Just figured as an organizer, I'd thank some of the people you may or may not know who work behind the scenes to make it all happen every year....

Dave G. - THE man responsible for this year's show program. If you've been to CGE before you know we've basically done the same program with the same graphics each year. Dave stepped in and really jazzed things up. I hope he keeps the job and can't wait to see what he comes up with next year. Thanks Dave!

Scott Stilphen - Scott is the most unselfish person I have ever met. He'll do anything for friends and often does. He goes beyond the call of duty with an amount of work that most mortals would quiver at. As an example, when it comes to moving arcade machines, Scott is throwing them around while the rest of us just look at each other dumbfounded trying to figure out what to do. He is also the resident award-maker and general handyman. No task is too big and he never looks for praise. In fact i don't think he's ever been to an Alumni dinner even though we invite him every year. Thanks Scott!

Larry Anderson - Each year we walk into our empty museum room and say to each other "How the hell are we going to fill this up? This year we even considered cutting 1/3 of the room away with tables because it was too big. In the end, we ended up using the entire room and even adding extra tables and we still had to leave some items out. The man who rises to the call is our good friend Larry who has some kind of system (I don't try to figure it out, I don't want to know how he does it) for putting it all together. I just say my thanks that I don't have to be involved because surely I would lose my mind. Larry organizes it all and as our Museum Director takes a fair amount of ribbing and complaining from me just for the hell of it. Thanks Larry!

Seth Sternberger - Seth has been our Entertainment Director for the last 5 years and is responsible for auditioning new acts for CGE, organizing the entertainment aspect of the show as well as providing said entertainment with his band 8-bit Weapon. This year we had the pleasure of having ComputeHer and Melbot along for the ride. We're still waiting for DEVO and Information Society Seth! Maybe next year... Thanks Seth!

Steve Hertz - As our Arcade Director, Steve is in charge of helping us get games to the show for the attendees. Each year, we rest easy knowing that Steve has it handled making arrangements for many of the machines to be trucked in from the LA area as well as coordinating with local collectors to help us out. This year we had one of our best showings ever on the arcade front. Thanks Steve!

Chris Chandler - This year Chris took on the task of making web-site updates for us. One of the most horrible and time-consuming jobs in the world in our eyes, Chris easily tackled it and had every change and update we asked him to do done within 48 hours. I don't think he realizes how much of a burden it was off of our shoulders to not have to deal with this! His creativity and urgency to the task has made him a part of our team. I hope he'll join us again next year. Thanks Chris!

Chris Romero - For the past several years, Chris has been handling the Vectrex portion of our museum both at CGE and at our History of Gaming exhibit at E3. This year, Chris went even further above the call of duty by organizing several charity auctions that raised a ton of money for the Las Vegas Salvation Army. He even donated a complete boxed Vectrex collection from his own personal collection for the auction. To take things one step further he was the one who arranged for our lovely auction model, Krystal, to join the team. Thanks Chris!

Chris Neiman - Like Chris Romero, Chris Neiman has provided the Intellivision section of our museum for the past several years both at CGE & E3. Chris can be counted on every year to help out without ever a thought. His collection is tops and we couldn't do it without him. Thanks Chris!

Rik Morgan - It was at one of the early Phillyclassic shows that we saw a gentleman with a huge handheld collection. When we approached him about coming to our show, he replied "You should get in touch with my friend, Rik. He has a collection that's much bigger than mine". So it was that we met Rik. He has helped us for several years, again at both E3 and CGE. When you look at the amazing handheld games in the CGE Museum, remember to thank Rik for sharing his amazing collection with us. Thanks Rik!

The following individuals don't have a specific title but we we couldn't pull the show off without them....

Don Rogers - Don is our all-around "go-to guy". Don has a great sense of direction (Useful when we're trying to navigate around town) as well as being one of the most dedicated show people around. He hasn't missed a show yet and is always willing to run errands, move heavy stuff, and lend a hand wherever necessary. Don has been one of my main buds for about 20 years now. Thanks Don!

Rob & Brian Mundo - What can I say? The Mundo brothers are our local contacts. There isn't much that we ask them to do that they can't come through for us. Guys, can you find us a good storage space? Guys, can you set up a local rental truck? Guys, can you check out this new printer in town? Guys, we need a digital projector within the hour. Guys, can your wives work the registration booth? Guys, can you have show t-shirts made up in just 2 days (asked on the Weds. before the show). You get the picture! Rob & Brian, Thank you!

Jim Combs - Jim's enthusiasm is incredible. I have never met someone who is as emotionally involved in videogames and the show as Jim. He's always there for us, ready to help out whenever possible and truly loves what we do and the community that the show fosters. I hope we haven't sucked all the life-force out of him and he'll stick with us for a while. Thanks Jim!

Daryl Lytle - Daryl really stepped into the spotlight this year. He hit almost the entire line-up of game stores in Las Vegas and handed out flyers for the show. Daryl made the mistake of showing a bit of enthusiasm, unaware that we'll take that as a sign and sign him up for life. What has he gotten himself into? Thanks Daryl!

Al Backiel - Al has stepped up over the last few years to be an integral part of the show. Another person who loves to help out whenever possible, Al has become a major assistant in the Museum, helping Larry set up all the tons of gaming goodeness. Al is a true gamer from the old days and loves being involved. Thanks Al!

Glenn Bruner - Glenn is another "go-to guy". Ask him about the year we got locked out of our storgae and he sawed through the lock with his leatherman. Glenn has been a part of our team for years and is always looking to lend a hand and see what he can help with next. What else could we ask for? Thanks Glenn!

Earl Green - Hopefully Earl will remain on as the newest member of our team, our videographer. After many false starts we tapped Earl to handle the videotaping of the show this year because of his professionalism. Look for a DVD set available hopefully by Christmas. Earl is a dedicated individual that we're hoping we can count on year after year. Thanks Earl!

I actually hate doing lists like this because I'm half drunk right now and will most inevitably forget someone. There are dozens of other people who help out on a regular basis that I'd like to thank. From something so simple as setting up the pipe & drape to donating some items for the museum to supplying me with beer at the auction, I'd like to personally thank you all for every little bit of help you provide in making the show run smoothly. We appreciate every one of you and every one of our attendees who make the show a success just by showing up. Happy collecting and see you next year!

John