Thread: I had it all....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I had it all....

Now that the contest has ended, there seems to be little point in posting a new lore. But, for me, this is the absolute RIGHT time to do so.

I am entitling this lore: "I had it all", and for reasons that will become blatantly obvious as you read the following passages.

Ahem.

I had it all. You name it. Nearly complete collection of Neo-Geo AES cartridge games complete. A complete Sega Master System collection. A near complete TG16 collection. I had the rare, the one of a kind, I had it all.

I know, if you had replaced the videogame terminology with money, drugs, and women, the introduction would probably sound like something a mobster from Goodfellas would say....after ratting out all of his friends and entering the witness protection program.

I have loved videogames as long as I can remember. I started life as such with an Atari 2600, then a Vic-20, NES, SMS, Commodore 64, Genesis, SNES, Amiga....well you get the idea. I have at one point or another in my life owned every single gaming system (and collected for) that you can imagine. Let's just put it this way: It would be HARD for me to find something in previous consoles that I did NOT at one point own or collect for. I would probably have to go to the obscure...possibly something outside of the USA.

I always did have a big problem however. Money. Not a surprise for many people who collect. I have eyes bigger than my wallet, and the only way I found that I can have it all was to sell it all, and buy other things. But that really is *not* having it all, now is it?

My interests shift like day and night. One day I am into the Atari Jaguar, and I want it all. I even found a ultra rare prototype...Speedster II. I am sure you've seen it on Atariage. I sold it to him. Why? I don't freakin' know. You have probably also seen that Sega Master System store display kiosk...picture s floating around the net. That was mine too. I got rid of it. Oh, now I know why. Money to buy something that was my next interest. And my beloved Vic-20 collection...I'll never have what I had again.

The list goes on....these are only a few examples. I didn't always sell for the sake of collecting however. There were many points in my life in which I *needed* the money. You know. Those terrible bills. But, again, many of those bills came to be BECAUSE of my collecting "disease".

Why do I share this with everyone? It is a warning! Take your time, have FUN with the games, and the game that is collecting. I am not going to sit here and tell you that you should never get rid of your games, but if you love them like I do you will most definitely regret it.

Whatever it is that you collect, again, take your time. Buy what you can afford. Do not sell your goodies because your interests shift to something else. This is a poor mistake, one I have learned the hard way.

These days I am taking it easy, getting games that I knew and loved from my childhood...at the best possible prices. No longer will I jump at the super rarity....at least not until I can afford to do so. I will not sacrafice my collection for other items. If I get bored, I'll pack it all away in a time capsule. Because I know someday that I will want it again.
    Last edited by zektor; 09-01-2007 at 01:12 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

This sounds like me in a few years. I've recently been biting off more than I can chew as well. Trades in are the devil's work I'm sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

dont get carried away man
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

The contest is still on, for at least another 4 weeks!