I got a nice surprise when I opened the mail today, as I was expecting a simple NES to PC adapter as that's how this item was listed without pics in the PC section of an online retro-store. The item that I received seems to be more than that, possibly part of something bigger?

Here are pics:

The connector on the right is the NES one (partially hidden under the cable). The three buttons on the front remind me of old computer mice, and these buttons have "RESET", "SET", and "LOAD" written on them. The cable has a connector that looks like that of a keyboard, and it also has an input for the same type of connector next to the NES controller input. On the back it has a FCC regulations sticker I assume (haven't opened the plastic to take a closer look at it) with FCC ID: E6QJOY-A, and "Made in Taiwan."

Does anybody know what this is or where it's from? It was bought from a Dutch online store, and my guess would be that it's either a NES controller to PC interface for roms or, more likely, part of a NES back-up device (although as far as I know only Famicom back-up devices are known to exist, which I doubt would have a 7-pin NES controller input).