Thread: FS: Amiga CD32 System boxed + games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: Amiga CD32 System boxed + games!

Ok guys, got a fairly rare unit here...a US Amiga CD32 system. They're a bitch to find in North America as you know. Here's what's included:

Amiga CD32 system boxed w/hookups (power supply, 2 controllers, mouse, all docs). There is no AV cable because I didn't get one with it, but it uses standard composite, NES/Genny 1 RF, or S-Video, your choice. No special cords needed.

I also have a very rare shmup for the system, Super Stardust, made by the well-known Team17 of Worms fame.

In addition, I have three other games for the system, a very rare action/RPG still factory sealed (HeroQuest II: Legacy of Sorasil), Liberation, and Beneath a Steel Sky.

That's 4 games, two quite rare, and a working system! How can you go wrong?

Asking $250 OBO + shipping for the lot or trade for PCBs. I plan to put it on eBay shortly, but if someone wants it, I will pull it and sell it

I will sell Super Stardust and Heroquest II separately for $50 each.

Paypal only for payments, I accept CC payments as well! Will trade for JAMMA PCBS that I'm looking for (mostly shmups and platform action), DC shmups (Jp ones) and other stuff I need...(Trek and Dr. Who DVD sets, etc).
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Ok guys, got a fairly rare unit here...a US Amiga CD32 system. They're a bitch to find in North America as you know. Here's what's included:

Amiga CD32 system boxed w/hookups (power supply, 2 controllers, mouse, all docs). There is no AV cable because I didn't get one with it, but it uses standard composite, NES/Genny 1 RF, or S-Video, your choice. No special cords needed.

I also have a very rare shmup for the system, Super Stardust, made by the well-known Team17 of Worms fame.

In addition, I have three other games for the system, a very rare action/RPG still factory sealed (HeroQuest II: Legacy of Sorasil), Liberation, and Beneath a Steel Sky.

That's 4 games, two quite rare, and a working system! How can you go wrong?

Asking $250 OBO + shipping for the lot or trade for PCBs. I plan to put it on eBay shortly, but if someone wants it, I will pull it and sell it

I will sell Super Stardust and Heroquest II separately for $50 each.

Paypal only for payments, I accept CC payments as well! Will trade for JAMMA PCBS that I'm looking for (mostly shmups and platform action), DC shmups (Jp ones) and other stuff I need...(Trek and Dr. Who DVD sets, etc).
    That's friggin' SWEET!

I'd go into one of those "No Shirts, No Shoes, No Service" joints without shoes or a shirt then face the music just to get one of those bad boys.

Wish I had the dough for that system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

I've always wanted to try one of these. Worth it for good games? Or just collectibles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    I've always wanted to try one of these. Worth it for good games? Or just collectibles?

I'd say a bit of both. Super Stardust is flat out amazing...it's one of the top titles. There's a few other really great ones...most were Euro exclusives. Some really good shooters and action titles exclusive to the system...I'd say about 10-20 must-have titles, which makes it at least even with the Sega CD

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I hear Battletoads was a bomb on CD32, though. A really bad version.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

please someone buy this thing before I do...lol

seriously, its so tempting but not sure its worth the argument I would end up getting into after the next CC statement shows up.

do PAL games run on this or is it NTSC only?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as I know, PAL games run on it fine. I have heard that some don't however...not REALLY sure as I only have a handful of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

I know Zero and I have gone over this, and honestly I think we both need to create a list of games that work only in 'PAL' and games that work in NTSC with the bottom of the screen chopped off.

PAL games will run, for the most part, on the NTSC console fine. It will cut off the bottom part of the screen, or will do nothing bad at all. In some cases, like Simon the Sorcerer, you cannot click on anything since the pointer is 'off'. There are *some* PAL games that force the system into PAL only, and to view these you will need a PAL TV or 1084 monitor that will read a PAL signal via composite.

There are PAL->NTSC boxes but I'm not sure the results. I've used a VGA box that converts composite to VGA on a game that is in PAL only mode and successfully got it to run in black and white.

You *can* put the system into PAL-only mode by hooking an Amiga mouse to it and holding down both mouse buttons. A menu will appear and you change to whatever mode you want. You will need a PAL capable TV/monitor in this mode.

Unfortunately, Super Stardust *is* a game that will only run in PAL mode. And it's a freakin' awesome game too.

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icbrkr View Post
    There are *some* PAL games that force the system into PAL only, and to view these you will need a PAL TV or 1084 monitor that will read a PAL signal via composite.

1084 monitors can do PAL? if so i have a good condition 1084S. i never knew that