CGE2K7

What can I say... I've been with the shows since the World of Atari, the year I moved to Las Vegas... I haven't missed one show, not even the two in Cali. CGE really IS about people... Over the years I've made friends with so many cool people that love the hobby as much as I do. I've also over the years met countless 'heroes' of mine since childhood...

David Crane (Pitfall),
Paul Norman (Forbidden Forest),
Warren Robinett (Adventure),
Don Bluth and crew (Dragon's Lair),
Keith Robinson (Intv chef).
Al Alcorn (Pong, 2600)

The list goes on...

I don't believe that ANY of this would be possible without the help of the organizers of CGE. The show comes and goes so quick... I wish it were a three day event! This year REALLY MEANT ALOT to me... I finally went to the Alumni Dinner, which I can't thank the boys enough for inviting me to, it really made the show for me... I finally went to the after party and got a little more than lit. And best of all I got to hang out with all my friends that come to the show. Sitting down at the "Living Room of the 80's' and playing Surround and other 2 player games was GREAT. Listening to 8 bit weapon was cool as always, I wish they had done a little more in the way of LIVE music.

Buying all the latest homebrews, hacks, demos, media, t shirts etc satisfied my hunger for entertainment for a while. There was a VERY pleasing amount of NEW homebrew games as well as the return of some 'returns' of older games that sold out over the years.

The AUCTION was incredible as always... It's great to see so many people (you know who you are) unselfishly give so much money towards charity. I think next year we should, for the charity auctions, have left side of the room VS right side of the room... Where everyone helps pitch in even a few dollars to help drive the charity auctions up as high as possible. So many people want to help out, but prices become overbearing on most of their wallets towards the end that LOTS of people would be happy to participate by pooling monies in a VS competition. I know I would... and so would alot of the people I've talked to...

The ARCADE selection was great... It was nice to be able to play BERZERK, TUTANKHAM, BURGERTIME, POPEYE, DONKEY KONG, DONKEY KONG JR, ROBOTRON, SINISTAR and the like... THAT really brings back memories...

I have to give Kudos to some of the people who helped make the show this year so incredible...

John Hardie, Sean Kelly, and Joe Santulli... These are three of the coolest gamers on the planet... If it weren't for these three, these shows would never happen... I can't thank all of them enough for the years of great memories. They always take great care of me at the show and treat me like one of the family... I'd ALWAYS be willing to do almost anything to help these guys out every single year, however I can... Thanks again for EVERYTHING GUYS...

Scott Stilphen - Scott has got to be one of the least selfish people on the planet... His contributions for the shows over the years are countless... He lugs arcade games on his friggin back like it was nothing. He has the energy of a young kid... It's got to be seen to be believed... He is working through the entire show no matter what it is.. It is an honor to be friends with someone like this. He never wants anything in return... If we could clone him, the show'd be set up in an hour...

Larry Anderson - Larry is another one of those people who busts his ass at the shows to bring the museum to life... I know that many people help him during the setup process, but it is Larry that brings all of us SUCH an incredible museum... Larry is always goofing and cracking jokes, he is a great friend to hang around with. He always has something witty to add to any conversation, and like Scott, he's always working thoughout the show. Even though I help out alot at the show, it doesn't even seem to compare to the work the above mentioned contribute...

Chris Romero - Chris is a great guy, he has so many Vectrex stories of collecting from over the years, you could sit and listen to them for hours... He is another person who pitched in for charity auctions, a Vectrex collection.

Don Rogers - Don is another one who helps out with just about anything you ask him to... He helped out with the show with so many misc. tasks that most of us don't even think of until it's showtime. Don is also one of the SAFEST drivers I've ever seen in my life...

Charles Dysart - Charles has been taking LOTS of great pics of the show and posting them for all of us to enjoy on his website for years... Most of us get so lost in the show that we don't have a chance to do something as simple as take a friggin picture! As well as adding lots of entertainment at the auction as well... Sorry again buddy about the Heiniken labels... Another great person who doesn't hesitate to help out if you ask him for help. I've been friends with Charles for years and he's always willing to lend a hand...

The Tele Mundos! Rob and Brian... Fellow locals, I'm ashamed of myself that we live so close and never actually get together for some local gaming events... These two are also CONSTANTLY helping with the show, behind the scenes, as well as right on the front lines... They contribute ALOT more to the show than most people even realize... Again, two unselfish brothers that do ALOT to help make the show what it is today... I've known them for years and they are REALLY great guys... Don't let a whole year go by fellas, drop me a line you ever want to just hang out or shoot the breeze...

Big AL Backiel - Al had been with the show for a long time as well. It was a pleasure to see him once again... He is DEFINATELY one of the people that help out to make the museum what it is today... As well as most of the setup and teardown of the show...

Glenn Bruner - Another guy who helps with most of the setup and teardown of the show. It was cool sitting at the after show dinner and just chat with Glenn about classic gaming and things going on in his life. Glenn is always pitching in here and there to help the show out. No task big or small is too much for Glenn.

Kevin (not sure his last name) Helped me set up alot of the show (including the classic gaming section that allows everyone to try out their favorite classics they just purchased) Whenever I needed something he was more than happy to help out... Congrats on winning that Poker Pot and proto that John threw in! Great score!

ALL THE VENDORS THAT ATTENDED THIS YEAR!!! Some of my favs,

Atari2600.com,
Retrogamingradio (Great to see and hang out with Shane R Monroe and the guys another year),
Intellivision Productions (great to see chef in full suit as always)
Older Games
Good Deal Games ( I probably shouldn't list those two so close together ) Wish you two would kiss and make up, life's too short...
Portablesystems
CGE Services (including IANOID ! Good to see you once again this year buddy!)
Digital Press
NWCGE (great to see you all again, Rick Weis, and finally meet CPUWIZ! That guy is unbelieveable, he is truely a GURU! I could pick his brain ALL DAY... Nice guy too, always willing to help you with about anything game related)
PackRat (good to see you again Jarrett! spelling? Another great guy! Congrats on the new little one, brother! )

This list doesn't even hit all the people that make CGE a pleasure to be a part of... Part of making the shows so much fun is what goes on in the process of putting the show together... me injuring myself in some new amusing way almost every show has become run of the mill, building the DIG DUG drop event and then running like hell right before the curtain dropped (Literally), I can't even tell all of you how much fun it is being a part of the show as well as attending it...

I could go on for PAGES, but I think this should wrap it up... Until next year my friends, stay out of trouble, be good to each other, and keep on gaming... Daryl Lytle - volunteer for the classic gaming expo...