Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Buy price gouging on 360 accessories? (joystiq)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The ONLY positive about working at Best Buy was that their employee discount is a certange percentage above cost... So instead of saving 10% off the PRICE of an item, you'd pay 10% more than it's COST. Savings on a brand new video game? $3-4. Savings on Monster Cables? $30-$40, hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT View Post
    The ONLY positive about working at Best Buy was that their employee discount is a certange percentage above cost... So instead of saving 10% off the PRICE of an item, you'd pay 10% more than it's COST. Savings on a brand new video game? $3-4. Savings on Monster Cables? $30-$40, hehe.
    Shit, I bought some new speakers for my car when I worked there -- selling for $149, got 'em for $40.

They were selling radar detectors at $399 at the time, employee cost was just north of $100.

Of course, on a TV/home stereo/computer -- forget it. You'd pay alot more at cost + 10%. Hot computer items were sold below costs, which is why my manager orchestrated a Circuit City raid on some HP printers. Circuit was selling less han us, and below cost, so the manager sent employees to buy up their stock (for us to resell). Unethical? Sure. But funny.

(Best Buys still sucks, though, and I avoid shopping there when I can.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had 3 extremely awful customer experiences in my life, and 2 of them took place at BB (the other was at Walmart). BB has to be the most anti-customer big box store I've ever been to. Customer service is absolutely abysmal. Most of the associates aren't too bad, but I don't know where they find the upper level store management. I had to argue for over 30 minutes with 3 levels of managers for a 5 dollar off price match. 5 dollars! At the time I was spending hundreds of dollars a month at BB, and I had to argue with the store manager to have them honor their own damn policies. I've never had a store work so hard to screw me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile View Post
    I've had 3 extremely awful customer experiences in my life, and 2 of them took place at BB (the other was at Walmart). BB has to be the most anti-customer big box store I've ever been to. Customer service is absolutely abysmal. Most of the associates aren't too bad, but I don't know where they find the upper level store management. I had to argue for over 30 minutes with 3 levels of managers for a 5 dollar off price match. 5 dollars! At the time I was spending hundreds of dollars a month at BB, and I had to argue with the store manager to have them honor their own damn policies. I've never had a store work so hard to screw me.
    I used to feel that way about BB. Seems that in the past few years they've gotten much less pushy (used to not be able to go into one without having credit cards/netflix/broadband/satellite/cable/reward zone etc. shoved down your throat every time you turned around. I've actually stopped completely avoiding BB now that that sort of crap has calmed down.