Thread: Help!!! Why does Ebay keep pulling my listing? (Beamrider Prototype)

Insert Coin (Level 0) jimdandy75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help!!! Why does Ebay keep pulling my listing? (Beamrider Prototype)

Hello, I'm kinda new here. I do read alot of listings and hang out, but this is my first post. Figured I'll take this up with the veterans, and try to find out what's going on. I've listed an Activision Beamrider prototype on Ebay, and they've pulled it twice. Why would they do this, I've seen Atari Lab Loaners and protos go their full term, but they keep hosing me. They send me an end item notification and it says copyright infringement, that selling betas and prototypes is strictly prohibited on ebay. Yet type in keyword 'PROTOTYPE' and there are 1067 hits. Am I being targeted by someone, you think?
    Thanks

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimdandy75 View Post
    Hello, I'm kinda new here. I do read alot of listings and hang out, but this is my first post. Figured I'll take this up with the veterans, and try to find out what's going on. I've listed an Activision Beamrider prototype on Ebay, and they've pulled it twice. Why would they do this, I've seen Atari Lab Loaners and protos go their full term, but they keep hosing me. They send me an end item notification and it says copyright infringement, that selling betas and prototypes is strictly prohibited on ebay. Yet type in keyword 'PROTOTYPE' and there are 1067 hits. Am I being targeted by someone, you think?
    Thanks
    This is going to be moved to the regular Ebay forum. Before it does.........

I've never listed prototypes on Ebay before but why not just find a way to list it without using the word prototype at all? Collectors who are actually looking for the game are going to already know what it is and you should still get plenty of bids if it is worth anything. People search for something like that with the word Beamrider, not with the word prototype. At least that is what I do as a buyer. So there is no real need to use the word, IMO.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    This is going to be moved to the regular Ebay forum. Before it does.........

I've never listed prototypes on Ebay before but why not just find a way to list it without using the word prototype at all? Collectors who are actually looking for the game are going to already know what it is and you should still get plenty of bids if it is worth anything. People search for something like that with the word Beamrider, not with the word prototype. At least that is what I do as a buyer. So there is no real need to use the word, IMO.
    As bangtango said, you are not allowed to sell protos on ebay. Quite a few listings have been pulled from ebay for this reason. You'll have to be a little more creative in your wording to keep it listed and still let buyers know what it is you're selling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was trying to sell a couple of Famicom protos and eBay pulled my listings both times and told me that if I listed them again they would suspend my account. I tried arguing with them but to no avail.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Someone who dislikes you may be reporting/targeting you, but more likely, if they caught you the first time, they're going to watch you after that. If you've already been caught twice, I wouldn't risk getting caught again. You might just want to sell it here or at AtariAge. If you do eBay it again, don't use the word 'proto' or 'promo' anywhere in the auction.

Welcome to DP, by the way. I was the one who contacted you about the Cakewalk earlier today. I actually was going to warn you about the proto as well, but it was pulled before I even got the chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Whoops, was meant to be a PM