Thread: What stores carry pre-PS2 era games in the south/central Jersey area?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    OMorty

Default What stores carry pre-PS2 era games in the south/central Jersey area?

Since I will be getting a huge load of cash soon, I was wondering, are there any stores that carry Genesis/SNES/Saturn/etc. games in the south/central New Jersey area? The only store I went to to fulfill such needs was Video Game Connections, but their brick-and-mortar store has been out of business for years.

Also, yeah, this topic was inspired by Fuzzball24's "Game Stores in CA" topic, deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    OMorty

Those stores seem a bit far, as it would take me 1 1/2 hours to get to either of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Those stores seem a bit far, as it would take me 1 1/2 hours to get to either of them.
    It's worth it dude, trust me. Even if you only go once every year, you need to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know how you feel! It's 8.5 hrs away from me.

Well, not really. I drive 90 minutes in many directions to hunt down new stores.

One day... One day...
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Insert Coin (Level 0) FoxyGamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    grimsalutations
    PSN
    The_Foxy_Gamer

You really should go there- drexel at Next Level has always helped me out with everything I could ever need- he's an awesome guy. I haven't been to Digital Press yet, but that's only because I don't have the cash as soon as I do, it's on.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if your geting a LOAD to cash take a drive to Next Level Video Games, or Digital Press Videogames, go to east-village in NYC and go to Multimedia 1.0. I mean if your geting a load of cash take the hour or two drive it will be well worth it.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"huge load of cash" YOU SAID IT YOURSELF!!!! So spend the $15 in gas money to go to Next Level, Digital Press, or Multimedia 1.0. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Have you lost your love for the precious (video games)???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I live smack dab in the middle of the state, and both Digital Press and Next Level are well worth the trip. Both are relatively easy drives and the payoff is enormous. I've been to DP more due to NAVA and other reasons, but I guarantee you will spend at least and hour in either of them and have difficulty not spending too much money in the process. Digital Press has a larger selection, but Next Level has a nice amount of imports to leaf through for the classic systems. Both are better than Connections was (no offense meant to anyone from Connections, especially Mike. I loved that store. NAVA there also ntroduced me to this site). I went to Next Gen two weekends ago, got some nice lynx games I was looking for & Devil World for Famicom, and had a great time hanging out with Nick and his staff.

Don't bother with Multimedia/St. Marks/whatever it is now. Their prices are a total rip off. It is a nice place to spend 10 minutes while waiting for McSorleys to open on a Sunday morning though J&L in Chinatown wasn't so great the last time I was there either (if they're even there anymore). I do remember getting my Jp Platinum GameBoy Player there 6 months before the US version came out. $60 and worth every penny to have a GB Player that matches my GameCube and play Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance and Circle of the Moon on my TV as soon as was humanly possible, but I digress...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    OMorty

Eh, I might have exaggerated on that "huge load of cash". It's more like a chunk of cash. (Around $150-$200)

Also, i'm not the one driving. (I'm only 14, just so ya know.) Hopefully, I might persuade my older brother once I get the dough.

And another thing, do those stores sell Saturn games at a reasonable price? (American and import, as I might get an Action Replay) I just got another Saturn, so I was hoping to purchase a bunch of games for it. (Do the games use a rarity scale? For example, will they sell Earthworm Jim 2 for cheap, but Sonic Jam at a higher price?)

P.S.: If they have any Turbo Grafx CD stuff that would be cool as well. (I probably wouldn't buy it, though.)
    Last edited by Omni; 08-19-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh, I might have exaggerated on that "huge load of cash". It's more like a chunk of cash. (Around $150-$200)

Also, i'm not the one driving. (I'm only 14, just so ya know.) Hopefully, I might persuade my older brother once I get the dough.
    The trip to the DP store is worth the trip.

Offer your brother $25 for gas and maybe he'll go for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    OMorty

I'm probably gonna go to Next Level, but i'm unsure about Digital Press. Is Next Level far away from Digital Press?

Edit: MAN! Almost 2 hours to get from Next Level to Digital Press!? No one would drive me that far just for games!

Well, since it has come to this, which has a better selection of Saturn games?
    Last edited by Omni; 08-20-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    OMorty

*Sorry for the bump and double-post!*
    I just went to Next Level, and man what an awesome store it is! It has literally EVERY system, and a huge amount of games that are pretty much brand new! The games were priced well, and I felt I got more than my money's worth.
    With my cash (along with a 10% discount from mentioning Digital Press) I got:

32X:
    Virtua Racing Deluxe - $6.99 re-shrinkwrapped

Saturn:
    An Eclipse Stick - $15 new
    Bug! - $12.99 used
    Croc - $6.99 used
    Duke Nuke'm 3D - $9.99 used
    Street Fighter Collection - $39.99 used
    Sonic Jam - $29.99 used
    Sonic R - $19.99 used

The fact that almost every game was resurfaced sealed the deal. Now, if only they had some Action Replay 4 megs in stock.........

P.S.: My brother had to drive through several ghetto-ish areas. From what I saw, some of what people say about Camden is pretty damn true. (Most of it isn't. However, in the city most of that stuff probably is.) Luckily, no one shot me or tried to jack my older brother's car while he bumped his crappy rap music, so its all good.

P.P.S.: The man at the store (Drexel?) at the time was pretty damn friendly. GameStop workers need to be more like him!
    Last edited by Omni; 08-28-2007 at 08:38 PM.