye [N64]

I wasn't into games with movie licenses ever, so this game was under the radar for me. However, one of my good friends bought it and I read all the stellar reviews, so I ended up buying it and playing it to death. Most kids playing games in HS at the time were doing the same.

6. Myth: TFL / Myth 2: Soulblighter

Wow. My favorite game series of all time, hands down. I played these games online far too much. I played almost everyday for 3 years. I'm not a fan of PC games, and I never have been a fan of RPGs or RTS games. But this game was so amazing online. I used to play in all the big tournaments and was always one of the top ranked players on Bungie.net. During the time of playing this series, I pretty much quit console gaming completely...except for...

7. Gran Turismo 1 / Metal Gear Solid

These are 2 games that I was heavily into on the PSX. As stated before, I was mainly playing the Myth on my Mac, but these are the 2 I played on the console at the time.

8. Halo

As a Bungie fan, I bought the Xbox for this game. In fact I never bought any other Xbox game aside from this. I played the solo campaign, until I beat every level by myself on Legendary. Then I found some friends at school that I played heads-up & 4 player multi-player for $1 a game with. That was addictive!

9. Rez

Used to puff blunts and play this game for hours. I probably played this game for 100 hours. When I got to Japan, I bought the Japanese version with the Trance Vibrator and have unlocked everything all over again. It is a fun game to show to people who don't know about it.

10. Street Fighter II: Hyper Anniversary // Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike

Until about 2 months ago, I played this game for an hour everyday in the local arcade in Tokyo for about 3 years. The level of play at the arcade is pretty good, and I sucked at first. I hadn't played a fighting game competitively since the Mortal Kombat days. Slowly, I stepped up my parrying game, and I am a slightly above average player now. Still, there are so many insanely good players here. Arcade is only 3 minutes walk from my apartment though, so I still play it quite a bit!

Anyway, I think that is a good break down of my most played games ever. Goldeneye, Cool Boarders, MK Series, NBA Jam are all games that I have no interest in playing today. I am probably forgetting some of the games that I used to play a lot. During middle-school, I used to play tons of sports games for the Genesis/SNES/PSX, but they are kind of forgetable.

Right now, I am back on the Famicom kick—recently trying to master Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, but my most played is online poker on Full Tilt. I also like playing Konami's Mahjong Fight Club at the Japanese arcades. All stats are saved to a personal card, and you are actually playing online with other players around the country. You control with a touch screen, and have a personal seat. Tobacco and green tea are necessities!
    Last edited by Family Computer; 08-03-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My favorites that I've spent more time on than any others include...

River Raid (Atari 2600)
    Solar Fox (Atari 2600)
    Star Fox (SNES)
    Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)
    Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    Top Gear (SNES)
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    Super Mario 64 (N64)
    Outrun (Arcade)
    Root Beer Tapper (Arcade)
    Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
    NASCAR Racing 4 (PC)
    NASCAR Racing 2002 Season (PC)
    NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (PC)
    Titanic: Adventure Out of Time (PC)
    Sim City 3000 (PC)

I guess thats my top 20 in no particular order, i don't think I could cut this down any further. All of these were the ones that stood above the rest at particular times of my life for the amount of time I played them. Recently, its been Oblivion doing it to me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are some games that I have spent more time on than anything else:

-WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64). I have been playing this game constantly ever since I got it about 7 years ago. This is hands down the best wrestling game ever. Hardcore Royal Rumbles almost never get old. I play this game at least once or twice every day. I still believe there has yet to be a WWE game that has surpassed this one in terms of quality.

-Crazy Taxi series (Dreamcast, Xbox). I play the first game the most. I used to play this game almost all the time...the game just never gets old!

-Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube). I played this one for a very, very long time. I have literally unlocked everything except all of the trophies. I got every single character in a single day. I was practically hooked on this game.

-Super Smash Bros. (N64). Pretty much played this constantly (used to rent it all the time..finally convinced my brother to get it one day) until Melee came out in 2001.

-Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    -Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)
    -Advance Wars DS (Nintendo DS). I have logged almost 200 hours of play time on this game. Yes, it's that good.
    -Guitar Hero/GH 2/Rocks the 80's (PS2). I love to just pop in one of the three games and play a song for fun and (try to) beat my high scores.
    -Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2). Completed the single player mode for every main skater in the game, and spent many, many hours playing it online. It was great.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The games I've played the most over the last 15 years would be:
    Super Mario World
    Boogerman
    Sonic 2
    SMB 1,2,3
    Duck Hunt
    Punchout
    SMW 2: Yoshi's Island
    Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
    DKC 1,2,3
    Bubsy 1,2
    Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've put plenty of time into a lot of games, but far and away the one that I've spent the most time playing is Kirby's Dream Course (SNES). I don't even want to estimate how many hours my buddies and me have put into it. A fantastic multiplayer game that is easy to learn, but difficult to master.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

1. NBA Jam. I'd play this repeatedly. And I mean repeatedly.

2. SaGa Frontier. The best RPG that no one has ever played. And the ones that have played it thought it sucked. I, for one, think it is amazing. I went through so many days just playing this.

3. Grand Theft Auto III. The damn game was so innovative when it came out, and I would spend hours doing random stuff. And I swear, I did my best to do everything possible. Like fly the Dodo... Fun times.

4. Halo 2. Yep. From LAN parties to X-Box live with my buddies. Good stuff.

5. NFL 2k5. YEAH BABY. Best fucking football game ever. I swear to god. With the updated rosters. I've been playing it ever since it came out. I have about 1500 hours put into the game. I think I've played it almost everyday. Definitely my most played game ever.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 08-04-2007 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Accidently posted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My #1 most played game has always been Streetfighter 2 SNES. Now I play Streetfighter Anniversary Collection for my Streetfighter 2 fix.

A very close second is the original Legend of Zelda when I was but a Wii lass.

Newer most played games are Sega Genesis Collection and RE4.

for PC I guess would be Starcraft.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My most played game ever would probably be "Super Mario 3".

"Age of Empires 2" might come in 2nd. Spent a lot of time playing random generated missions against the computer.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

Zelda Links Awakening. No other game can keep me focused for more than an hour. This one I can play all day. I have spent hundreds of hours playing this game. It is truly a masterpiece.
    Last edited by Hwj_Chim; 08-04-2007 at 01:36 AM.
    SEGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Civilization (1,2,3...) No game has ever robbed more hours from me than this game. It is the ultimate. Even on my last flight to Japan I spent more than half the flight playing the SNES port of Civ emulated on my PSP. I'm enthralled about the new Civ Revolution game that will be out for the DS. Just wish it would come out before I go to Japan again in December (it's slated for a Q2 release in 08. booo!)

2. Master of Orion (1,2 didn't play 3 much). Spent a lot of time with this one growing up.

3. Rollercoaster Tycoon (1,2 not 3d!). I still like this one.

4. Sim City (all starting from the SNES port). Looking forward to the next one. I have a port of SC 2000 on my pocket pc phone too. Got the new one for DS but haven't been able to pry the DS out of the wifes hands long enough to play it.

5. North Vs. South (nes) I don't know how many hours me and my friends spent playing this.

6. Mario Kart (all)

Honorable mentions go out to C&C, C&C Red Alert, Warcraft II, Empire Deluxe, Microsofts Flight Simulators, Sega GT 2002, GT4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These are the games I've spent the most time on overall:

GTA3
    GTA:VC
    GTA:SA
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    Super Punch-Out!!
    Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
    Tekken 3
    Street Fighter II Turbo

The hours I've spent on these games is countless.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

The one coming to my mind first is Railroad Tycoon. I used to play it on my XT, meaning it was rather slow to begin with. And, and the 4-colour CGA graphics certainly didn't help. But I persisted and put countless hours into it, once even playing RT for 16 hours straight.

Civilization 1: Again, countless hours were wasted with this. As well as with Civ2. Somehow, 3 and 4 never really gripped me. A friend of mine used to get really good at Civ 1, being able to kill all the enemies in 50 turns!!!

Bard's Tale 3: I like to draw my own maps. 'Nough said.

Xevious (NES): Simply because it was the first game I got for my NES. Probably a strange choice. I could have kicked myself for it, to be honest. But alas, that was the game I had, so I played it continuously.